MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   North East (https://my350z.com/forum/north-east-32/)
-   -   August 14th Meet - Palisades Park, NJ - List of attendees (https://my350z.com/forum/north-east/83734-august-14th-meet-palisades-park-nj-list-of-attendees.html)

Billz 07-24-2004 06:09 AM

Grill Suggestion

Hey guys. Just got my Z last week and been browsing this forum for a few months. I am still on the fence regarding this meet, depends on work schedule.

As for the grill suggestion, how about for 5 or 6 of the names that are guraranteed to show up, to chip in money instead of bringing food.

For example, 5 heads at 10 bucks per person (or 6 heads at 8 bucks each) can buy a decent grill. Here's a link for an idea.

http://www.weberstuff.com/websmokjoego.html

As to whomever keeps it afterwards, it's up to those people that chipped in or simply raffle it off to the best Z or G in the meet.

Oh well, just my 2 cents.

Bill

Balzac72 07-24-2004 07:21 AM

We had discussed a 50/50 raffle, with the proceeds to go towards BBQ expenses as well as the $10 cover for food, so this would actually take care of that issue. However, we also felt that people were more likely to not feel like we were taking advantage of them by sticking to the "food donation" type thing. The $10/head thing isn't a great idea, because then certain people get stuck making the food while everyone else just shows up and eats and goes home. We're all trying to have fun, so the $10 cover might ruin that.

Now, it'd be real nice to have people bring their own grills, but if some people would rather contribute towards buying G/Z meet grills, we can do that as well. In case you don't understand how a 50/50 works, basically, people all put in for raffle tickets, say at $5 each. If the total amount is $100, then $50 of that is kept for costs and the other $50 is given to the winner. This can actually take care of most major expenses for future meets. That can include grills, gas, coals, lighter fluid, etc.

Does this appeal to anyone? I mean, someone will go home a little richer!:icon4:

vics350 07-24-2004 10:04 AM

Originally posted by Balzac72
Hey guys, I also wanted to introduce myself. I'm also one of the people behind the scenes working on this and future G35/350Z meets. We've had a great bunch of meets in the past, but mostly due to the efforts of our resident Chef K and the contributions to the food stash.

Most, if not all of the food is usually consumed and with a group of people THIS BIG, I'm guessing that if a couple of people didn't contribute, we'd have a serious food problem, which would not be fun to deal with on August 14th.

All that's necessary, for a good meet is to spend less than $5/person for some stuff.

We can definitely use burgers, meats, drinks, coolers of ice, extra utensils, plates, cups, etc. BUT, we need to know what you're bringing. If we have 5 guys showing up with cups, we'll have lost the opportunity for 4 guys to have brought something useful. That's why we need good communication with the members to ensure we have everything we need and not extra of things we don't.

Lastly, WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF BBQ GRILLS!!!!!! We have 3 committed for this meet, but to give you an idea of what's happened in the past.....we had 2 grills last time with roughly 25 people. Our Chef K was stuck in front of those two small grills for hours to make enough food for everyone to eat. If we're stuck with only 3 grills with this massive of a group, most likely, we won't have enough time in the day to grill up everyone's food!

So, with that all said, we're all looking forward to an incredible meet and a bit of sibling rivalry to take place during the drive! We've got a couple of guys with great mods and we can't wait to see what shows up from the Z side of things

Thanks,
Greg AKA Balzac72

PS. You can PM me, Vic or Vance with any questions, concerns or food issues.

http://g35driver.com/rides/spec/pix/...1085455397.jpg

Greg, these are some great points. Hopefully every Z person that wants to come will read this and respond.

I am going to be looking into a disposable grill to bring but I don't know how good those are. Also, are they going to be rotation assignments to help out with the grill? I am willing to put in an hour to give someone a break. It would be a shame for someone to be stuck behind a grill all day and not be able to join in the fun with the group and checking out all the cars.

vics350 07-24-2004 10:05 AM

Re: Grill Suggestion

Originally posted by Billz
Hey guys. Just got my Z last week and been browsing this forum for a few months. I am still on the fence regarding this meet, depends on work schedule.

As for the grill suggestion, how about for 5 or 6 of the names that are guraranteed to show up, to chip in money instead of bringing food.

For example, 5 heads at 10 bucks per person (or 6 heads at 8 bucks each) can buy a decent grill. Here's a link for an idea.

http://www.weberstuff.com/websmokjoego.html

As to whomever keeps it afterwards, it's up to those people that chipped in or simply raffle it off to the best Z or G in the meet.

Oh well, just my 2 cents.

Bill

Welcome aboard. Hope you'll be able to join us.

vics350 07-24-2004 10:12 AM

Originally posted by Balzac72
We had discussed a 50/50 raffle, with the proceeds to go towards BBQ expenses as well as the $10 cover for food, so this would actually take care of that issue. However, we also felt that people were more likely to not feel like we were taking advantage of them by sticking to the "food donation" type thing. The $10/head thing isn't a great idea, because then certain people get stuck making the food while everyone else just shows up and eats and goes home. We're all trying to have fun, so the $10 cover might ruin that.

Now, it'd be real nice to have people bring their own grills, but if some people would rather contribute towards buying G/Z meet grills, we can do that as well. In case you don't understand how a 50/50 works, basically, people all put in for raffle tickets, say at $5 each. If the total amount is $100, then $50 of that is kept for costs and the other $50 is given to the winner. This can actually take care of most major expenses for future meets. That can include grills, gas, coals, lighter fluid, etc.

Does this appeal to anyone? I mean, someone will go home a little richer!:icon4:

As much as I'd to believe that everyone will bring enough food, it's hard to know that for sure. I think a 50/50 raffle is a great idea if you spend extra money on stuff as this will help defray your cost plus, as you said, it gives an opportunity for someone to walk away with a nice prize.

Let me know what I could do to help.

vics350 07-24-2004 10:15 AM

Originally posted by SirMikel1
Hey Vic,

I can bring drinks and chips for the picnic. Also please add Slay2K on for ATX. Thanks.

Thanks Mike. Would appreciate your checking with him and letting us know what he can bring.

vics350 07-24-2004 10:16 AM

Update List:

IMPORTANT! - I need to know what each of you is contributing to this meet. Please PM me or NYCG35 or post here. Thanks.

List of attendees / Food assignment

1. LBSOHK
2. JonsilvZ
3. y0shi
4. Jetpilot718
5. Dblue
6. j's350z
7. Happyending
8. krutoydude
9. MRC Motorsports
10. 350Zrunnin12s
11. NJDAN - hot dogs, chips
12. vics350 - Chips, hot dog buns, sodas
13. jeff - napkins, utensils
14. whitetrack - cups, plates
15. SirMikel1 - drinks, chips
16. Slay2k
17. ATX Motorsports
18. ATX Motorsports
19. ATX Motorsports
20. herbrock17 (maybe)
21. SixRB6
22. SixRB6 friend (G35)
23. 350Zzzz
24. Billz (maybe)

NYC G35 07-24-2004 12:46 PM

Details

I agree with the raffle, Greg I believe you are the goto man on that one, and i think the purchase should be a grill...and anyone second me on that one?

Vic thanks for updating the list...and thanks to the people that have answered the food assignment....KEY WORD "ASSIGNMENT"

So those that have not responded...please do so...

Vic if you would not mind ...please PM the people on the list and ask what they would like to bring....What we have so far AINT GONNA COVER THE ADDED 20 Z's.....

Also if anyone has anything (car related) that they would like to sell please PM me..with item and askin price...we will have a announcement of sale items through out the day

3 weeks left....Vic I'll put you down as "Rotating Chef"....thanks...
Also please check G35DRIVER.COM for FULL attendees list and details...in Northeast Forum

j's350z 07-24-2004 08:47 PM

Originally posted by krutoydude
Vic add me in "Krutoydude represents MRC Motorsports"
I am sure J will be happy seeing a Z with the hole in the trunk representing his shop.

But that hole in your trunk was before you started using MRC Motorsports!!! I believe that is the reason you don't work on anything yourself anymore!!! Who painted your bumper:D haha.. See ya there... Don' forget about this Weds at Stewarts by my shop, we are having another meet w Dubs magazine at Shaqs escalade....

Jason

Vic- I will let you know what I am bringin... Thanks,

NYC G35 07-25-2004 10:31 AM

Jason and other Z's, please inform Vic of what you are bringin so he can update or please just post it when you post your attendence it would be greatly appreciated...and work out much faster......Thanks!

FOR DETAILS CLICK--->PALISADES PARK MEET AUGUST 14

IMPORTANT! - I need to know what each of you is contributing to this meet. Please PM me or NYCG35 or post here. Thanks.

List of attendees / Food assignment

1. LBSOHK
2. JonsilvZ
3. y0shi
4. Jetpilot718
5. Dblue
6. j's350z
7. Happyending
8. krutoydude
9. MRC Motorsports
10. 350Zrunnin12s
11. NJDAN - hot dogs, chips
12. vics350 - Chips, hot dog buns, sodas
13. jeff - napkins, utensils
14. whitetrack - cups, plates
15. SirMikel1
16. ATX Motorsports
17. ATX Motorsports
18. ATX Motorsports
19. ATX Motorsports
20. herbrock17 (maybe)
21. SixRB6
22. SixRB6 friend (G35)
23. 350Zzzz
24. J's350z

shifts 07-25-2004 12:14 PM

Vic, you responded to one of my posts earlier on. How far is Palisades Park from CT? Are you driving to NJ with a caravan of other z's? And, since I just got my car and it's stock (!), would it be silly for me to even go??!!! Also, where do you all drive around these parts....whenever I am out cruisin' I don't ever see any z's!!!

Balzac72 07-25-2004 12:27 PM

The Palisades Park is in North Jersey, basically across from Yonkers according to the map.

Mapquest yourself to it using Alpine, New Jersey 07620

Map Quest Map
Palisades Interstate Park

350Zzzz 07-25-2004 03:21 PM

Originally posted by shifts
[size=1.5]Vic, you responded to one of my posts earlier on. How far is Palisades Park from CT? Are you driving to NJ with a caravan of other z's?[/size] And, since I just got my car and it's stock (!), would it be silly for me to even go??!!! [size=1.5]Also, where do you all drive around these parts....whenever I am out cruisin' I don't ever see any z's!!![/size]
On the contrary; the fact that your Zee is still untouched; you have more reason to attend these meets. These annual meets will give you first hand exposure to what's available out there for modifying your toy, real life visuals; if it is really worth all the media hype; the best place to get it from; the best price; ya-da, ya-da; and best of all the hands-on experience of others.

Meeting new people and the opportunity for good friends were/are my most precious finds.

Congrats on your fine choice; of selecting the world's best-selling sports car since 1969; your new Zee ;) come join the club

G

vics350 07-25-2004 03:35 PM

Originally posted by shifts
Vic, you responded to one of my posts earlier on. How far is Palisades Park from CT? Are you driving to NJ with a caravan of other z's? And, since I just got my car and it's stock (!), would it be silly for me to even go??!!! Also, where do you all drive around these parts....whenever I am out cruisin' I don't ever see any z's!!!
Palisades Park is just past the George Washington Bridge.

There is a member (whitetrack) coming with his wife and they live near you as I normally meet up with them by Buckland Mall when we go to meets up north. You may want to PM him (his name is Greg) if you want to meet him somewhere in Manchester and ride down together to meet a few of us in Cromwell.

The plan for us is to meet up at the Mobil in Cromwell (Exit 21 on I-91) at 9:00 AM and then we will drive down to Stamford and meet up with another group.

Regarding your car, Gerald (350Zzzz) is correct. My car was stock for the first meet I ever went to and I picked up some ideas along the way from that. That doesn't mean you have to do the same as the car is great as is in stock form. There will be many cars there in stock and there is nothing to be ashamed about that.

Come join us as the caravan rides are great fun!

islanderstyl 07-25-2004 04:45 PM

Who else is coming?

vics350 07-25-2004 04:47 PM

Originally posted by islanderstyl
Who else is coming?
Besides the list of 350Z members, there are over 35 G35's coming as well.

We still have 3 weeks to go so I'm sure the list will continue to grow.

shifts 07-25-2004 06:15 PM

Originally posted by vics350
Palisades Park is just past the George Washington Bridge.

There is a member (whitetrack) coming with his wife and they live near you as I normally meet up with them by Buckland Mall when we go to meets up north. You may want to PM him (his name is Greg) if you want to meet him somewhere in Manchester and ride down together to meet a few of us in Cromwell.

The plan for us is to meet up at the Mobil in Cromwell (Exit 21 on I-91) at 9:00 AM and then we will drive down to Stamford and meet up with another group.

Regarding your car, Gerald (350Zzzz) is correct. My car was stock for the first meet I ever went to and I picked up some ideas along the way from that. That doesn't mean you have to do the same as the car is great as is in stock form. There will be many cars there in stock and there is nothing to be ashamed about that.

Come join us as the caravan rides are great fun!

Thanks, Vic and Gerald....I will do my best to be at the meet. I will try to pm your friend in the area I live to see if we can drive down together to you in Cromwell. I look forward to meeting you all at some point! I will let you know for sure if I can make it, and if I do, what I can bring with me.
Thanks again for your replies....

*Stacey*

MRCgirl 07-25-2004 06:21 PM

Hi Vic,

Just want to let you know that Jay and I will bring dessert (brownies, cookies, etc.) if you need anything else more towards the date, just let us know.

Thanks~
Taralynn ;)
MRC

j's350z 07-25-2004 06:23 PM

Vic,
Also are you planning any raffles? If so, MRC can make some donations such as a few grounding kits or shift knobs again if you would like... Let me know...

Jason
MRC Motorsports

Balzac72 07-25-2004 10:11 PM

J's350Z, yes there will be raffles again. Donations from sponsors are greatly appreciated. Last time we had everyone aware of who our sponsors were, due to the overwhelming plastering of sponsor advertisements on everyone's windows and windshield. We're still trying to determine who vandalized Vance's car with the inordinate amount of advertisements.:D

MRCGirl, all I gotta say is that I've set the bar very high with my brownies. Your brownies would have to really kick *** to beat mine! I propose a blind taste test if you're game?:cool: