MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   North Central (https://my350z.com/forum/north-central-30/)
-   -   Minnesota Chat Thread (https://my350z.com/forum/north-central/360304-minnesota-chat-thread.html)

Jackstand 03-07-2009 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by blueVQ (Post 7045104)
i actually dont want it to get too nice too fast.. ill be mad if im still workin on my car when its time to be drivin haha.... the shop i ordered the charger from says they charge 14 hours to install and they"ve done quite a few.... lol i wonder how long it will take me and two buddies to do it in a garage ..

Not that long man really it probably wouldnt. Im sure it would take some time to do it but i guess it depends on the type of charger. Roots or syntrif. If you want to send me a PM and we can talk about it more but i wouldnt pay for 14 hrs of work

WannabeSS 03-07-2009 06:18 PM

Played with an 09 FX35 on the freeway tonight. I cant imagine how fast the 50 is.... because the 35 ripped pretty well.

Zivman 03-07-2009 08:33 PM

i actually dont want it to get too nice too fast.. ill be mad if im still workin on my car when its time to be drivin haha.... the shop i ordered the charger from says they charge 14 hours to install and they"ve done quite a few.... lol i wonder how long it will take me and two buddies to do it in a garage ..

unless you have mad skills, a lift, and a big lot of tools, it will take you longer than 14 hrs. 14 hrs is basically a weekend project. It can be done, but based on my experiences with the kit, it will take longer.

Spork 03-07-2009 09:37 PM

Can the Vortech be installed just by taking off the entire front end?

Zivman 03-07-2009 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Spork (Post 7046003)
Can the Vortech be installed just by taking off the entire front end?

Really not all the front needs to come off.... basically just the bumper and impact beam, it is pretty much a bolt on type kit.

Spork 03-07-2009 10:18 PM

Ahh, gotcha.

Question. I'm looking into getting Tanabe NF210's and SPC rear camber arms. Should I just bring both to a dealership at once or something so everything can get put on and aligned right away? or what should I do?

Jackstand 03-08-2009 07:01 AM

Where do you guys think i should look locally to find a pre 06 vq longblock?

SmoothZ 03-08-2009 08:09 AM

lol i wonder how long it will take me and two buddies to do it in a garage ..

A weekend and more guys... maybe some hot chicks to cheer you on.

Originally Posted by Spork (Post 7045102)
Remember to use a lot of WD-40 on the rubber hangers. Those gave me the most trouble when I removed my stock exhaust.

Kinda pull the exhaust down to stretch the hole, and use the red straw that comes with the WD-40 to spray inside the rubber mount holes.

Thanks, man. Looks like I'll be doing that when it gets warmer. So what does the 40 do? Expands the rubber or helps slip the nipple through?

Originally Posted by Zivman (Post 7045814)
unless you have mad skills, a lift, and a big lot of tools, it will take you longer than 14 hrs. 14 hrs is basically a weekend project. It can be done, but based on my experiences with the kit, it will take longer.

werd... I always double or triple the time spent when I'm involved.

Originally Posted by Jackstand (Post 7046506)

Look for scrap yards that have online directories for parts. :dunno:

SmoothZ 03-08-2009 08:10 AM

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior/42...-air-duct.html

blueVQ 03-08-2009 08:17 AM

haha ya thanks guys... ya paulgt2 with advanced race technology is where i ordered it and he suggested taking the front bumper and radiator out. he said do this so you can route the intercooler piping easier. although i did get the v3 blower so i don't have to drill the oil lines in the pan so that should save a little time. but ya im expecting it to take a week or so...

SmoothZ 03-08-2009 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by blueVQ (Post 7046675)
haha ya thanks guys... ya paulgt2 with advanced race technology is where i ordered it and he suggested taking the front bumper and radiator out. he said do this so you can route the intercooler piping easier. although i did get the v3 blower so i don't have to drill the oil lines in the pan so that should save a little time. but ya im expecting it to take a week or so...

So mod party at your house? I'll bring drinks! Attachment 444049

Zivman 03-08-2009 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Spork (Post 7046069)
Ahh, gotcha.

Question. I'm looking into getting Tanabe NF210's and SPC rear camber arms. Should I just bring both to a dealership at once or something so everything can get put on and aligned right away? or what should I do?

I really shy away from the dealers. Both can be installed in an evening on your own without working too hard/fast. But yes, do it all in one swipe. Just make sure they at least drive the car around the block a few times before they allign it. You need some forces on the springs to seat them in properly

Zivman 03-08-2009 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jackstand (Post 7046506)

Do you want new? just running? what kind of condition?

sportbiketed 03-08-2009 10:35 AM

SmoothZ how much do you want for just the muffler?

blueVQ 03-08-2009 11:44 AM

anybody go see the watchmen this weekend.... i went yesterday its pretty sweet... theres boobs in it! haha that was kindof unexpected

SmoothZ 03-08-2009 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by sportbiketed (Post 7047016)
SmoothZ how much do you want for just the muffler?

You have PM.

Originally Posted by blueVQ (Post 7047218)
anybody go see the watchmen this weekend.... i went yesterday its pretty sweet... theres boobs in it! haha that was kindof unexpected

Sweet. I want to see this movie so badly.

Spork 03-08-2009 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Zivman (Post 7046872)
I really shy away from the dealers. Both can be installed in an evening on your own without working too hard/fast. But yes, do it all in one swipe. Just make sure they at least drive the car around the block a few times before they allign it. You need some forces on the springs to seat them in properly

Thanks Aaron. I'm hoping this will complete my exterior look for now so I can move on to smaller engine stuff. I still need a spacer. :icon43:

Dave!!! JIC Spartan DE single exhaust y-pipe back $350

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior/42...-to-stock.html

I called dibs on it already for you. If you don't want it, say so and I'll withdraw my dibs.

blueVQ 03-08-2009 11:59 AM

Sweet. I want to see this movie so badly.[/QUOTE]

ya dave, go see it... but dont bring the kids. its pretty graphic .... one of the better movies ive seen in a while though for sure

WannabeSS 03-08-2009 02:47 PM

Parents went and saw Watchmen and said it was pretty good.

Met Sportbiketed today and installed springs on blk06xs G. Went pretty smoothly

SmoothZ 03-08-2009 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by blueVQ (Post 7047249)
ya dave, go see it... but dont bring the kids. its pretty graphic .... one of the better movies ive seen in a while though for sure

Definitely will have to see it soon. I want to see it at the Imax.

Originally Posted by WannabeSS (Post 7047687)
Met Sportbiketed today and installed springs on blk06xs G. Went pretty smoothly

I forgot about that today. Glad to hear it went well.