Notices
NISMO 370Z The Limited Edition Best Handling 370Z Ever.

New 2015 NISMO 370Z Preview at Zdayz

Old 05-25-2014, 10:39 AM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm quite liking the look of that, as far as I'm concerned it adds a little subtle something to the car. NICE.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:31 PM
JoshLarson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nukiz0r
Yes I am saying it is quite possibly doomed (my exact previous words) simply because its appeal is waning, while the hype machine for the IDX continues to gain momentum. However, given Nismo/Nissan's track record, the IDX probably will be just like the Z in that it's not the most tuner friendly vehicle. The Nismo is simply not the runaway performer of its class that it used to be when the 350Z Nismo was released. The gap is closing, and the cars that are closing that gap are finding ways to come in at a lower price point, or better gas mileage, or going the other direction in price, approaching GT-R specs for a relatively small jump. (10-12k more for a Stingray).
Nismo had a chance to make something fresh that truly envisioned the Track car that it claims to be, and they didn't. I love my Nismo, but the fact that performance wise, they've done practically nothing to set it apart from my 2010 tells me they aren't really even trying to make the Nismo's the "stand apart" Z it once was, and they aren't trying to keep their competitive curve either. At it's price point this new one seems like it's trying to ape luxury class speedsters (with the new interior) rather than being the no nonsense purpose built track vehicle it was once touted to be. They've lost sight of the original market the Nismo was once made for, but hey, now you can get an awesome touchscreen gps/stereo system while you're driving the Tail of the Dragon. At least the seats look nice and purposeful.

Like I said, I love my Nismo, and I'm a diehard fan, but I'm a realist too. While I'm insulted at what Nismo presented to us here, I'm also worried this strategy is not a winning one for anyone, especially those of us who love them so much and crave a Z that's special for more than the numbered plaque inside.
The one positive thing I can see coming out of this is that maybe Nissan will see the declining sales/lack of growth, and realize that to draw customers, they're going to need to stay competitive.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshLarson
The one positive thing I can see coming out of this is that maybe Nissan will see the declining sales/lack of growth, and realize that to draw customers, they're going to need to stay competitive.
I agree. Lets hope right?
Old 05-25-2014, 03:44 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Yeah, but probably not. Ever see those TV ads when Nissan is having a big national promotion on their cars? Ever see a Z in one of those ads? I don't believe they care all that much about the Z, and the other 2 big Japanese manufacturers don't have a sports car model anymore, either. In terms of selling performance cars they seem to have put their emphasis on their Infiniti brand, with sponsorship of the RBR F1 team, and those ads with Seb Vettel as "performance director". Too bad none of those bloated Infiniti's is a real "performance" car, though.

Seemingly, Nissan wants to sell Sentra's, Altima's, and their SUV's/Trucks much more than they'll ever care about the tiny business of selling a Z to an enthusiast base of customers. Maybe they've already accepted defeat, on a corporate level, to Ford and Chevy.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:11 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldnt go as far as saying they accepted defeat. Cus they could do wat the others are doing if they wanted to. It's jus they don't really care or care to compete head to head anymore for watever internal reason. Maybe they feel its not all about hp n there's other things they can focus on like handling. Or maybe jus focus on other things all together.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:34 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

True, the same thing happened with the transition from 350 to 370Z. However after browsing the forums here, other places, and Nismo's facebook page, one thing keeps popping up: it seems most of the people who dislike it, have owned one previously. The ones heaping praise upon the new design haven't. The fact is, this is supposed to be the elite Z; their purpose built race car for people who want a track vehicle. But at its current price point, it is not even remotely competitive to other vehicles with similar or better specs. I think that is what's pissing off the diehard Nismo fans, they aren't giving us anything but a facelift, when the whole point behind the car was about better performance.
Originally Posted by Entaille
this isn't like the cayman and 911, where the gap is minuscule. the gap between the 370z and the GTR is tremendous! I don't think they are worried about cannibalizing their own sales at all. just lazy engineering trying to milk as much $$ as they can out of the platform without investing more into it. The Z is definitely in a bad position right now though, the merica' alternatives keep improving and the Z has been sitting stagnate for so long now..
I'm not buying it. I'm on my third Z car, if you include all generations, and the fact that my '10 can hang with a '15 without any modifications really says something about the stagnation of the product. The V8 mustangs aren't the only competition in its class either. This is just lazy engineering, for a vehicle that quite possibly will be doomed once the IDX comes out.
You've been here just as long as I have, you know that Nissan has a bad habit of not reading the market and keeping current.
Yes I am saying it is quite possibly doomed (my exact previous words) simply because its appeal is waning, while the hype machine for the IDX continues to gain momentum. However, given Nismo/Nissan's track record, the IDX probably will be just like the Z in that it's not the most tuner friendly vehicle. The Nismo is simply not the runaway performer of its class that it used to be when the 350Z Nismo was released. The gap is closing, and the cars that are closing that gap are finding ways to come in at a lower price point, or better gas mileage, or going the other direction in price, approaching GT-R specs for a relatively small jump. (10-12k more for a Stingray).
Nismo had a chance to make something fresh that truly envisioned the Track car that it claims to be, and they didn't. I love my Nismo, but the fact that performance wise, they've done practically nothing to set it apart from my 2010 tells me they aren't really even trying to make the Nismo's the "stand apart" Z it once was, and they aren't trying to keep their competitive curve either. At it's price point this new one seems like it's trying to ape luxury class speedsters (with the new interior) rather than being the no nonsense purpose built track vehicle it was once touted to be. They've lost sight of the original market the Nismo was once made for, but hey, now you can get an awesome touchscreen gps/stereo system while you're driving the Tail of the Dragon. At least the seats look nice and purposeful.

Like I said, I love my Nismo, and I'm a diehard fan, but I'm a realist too. While I'm insulted at what Nismo presented to us here, I'm also worried this strategy is not a winning one for anyone, especially those of us who love them so much and crave a Z that's special for more than the numbered plaque inside.
Originally Posted by JoshLarson
I agree. Lets hope right?
^^^^ I agree with all of this. I'm also disappointed with the strictly gingerbread changes on the '15 Nismo.

I feel like Nissan has become complacent with the Z and has lost touch with the market. I don't see the same zeal from Nissan to keep the Z competitive as they do with the GT-R. The slow 370Z sales reflect that. For the last couple years, I thought the time was right to offer a twin turbo Z again and that they could have done so with the Nismo version. A 420 horsepower TT 370Z would have reinvigorated the Z brand and made it competitive with the other 400+ horsepower cars on the market. I don't think it would have detracted from GT-R sales either, since the GT-R has 550 horsepower, AWD, dual clutch trans, and costs about $100K with options.

My 5 year lease on my '09 370Z is ending in July. Unfortunately, after owning three G35's and leasing this 370Z, both Nissan and Infiniti have lost my interest with the exception of the GT-R. I now have the same lust for the C7 Vette as I had when I first saw the G35 coupe. At this point, I intend to buy a used Subaru as a daily and then save up for a C7 Z06. I've been hoping for Nissan or Infiniti to woo me back with an awesome new Z or G coupe, but I'm not optimistic.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:07 PM
ZKansasZ

Originally Posted by saywat?
Fugly. Previous nismo looked way better
Originally Posted by Whiteazn2
Ugly... previous Nismo is better.
let me just save these two statement for further proof
time will tell
Old 05-30-2014, 01:18 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
^^^^ I agree with all of this. I'm also disappointed with the strictly gingerbread changes on the '15 Nismo.

I feel like Nissan has become complacent with the Z and has lost touch with the market.
+1

Originally Posted by ZKansasZ
let me just save these two statement for further proof
time will tell
Sadly I wish the z34 would be easy on the eyes...only ones are the ones with the Amuse kits or Nismo that have been lowered. Other than that it's too chunky when you side by side it!

To touch on the Nissan missing the target, it seems the Z is a science project or a test bed for the "let's try this" ideas.

"Rev Matching"

"Over Styling looks" Fangs/No fangs/Side markers/No side markers

"Pedals" too much of a video game feel...traditional feel has been lost

I'm not one looking for more power, but they need to give us a platform to accept more power? As the American market does...

I could go on and on and on and on....but hey want can we do...
Old 05-30-2014, 01:21 PM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

^^^

Preach it.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:17 AM
350zrn35

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2015 JDM 370z (Z34) details and prices

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/Z/nismo.html

Manufacturer's suggested retail price ※
5,626,800 yen
(excluding tax price 5,210,000 yen)

It is even more expensive than the 380RS. (6-speed manual transmission) ¥5,397,000 (¥5,140,000 base price, exclusive of tax).

It could be pricier than the MY14 here.
Attached Thumbnails New 2015 NISMO 370Z Preview at Zdayz-82_dl0000480546.jpg   New 2015 NISMO 370Z Preview at Zdayz-65_dl0000480578.jpg   New 2015 NISMO 370Z Preview at Zdayz-82_dl0000480579.jpg   New 2015 NISMO 370Z Preview at Zdayz-81_dl0000480580.jpg   New 2015 NISMO 370Z Preview at Zdayz-81_dl0000538096.jpg  

New 2015 NISMO 370Z Preview at Zdayz-65_dl0000480581.jpg  

Last edited by 350zrn35; 08-01-2014 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:57 AM
andre81k

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

im saving up for a turbo kit. So if by time I have it all and news on the next Z is "hopefully" a V6 TT (unlikely) then I will be using that money as a down payment. A man can dream right haha.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by KingBaby
To touch on the Nissan missing the target, it seems the Z is a science project or a test bed for the "let's try this" ideas.

"Rev Matching"
The rev-matching experiment actually worked very well. It never misses.

People who want to improve their skills can disable the feature too.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:51 PM
GrayGoose

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcains
I don't believe they care all that much about the Z, and the other 2 big Japanese manufacturers don't have a sports car model anymore, either. .
Wait for the new 300hp Honda CTR, or the S2000 to hit the road as a 365hp, awd hybrid MR. And the new NSX and the new FT1.

Don't get me wrong, some of these cars are competing/aimed at a different class, but Nissan's gonna realize the void between sportscar and supercar needs to be filled. That's when they'll take the Z, and the Nismo fan-base's cries for more power seriously.

When a CTR hands the Z it's *** on a royal platter, Nissan's gonna take notice. Just give it time, guys.

Last edited by GrayGoose; 08-12-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:16 AM
kinethix

I do like the seats and the headlights. That's about it. I have to see it in person.
Still love this one better.
2014 370z Nismo.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:51 PM
musubi

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This new 2015 Nismo reminds me of the Juke Nismo with the red accents, which I'm not a fan of. Perhaps this is worth seeing in person.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:31 PM
RedlineHR

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kinethix
I do like the seats and the headlights. That's about it. I have to see it in person.
2014 370z Nismo.

That's a bad a$$ 350 in the background!

Nissan's z is an endangered specie. The GTR is great and will be getting a substantial remake and the z will go the way if the other hideous vehicles that Nissan is making like the Juke and Cube and the other ugly bulbous headlight catastrophe called the Leaf.

Nissan z has not seen a substantial acceleration improvement since the TT z in 1990. So 24 years with no improvement? Don't start holding your breath now.

The Ford mustang GT is now what the z used to be. Great bang for the buck. Nissan cannot figure out how to produce value-based performance any more.

The return of the z... the 350z... was only possible because it shared a platform with the g35, keeping costs in check. Only problem is the Nissan/infiniti sedan line is getting bigger to keep up with other sedans on the market and this is killing the z until they either build a new, dedicated platform for the z or find another platform to share.

I have a feeling that the awesome Nismo Z features you see in these photos (the body kit you see is still ugly, IMO) like the seats and leather and Nav are a Japan only thing and will never make it to the US because it would push up the Nismo price way too high here in the US.

The only way the Nissan z can keep up with this segment is to use forced induction but then the price would be too high.

In the mean time, Nissan will continue to rehash the past and spit out vanilla cars for performance car prices as long as people are still buying them.

After 3 z-cars, Nissan has lost me as a customer. My next sports car will be a c7 Vette or an M3.

Edit: heck, even the BMW m235i will do 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and a 12.9 1/4 mile for $46k.

Last edited by RedlineHR; 08-16-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:57 PM
bb17

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

They just need to make some new-build 380RS! Back to basics!
Old 09-23-2014, 08:21 PM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedlineHR
That's a bad a$$ 350 in the background!

Nissan's z is an endangered specie. The GTR is great and will be getting a substantial remake and the z will go the way if the other hideous vehicles that Nissan is making like the Juke and Cube and the other ugly bulbous headlight catastrophe called the Leaf.

Nissan z has not seen a substantial acceleration improvement since the TT z in 1990. So 24 years with no improvement? Don't start holding your breath now.

The Ford mustang GT is now what the z used to be. Great bang for the buck. Nissan cannot figure out how to produce value-based performance any more.

The return of the z... the 350z... was only possible because it shared a platform with the g35, keeping costs in check. Only problem is the Nissan/infiniti sedan line is getting bigger to keep up with other sedans on the market and this is killing the z until they either build a new, dedicated platform for the z or find another platform to share.

I have a feeling that the awesome Nismo Z features you see in these photos (the body kit you see is still ugly, IMO) like the seats and leather and Nav are a Japan only thing and will never make it to the US because it would push up the Nismo price way too high here in the US.

The only way the Nissan z can keep up with this segment is to use forced induction but then the price would be too high.

In the mean time, Nissan will continue to rehash the past and spit out vanilla cars for performance car prices as long as people are still buying them.

After 3 z-cars, Nissan has lost me as a customer. My next sports car will be a c7 Vette or an M3.

Edit: heck, even the BMW m235i will do 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and a 12.9 1/4 mile for $46k.
i agree with everything here. Nissan is falling behind big time. Its a shame too because us Z guys are such a loyal bunch but if they cant produce vehicles with relevance to the market/price and especially performance many people will walk
Old 09-24-2014, 12:01 AM
sickZ31/Z33

Originally Posted by kinethix
2014 370z Nismo.

I love the 2014 Nismo as well, especially in white... badass looking 350Z as well.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:44 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Disgusting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2015 NISMO 370Z Preview at Zdayz