Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Four Dead in San Jose Z Crash?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:01 PM
guru_ck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four Dead in San Jose Z Crash?

http://www.ktvu.com/news/13741610/detail.html

Two in the car and two pedestrians dead.

Just saw it on the news... they said it was a "Nissan sports car that was speeding".

Sad
Old 07-23-2007, 10:03 PM
0TRACK5

Crazy I was bout to post the same thread. Its confirmed that its a Z.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:33 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

RIP

Unfortunately...this is yet another reminder to everyone to drive safely.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:43 PM
K9Zdriver

I have seen so many car accidents and the worst ones were involved with speed racers. Drunk drivers are still the number one...
Old 07-23-2007, 11:04 PM
chriskabobbers

wow that's crazy, it doesn't say it was a nissan sports car in the article, but probably on the news they said it. that's tragic, i don't even know where that area is. nonetheless, tragic.

rip
Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
0TRACK5

I think its near the Almaden area. CBS said its possible that its high school students.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:21 PM
junl350z

I was gonna start a thread too..
Anyways, Channel 2 said that it was a Nissan sports car.. SFgate article says its a Nissan sedan...
RIP...

Expect more crackdowns....
Old 07-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Darkest

It was in fact a 350z. It was nearly a mile away from my house. I just got back from the scene. I drove my Z up there and tried talking to the cops about it but they turned me away. I've heard it was Max Harding who graduated from Leland High, nearly a mile away. I go to Leland and know him, it's a very sad thing to happen. May he rest in peace.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

It's the area East of Alamaden Expwy parallel to Camden Ave.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:31 PM
Darkest

It's right on a road called "Via Santa Teresa". It's right off of Harry Road and where Almaden Expressway meet. I went to school with him, he was a good guy. Really sad to see him go.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:41 PM
chriskabobbers

I wonder what happened, driving recklessly or if it was an unavoidable accident ...
Old 07-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Darkest

Four die as car hits pedestrians, tree By Sandra Gonzales
Mercury News
Article Launched: 07/23/2007 11:15:04 PM PDT

Four people were killed Monday night after a Nissan 350Z crashed into two pedestrians and slammed into an oak tree on a two-lane country road in Almaden Valley.

At the crash site, the mangled car rested amid a grove of trees in front of a Graystone Lane house near Vista Del Roble Place. Inside, were two young men, dead. Several feet away, on either side of the car, lay two bodies - a man and a woman - covered with tarps. None of their identities were released.

But several Leland High School students sat on a nearby curb, wondering whether it might be someone they knew. One family arrived sobbing and later were shielded by police and led into a nearby car.

Just before 8:30 p.m., the grey sports car was westbound on Graystone Lane when it apparently lost control on the wrong side of the road. As it crossed back to the right side, it slammed into the pedestrians, who were on the northern edge of the lane, said California Highway Patrol Sgt. Rick Campell.

Campbell said he did not know what direction the pedestrians were walking or jogging. "They could have easily have had their backs to the car," he said. But their bodies apparently went flying into the shrubbery of trees.

The car, meanwhile, collided into an oak tree, exploded, and rotated and landed in the trees in front of the house.

Campbell said the speed limit on the two-lane road was 25 mph, but said the car likely was traveling faster. There was no sign of alcohol at the scene.

Two hours after the crash, the wreckage was still visible as the car's bumper, a tire and other scraps lay strewn amid the grove of trees, strung with police tape. Skid marks several hundred feet away could be seen in the dimly lit street, lined by fire trucks, and a squadron of police cars.

There were no witnesses to the crash. But one neighbor, Rosemary Self came outside after her husband heard a thump and stumbled onto the wreckage.

"It was a horrific scene, one person trapped in the car was still alive," she said.

Self said drivers often speed in the upscale neighborhood. "It's a constant problem," she said, "speeding is going on a regular basis here. And this is a tragic example of it."
Old 07-24-2007, 12:00 AM
chriskabobbers

the woman said that "one person trapped in the car was still alive."

so they died shortly after? because just earlier the article said both were dead...
Old 07-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Elohite

sorry to hear this
Old 07-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Darkest

One of the two boys in the car was still alive when she came to come help him. He was stuck in the car slowly dying. The ambulance took too long and he died at the scene. I was a few hundred feet from the crash trying to get in but I couldn't. I heard this all from my friend who talked to his mother.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:24 AM
NGZ

Originally Posted by junl350z
I was gonna start a thread too..
Anyways, Channel 2 said that it was a Nissan sports car.. SFgate article says its a Nissan sedan...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&sn=007&sc=685

(07-23) 21:47 PDT -- Four people were killed in unincorporated San Jose tonight when their car slammed into a tree, the Highway Patrol said.

The crash occurred at 8:23 p.m. at Graystone Lane near Del Roble Place, a Highway Patrol dispatcher said.

The cause of the crash and identities of the victims were not immediately known.

The victims were believed to be teenagers or young adults, according to a nearby resident, Wes Chan, who heard what he said was a "very loud crash'' as he was preparing to have dinner. He rushed over to see if he could help.

According to Chan, the car was a late model sedan and it appeared that the vehicle lost control before striking a pepper tree and then a redwood tree. One victim was a young man, another was a young woman, he said. He did not see the other two victims.

"The driver's side was really smashed in, the front wheel was 20 yards in one direction and the fender was 20 yards in another direction,'' he said.

Chan said there is a sharp bend in the road near where the crash occurred.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:49 AM
archspeed

Damn and I thought accidents only happen where all the Asians congregate ie Evergreen/Tully area

Oh well man....life's a b*tch! Drive safe you guys...

Back to sleep for me...
Old 07-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Playboy's Z

this is right near my house like 30 seconds away, ive heard of the driver but dont know the guy by name. darkest do i know you i went to leland to? rip to the driver and the people who passed.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:50 AM
MikeNT256

350z, Late Model Sedan...someone didn't know their cars, or possibly the car didn't look too familar after the wreck.

Either way, that's a terrible thing. Drive safe guys, and don't ever try to impress your friends by being foolish..
Old 07-24-2007, 07:04 AM
jvega

I feel sorry for the families of the pedestrians. May all RIP.

Quick Reply: Four Dead in San Jose Z Crash?