MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   North East (https://my350z.com/forum/north-east-32/)
-   -   Who here is from Connecticut? (https://my350z.com/forum/north-east/13291-who-here-is-from-connecticut.html)

vicmar90 12-08-2002 08:49 AM

Who here is from Connecticut?

I know you're out there. Some of us met at the Bob Sharp show and I've seen a few more Z's out there. Let's get to know each other and, hopefully, when the weather gets better we could plan a Connecticut meet.

I know you're out there Andrew (rouxeny). Maybe you can kick this off.
Victor

rouxeny 12-08-2002 02:20 PM

Well, there's me, Leon (CS Touring), Tom from North Branford who just bought a CS Performance (if I remember correctly), Jimmy who bought a Z from Executive also.

Leon, if you see this, I think I passed you while you were on the way to the Jet's game. Well, assuming that you went. You were headed south on Whitney, in the right lane, just in front of Eli's and the fire station. I was headed the other way, distracted by what I thought was an Integra Type-R and by the time I saw another Z and made a turn, it was gone. For some reason, I thought it might be you and that you were about to head down the Merritt.

Victor, I couldn't hold back from driving the Z this weekend. It did well, I lost traction once or twice going around turns, but the TCS did it's job. Too bad the car looks like crap now.

vicmar90 12-08-2002 02:29 PM

I took mine out today but only to wash it. No snow out though. I am afraid to drive this car in snow.

Hopefully we'll get some responses from people in Connecticut. It'd be nice to do a meet in the Spring.
Victor

bluedevil 12-08-2002 06:11 PM

Im from CT. Right now my car is garged in Naugatuck. I live in Nj cause im in the Air Force, but my home is naugatuck.

vicmar90 12-09-2002 04:15 AM

bluedevil, thanks for responding. I'm actually originally from New Jersey but now live in Middletown. My car is in the garage now also. Hopefully, the winter will go by fast.
Victor

JimmysZ 12-09-2002 07:06 AM

Hey guys...

Time is running out and winter is here, although not offically. Hopefully there wont be anymore snow this month so I can get in some more time with the Z before it goes to sleep for the winter. I dont even have 100 miles on it yet!!

Friday I was supposed to take my trip to NY to get my clear bra installed but becuase of the storm the day before I postponed it to mid December. Knew there would be tons of spray and debri on the highways. Wouldnt have been able to get it out of my driveway anyway.

A Connecticut Meet would be cool :cool:

Matt XX 12-09-2002 07:32 AM

I'm from CT :) Jimmy...why the drive to NY for a clear bra...why not stop by here in Wethersfield???

-Matt@XXTuning.com
www.xxtuning.com

vicmar90 12-09-2002 04:10 PM

Jimmy, good luck with your clear bra. Post pics. once you get it done. Keep checking in so that we can plan a meet when the weather gets warmer.
Victor

Matt XX 12-09-2002 04:53 PM

We'll be having a big nissan meet in the spring...food, prizes, and big discounts on parts :)

Let me know when you guys want me to start a list of those on the forum attending...

-Matt

vicmar90 12-09-2002 05:03 PM

Matt, you can count me in now. I do plan on spending money in the Spring. My car now is garaged. My interests are CAI and, possibly, an exhaust system but I am sure something else will popup by then. Are you going to be selling a CAI and, if so, which one? I personally am interested in the INJEN system coming out soon.
Victor

rouxeny 12-09-2002 07:18 PM

I would like to agree. Victor is a man whose money is burning a hole in his pocket.

A meet would be a good thing.

Whenever the weather gets better, we have to have a meet at the beach, maybe Hammonasset or something like that.

JimmysZ 12-10-2002 05:04 AM

Originally posted by vicmar90
Matt, you can count me in now. I do plan on spending money in the Spring. My car now is garaged. My interests are CAI and, possibly, an exhaust system but I am sure something else will popup by then. Are you going to be selling a CAI and, if so, which one? I personally am interested in the INJEN system coming out soon.
Victor

Im trying... but whats CAI?

Sorry... :rolleyes:

Matt XX 12-10-2002 09:13 AM

Originally posted by JimmysZ
Im trying... but whats CAI?

Sorry... :rolleyes:

CAI = Cold Air Induction
Cold Air Intake

I will have those units very soon...right now I have the JWT popcharges on special.

I will start an official list after christmas of the meet...should be good! :)

-Matt

JimmysZ 12-10-2002 11:11 AM

Originally posted by Matt XX
CAI = Cold Air Induction
Cold Air Intake

I will have those units very soon...right now I have the JWT popcharges on special.

I will start an official list after christmas of the meet...should be good! :)

-Matt

What is the difference between the two??? I assume your removing your old airbox and replacing it with just the filter like a K@N setup??

Thanks in advance...

vicmar90 12-10-2002 11:22 AM

Jimmy, if you look in the Forum Search under Injen you will find a thread that was started about this. It will give some performance details as well as pictures.
Victor

Matt XX 12-10-2002 11:25 AM

They are both the same...some people just use different terminology. The replacement k&n filters are just a short ram intake that still takes in warmer air nearest to the engine compartment...the advantage of a CAI is it routes an intake tube down into the fender or wheel well and take in a colder air charge. Colder air temps equate denser air that can provide more hp. In most cases a 5-15whp increase.

Matt@XXTuning.com

Bundy 01-01-2003 04:12 PM

New Owner?

I will hopefully be picking my new z up by this Friday. Redline,enthusiast i can't wait i live in milford ct.

vicmar90 01-02-2003 05:19 AM

Congratulations!

I can't wait until Spring/Summer to get a meet together. I'm looking forward to seeing more colors than the last meet we had in Connecticut (the Bob Sharp Z Car Club show). At that show there were 9 350Z's and only 1 was not silver (it was black).

Good luck with your car.
Victor

Bundy 01-03-2003 02:35 AM

Bob Sharp Car Club

Vicmar90 how do we find out about the car club shows? i would definitely be interested. Please let me know! Take care.

vicmar90 01-03-2003 09:34 AM

Bundy, keep checking in here as shows will be posted as information becomes available. Regarding the Bob Sharp show, that is held yearly in Wilton. Their website has pics.:

www.bobsharpzcarclub.org

We actually had a caravan drive down to the show from Meriden which included 240Z's to 350Z's. There were members from the New England Z club that we met up. That was alot of fun. You may want to look at rouxeny's photo gallery which has pictures of the ride down.

The Bob Sharp show had members of the New Jersey Z Club present as well.

I am looking forward to meets this year which would include New England, New York, and New Jersey Z owners.
Victor