Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Four Dead in San Jose Z Crash?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 12:53 PM
ryans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As much as I'd like to harp on the driver, we all make mistakes and we usually get the chance to learn from it. Unfortunately he didn't get that chance and ended up killing people too. It pisses me off but accidents happen. Even to the best of us!

That's why I always encourage kids to take a track day or even sign up for one autocross just so they can see how easy it is to spin out their cars.

It's that adrenaline that gets you going, the fast pumpin music which makes you step on the gas even further. I've been in the same situation and got lucky that after doing a full 270 degree spin out in a major intersection going 60+mph into the turn that no one was around and my car came within inches of any damage. You could hear my tires screeching for about 20 seconds. Ever neighbor living within the block instantly ran outside to see what happened.

I've seen people die because they were trapped in their cars and we couldn't get them out and the fire was engulfing their car too quickly. The loud screams come to a halt and that's when you drop to your knees and just want to puke.

I had three buddies pass away from blowing a tire and hitting those stupid shrubs that divide the highway killing them all because they weren't wearing their seat belts. Three young teens at once... May they all rest in peace.

It's easy to put the blame on one person, but next time if you know someone that doesn't wear their seat belts, ask them to from now. If they ask why, say you care about them. If you know someone that drives crazy ask them to take an autocross challenge and see how good they really are. You can make a difference.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Azrael Z06

Originally Posted by ryans
As much as I'd like to harp on the driver, we all make mistakes and we usually get the chance to learn from it. Unfortunately he didn't get that chance and ended up killing people too. It pisses me off but accidents happen. Even to the best of us!

If you know someone that drives crazy ask them to take an autocross challenge and see how good they really are. You can make a difference.
I clipped your post for brevity, but did want to thank you for a great post that IMVHO hits right on the ten-ring.

Autocross and even road racing events will help teach the limitations of car and driver!
Old 07-27-2007, 02:53 PM
chriskabobbers

Originally Posted by ryans

That's why I always encourage kids to take a track day or even sign up for one autocross just so they can see how easy it is to spin out their cars.

It's that adrenaline that gets you going, the fast pumpin music which makes you step on the gas even further. I've been in the same situation and got lucky that after doing a full 270 degree spin out in a major intersection going 60+mph into the turn that no one was around and my car came within inches of any damage. You could hear my tires screeching for about 20 seconds. Ever neighbor living within the block instantly ran outside to see what happened.

I've seen people die because they were trapped in their cars and we couldn't get them out and the fire was engulfing their car too quickly. The loud screams come to a halt and that's when you drop to your knees and just want to puke.

I had three buddies pass away from blowing a tire and hitting those stupid shrubs that divide the highway killing them all because they weren't wearing their seat belts. Three young teens at once... May they all rest in peace.

It's easy to put the blame on one person, but next time if you know someone that doesn't wear their seat belts, ask them to from now. If they ask why, say you care about them. If you know someone that drives crazy ask them to take an autocross challenge and see how good they really are. You can make a difference.
I know what you mean, I always yell at my girlfriend about wearing her seat belt in my car and she always says she doesnt want to because it isn't comfortable and that whenever she's in the car with her brother, both of them never wear their seat belts, and I just respond with, "I won't start the car til you do it", and then she gets pissed the whole ride, but it's like ... I would'nt say it if I didn't care and I dont want her to go flying through the windshield if something goes wrong, regardless if it's my fault or not yannoe. And I always rag on her brother about wearing his seatbelt, and lately he's been doing it.

so everyone, drive safe, put on your seat belts, and keep an opened eye on the road.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
nofeardude87

Originally Posted by chriskabobbers
I know what you mean, I always yell at my girlfriend about wearing her seat belt in my car and she always says she doesnt want to because it isn't comfortable and that whenever she's in the car with her brother, both of them never wear their seat belts, and I just respond with, "I won't start the car til you do it", and then she gets pissed the whole ride, but it's like ... I would'nt say it if I didn't care and I dont want her to go flying through the windshield if something goes wrong, regardless if it's my fault or not yannoe. And I always rag on her brother about wearing his seatbelt, and lately he's been doing it.

so everyone, drive safe, put on your seat belts, and keep an opened eye on the road.
maybe cause your freakin 5 point harnesses take forever to put on
Old 07-27-2007, 04:41 PM
archspeed

The seat belt thing really ticks me off, to tell you the truth. To me, wearing seatbelt is second nature. When I don't wear it I feel like I'm driving around naked! Whenever people ride in my car and don't want to put seatbelts on, it pisses the hell out of me. Accidents happen, sure, but you at least want to be prepared as much as possible for everything.

One time a girl I dated didn't want to put on her seat belts...bla bla...I told her to buckle up, she wouldn't do it. I drove out of her driveway, roll up to the stop sign and braked HARD.

She got the point then. And yes, I never saw her after that either, oh well....

I mean, even if I'm just moving my car out of the driveway to park on the curb I'd put my seatbelt on...because you NEVER KNOW....
Old 07-27-2007, 05:00 PM
chriskabobbers

Originally Posted by nofeardude87
maybe cause your freakin 5 point harnesses take forever to put on
lol she won't even put on the regular seat belts!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:01 PM
chriskabobbers

Originally Posted by archspeed
The seat belt thing really ticks me off, to tell you the truth. To me, wearing seatbelt is second nature. When I don't wear it I feel like I'm driving around naked! Whenever people ride in my car and don't want to put seatbelts on, it pisses the hell out of me. Accidents happen, sure, but you at least want to be prepared as much as possible for everything.

One time a girl I dated didn't want to put on her seat belts...bla bla...I told her to buckle up, she wouldn't do it. I drove out of her driveway, roll up to the stop sign and braked HARD.

She got the point then. And yes, I never saw her after that either, oh well....

I mean, even if I'm just moving my car out of the driveway to park on the curb I'd put my seatbelt on...because you NEVER KNOW....
those damn school buses come out of no where
Old 07-29-2007, 12:11 AM
burner799

I logged on to state my opinion. That's what forums are for, it's not trolling. I am not harrassing members or putting anyone down. I lost my friend and see people posting who haven't the slightest idea where or how this happened so naturally, it pisses me off. I respect most tuners and like 350z's, the snail comment is out of line......is it necessary to bring it back to what kind of car I drive? grow up man! We all like our cars for the same reasons and It is just difficult to accept that a great guy like erik would be responsible for something like this.
I always told him to be careful since he went from a ****ty geo metro to the 350. He was an extremely smart kid and obviously made a bad judgement call that day. Instead of harping on him, take a step back and realize that this could happen to any of us. You're messing around, having fun maybe when you shouldn't be and then something comes along and changes your life permanently.
Blaming the driver is easy, accepting that many of us push our cars sometimes and recognizing that perhaps we should take it easier, is harder. Anyways, I hope I don't hear a story like this for a long time. everyone drive safe!
Old 07-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Darkest

I'm a friend of the passenger that died, Max Harding. His funeral is going to be this Tuesday at 6 at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on Camden Avenue. San Jose, CA, 95120.
RIP Max

Erik's funeral is going to be this monday, i'm not sure exactly where it's going to be held. I'll ask around and get back to you guys.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:38 AM
chriskabobbers

Originally Posted by Darkest
I'm a friend of the passenger that died, Max Harding. His funeral is going to be this Tuesday at 6 at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on Camden Avenue. San Jose, CA, 95120.
RIP Max

Erik's funeral is going to be this monday, i'm not sure exactly where it's going to be held. I'll ask around and get back to you guys.

Might I ask why both Max and Erik are not going to have their funerals on the same day? Or is it the family's preferences?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:49 AM
burner799

erik's is this monday at 7 o clock at the church on the hill
Old 07-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Darkest

Originally Posted by chriskabobbers
Might I ask why both Max and Erik are not going to have their funerals on the same day? Or is it the family's preferences?
To answer your question chris, i'm not excatly sure why they aren't having the funeral on the same day. All I know is that Max is having his on tuesday and Erik's is on monday
Old 07-29-2007, 12:40 PM
burner799

darkest, are you the guy from leland who got his car not too long ago? friends with louis from the football team? Black automatic 350z right.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Playboy's Z

hey sorry about what happenend dale. id also like to apoligize for everyone smashing on the two of them, i wanted to come to the funeral to pay my respects but i have work all week.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:59 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Yeah - We'll have to be extra careful driving our beatiful cars if we want to make it home to our families in the BA. I just saw this new article and thought OMG it's getting really bad around here:

Troy Edwin Johnson had dropped his girlfriend off at work and was driving home about 7:30 a.m. Thursday when his car was hit by a Toyota Camry that witnesses said was traveling down the freeway at more than 100 mph, weaving in and out of lanes and using the shoulder to pass cars.

Johnson's Honda Accord spun around and burst into flames just past the Race Street on-ramp. Emergency crews declared him dead on the scene. The 68-year-old Redwood City man driving the Camry was injured, along with the driver of a third vehicle that officers said was also hit by the Camry.

I mean, look, the driver was 68 years old going over 100mph. WTF ????

I have to pray on this .... RIP.... I'm so sad right now....

Last edited by Z_Driver; 07-30-2007 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:45 AM
chriskabobbers

Originally Posted by Z_Driver
Yeah - We'll have to be extra careful driving our beatiful cars if we want to make it home to our families in the BA. I just saw this new article and thought OMG it's getting really bad around here:

Troy Edwin Johnson had dropped his girlfriend off at work and was driving home about 7:30 a.m. Thursday when his car was hit by a Toyota Camry that witnesses said was traveling down the freeway at more than 100 mph, weaving in and out of lanes and using the shoulder to pass cars.

Johnson's Honda Accord spun around and burst into flames just past the Race Street on-ramp. Emergency crews declared him dead on the scene. The 68-year-old Redwood City man driving the Camry was injured, along with the driver of a third vehicle that officers said was also hit by the Camry.

I mean, look, the driver was 68 years old going over 100mph. WTF ????

I have to pray on this .... RIP.... I'm so sad right now....
not trying to make it sound like only younger groups drive fast ... but what was a 68 year old man doing driving 100+ mph in a camry? ...

speeding (excessively) is one of the most wreckless things you could do, and why do most people do it? just to get somewhere faster? the reason why I hardly EVER speed, (and when I speed it's really only no more than 5-10 over), is because ... the time I could have saved by getting somewhere quicker by speeding, is time I could have used up in not getting into an accident and hurting others and myself. I would very much rather cruise control under 70 and get somewhere 5 minutes later, than drive 100+ and get somewhere 5 minutes faster.

Last edited by chriskabobbers; 07-30-2007 at 02:47 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:27 AM
Z_Driver
Master

I agree ... I just don't get it. Fast is only for the track. I might make a good argument for the mountain road run.... but, that is only, if no one is anywhere around.