Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

SF bay area 350Z owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 11:46 AM
VentoGixxer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SF bay area 350Z owners

Hi newbie to the 350Z boards here.

So the question I got for you bay area folks is where, and how much are you guys paying for your 350Z's and what options did you get? I am in the market for one since my car is getting to be a beater, and im turning my bike into a strictly track machine.

Any help would be awesome, since I dont really feel like getting raped in the stealership.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2003, 12:53 PM
bixby

Well I got mine at Concord Nissan. They had it tagged at 5k over MSRP. I walked up to the salesman, & offered 1k under MSRP & they accepted it! I got the Brickyard Touing with Aero package, 6MT, (Bose of course), floor mats, cargo mat, door panel inserts, car cover & bra (no Nav ) for 33,495. They didn't know s**t about the car though & then they tried to rake me on the interest rate (I happen to work for a bank). If you have a credit score of at or above 750 you should be able to get a rate at or just below 5%.

I went to lots of dealers before finding my brickyard & they all said the same thing, "we'll have to order it". Fairfield Nissan claimed they could locate & offered it at 500 under msrp the week before but I really don't care for that dealership so I declined to take them up on the offer.

Good luck in you hunt!
Old 06-20-2003, 01:11 PM
"Z"

Daytona Blue/black cloth. l got the base coupe.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:15 PM
VentoGixxer

Originally posted by "Z"
Daytona Blue/black cloth. l got the base coupe.
But for how much and where?
Old 06-20-2003, 01:40 PM
calizman

Talk to Dave S. at North Bay Nissan in Petaluma...a little drive, but far worth it...do me a favor, tell him Ryan sent you in.

I got a silver performance with the aero package, side curtain airbags, kick plates, etc for invoice! $29.8! Add tax, etc, and I was out the door for the same amount that I could get an Enthusiast for in the South bay.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:48 PM
VentoGixxer

Originally posted by calizman
Talk to Dave S. at North Bay Nissan in Petaluma...a little drive, but far worth it...do me a favor, tell him Ryan sent you in.

I got a silver performance with the aero package, side curtain airbags, kick plates, etc for invoice! $29.8! Add tax, etc, and I was out the door for the same amount that I could get an Enthusiast for in the South bay.
Thats awesome.... So did you get that price cus you know him? Or is he just a stand up guy?
Old 06-20-2003, 01:48 PM
whatever
Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine back in Nov for MSRP. Got it at Redwood City Boardwalk Nissan. I'm hearing mix reviews for that dealer, but the guy that sold me my car, Theron, has been pretty good to me. If you do go there, tell him Dave with the Touring SilverStone send you. They actually have a pretty good selection last time I went over there. (about month and half ago) Almost every color. One note though, I wouldn't recommend Boardwalk's service dept. though (do a search on some of my service related posts). I get mine service at Capitol Nissan with Simon.
Good luck on your purchase!!! & once you get your car, come out to one of our meets/drives!!

btw, are you on Barf? your nick looks familiar.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:58 PM
VentoGixxer

HAHAHAAA... Yah im on BARF also... I like to keep the same screen name, Im actually on alot of other boards too and its sometimes hard to remember the screen names from all the different site. I mostly stay on the BARF site now... and am a total post ***** there. The other boards I just lurk. Like Gixxer.com

whats your SN on BARF???
Old 06-20-2003, 02:08 PM
calizman

Thats awesome.... So did you get that price cus you know him? Or is he just a stand up guy?
Never met him before in my life - got him on the phone, and of all the dealerships I called - and I literally went through dealers from Santa Rosa to Santa Cruz - he was the most honest and just a stand up guy.

Good luck on your purchase!!! & once you get your car, come out to one of our meets/drives!!
When do the Z owner's in the area get together? I'd love to get some fun driveZ in!
Old 06-20-2003, 02:16 PM
whatever
Veteran

Originally posted by VentoGixxer
HAHAHAAA... Yah im on BARF also... I like to keep the same screen name, Im actually on alot of other boards too and its sometimes hard to remember the screen names from all the different site. I mostly stay on the BARF site now... and am a total post ***** there. The other boards I just lurk. Like Gixxer.com

whats your SN on BARF???
yeah, I'm too lazy to come up with new nicks as well, my SN is actually the same on BARF too. I'm more of a lurker there though A lot of good stuff on that site!!

When do the Z owner's in the area get together? I'd love to get some fun driveZ in!
Keep an eye on the regional forum
https://my350z.com/forum/northern-california-26/
There is a few events coming up. Actually one tomorrow. But I usually setup drives/meets on weekends. The next one is probably gonna be a East Bay meet/drive so we can get the Sactown guys too.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:20 PM
VentoGixxer

Now I recognize your SN... and yah you are a lurker there.

You ever come out to any of the BARF meets???
Old 06-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Jorge Cabrone

Default Same Boat

Hey VentoGixxer

I'm in Milpitas and I'm also looking to buy a Z within the next 4 months. Im also curious to how much people are paying for their Zs in the bay area. I went to Magnussan Nissan in Fremont and there was a PPW Touring selling for $40k. That was just ridiculous. Keep me posted on where we can get a deal on the Z in the bay area.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:03 PM
VentoGixxer

Hey Jorge from the looks of things it looks like Dave S. in Petaluma is going to be the guy to go to.

Originally posted by calizman

Old 06-21-2003, 03:36 PM
mgl

ordered mine from BOARDWALK NISSAN in redwood city. my salesman, Russell is really nice and i'm getting it 1000 off msrp. not a great deal as san rafael nissan offered me the same thing. but they were closer so i went with boardwalk. here 's a tip though, do not go to serramonte nissan, they had a $10,000 markup and the salemen are rude as hell. good luck... you can probably get a good deal on an '03 now, that is if they have what you want
Old 06-21-2003, 07:35 PM
whatever
Veteran

Now I recognize your SN... and yah you are a lurker there.

You ever come out to any of the BARF meets???
Nope not yet at least... Been to a couple Doc wong events though. Keep telling myself I'll have to make it out to a Barf meet one of these day..
Old 06-27-2003, 02:06 PM
VentoGixxer

Bump to the top....

Come on now people I know there are more Z owners out there in the bay area. Help me not get ripped off by the dealership.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:17 PM
mgl

GO TO BROADWALK NISSAN AND ASK FOR RUSSELL.
i just got my z on tues. night
he has 2 z's on the lot... think one is a "demo"
but tell him Michelle referred you there
good luck
Old 06-27-2003, 02:20 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Default Ellis Brooks on Van Ness

Bought mine at Ellis Brooks in SF on Van Ness. This was in mid-February when I negotiated a price for a special order (didn't arrive until beginning of May). I was able to negotiate $400 under MSRP, but I always wondered how much lower I could have got if I persisted or played the back-and-forth game better... (I researched pricing for the Bay Area at that time and the AVERAGE price that each SF Bay Area buyer was paying was $1,500 OVER MSRP, so I still got a deal for that time period ).

Do some research on the Internet, you could find many of the answers you are looking for. Here is a link to a reputable automobile reference site, to start:

Edmunds pricing for a 350Z base in the SF Bay Area (near and around 94121):

Edmunds 350Z TMV Pricing as of 6/27/03

Simple refine your search if you are looking for a different trim level. It seems that the average in the Bay Area is at MSRP, but I KNOW that you can get a deal between MSRP and invoice.

Good luck!
Old 06-27-2003, 02:44 PM
VentoGixxer

Hey thanks for the link, but I already been to that site.

I was just curious as to what real world prices are for the area. I refuse to pay above MSRP. I'm a Patient person and can wait a little bit longer to get mine.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Blue350zCali

Back when I got mine in November, I had to pay MSRP on mine, got it at Stevens Creek Nissan. You should be able to get it under MSRP n/p now, I just drove by there and they had a couple in stock. Well good luck getting your car. You might want to wait for the 2004 model, one article said they did some upgrades to the interior and the Liquid Aluminum is a very nice new color (even if it cost $1100 more).

Quick Reply: SF bay area 350Z owners