MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Northern California (https://my350z.com/forum/northern-california-26/)
-   -   Got no front plate ticket while my car is on driveway (https://my350z.com/forum/northern-california/457693-got-no-front-plate-ticket-while-my-car-is-on-driveway.html)

palmboy 09-26-2009 10:52 PM

Got no front plate ticket while my car is on driveway

This afternoon when i walked out, i noticed the ticket on my window. So suprised, cuz my car is on my driveway. Is that legal? The ticket is written by cops, he also wrote my house address on the ticket. Such a shitty day:(

Nexx 09-26-2009 11:13 PM

put the plate back on? :dunno:

metal_gear350 09-26-2009 11:24 PM

It's just a fix it so put it on get signed off and that's it.... Is it legal yes because it is q none moving violation I have seen it happen to cars parked in sf. We all know it's illegal but it looks so good without it.

palmboy 09-27-2009 12:31 AM

it is a pain, cuz Nismo V2. any idea which one is good for this bumper, stillen or zee bracket?

dkwang 09-27-2009 01:02 AM

No wayyy dude that sucks. LA cops..

palmboy 09-27-2009 01:14 AM

hmm, LA is cool, i got 2 there in 2 years, just pay 25 each, that is it. Now i am in SF and that is why i post here, it worth $103 if doesn't fix. I just in bad mood cuz the cop probably parked his car at my house and walked to my driveway giving me ticket. I just feel uncomfortable for this way.

FATPUBUS 09-27-2009 03:13 AM

wow, what's up with Cali?? I just read another thread about the guy with the factory Nismo that's been pulled over several times for his exhaust being too loud...

TreeFiddyZee 09-27-2009 04:50 AM

How on Earth can they give you a non-moving violation in your own driveway? They have no "proof" that the car even drives. :dunno:

Cali-Darkness 09-27-2009 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee (Post 7784417)
How on Earth can they give you a non-moving violation in your own driveway? They have no "proof" that the car even drives. :dunno:

Exactly......

You could take both plates off if you wanted to, you're on private property. I would go straight to the station and ask to speak to the watch commander. Just be polite and if he doesn't budge tell him you aren't happy they are going onto YOUR property unlawfully to give you a ticket that is meant for vehicles on state roads. If he doesn't budge, fight the ticket in court.

I wonder how many more people they have done this to.

You live in SF now, they suck with their no front plate BS. Its time to zip tie one on so you don't get another ticket while on a SF road.

chicagozer 09-27-2009 07:32 AM

I see no reason not to fight this if your car was on your property and not on a public street.

What vehicle code did the ticket say you violated? Maybe SF has some crazy ordinance.

There are a million reasons your front plate was off. Maybe you happened to be detailing your car that day.

Did you park head-in? If not, that's really obnoxious.

Manjot 09-27-2009 10:22 AM

what a fruit..i swear some cops are lame.

showspeed 09-27-2009 10:34 AM

Well..

I parked the car on the street and my car got towed because I didn't have any plates at all. (someone stole it)

Anyway, I heard my alarm go off so I ran outside. Took with me all the paper work that it's my car and informed them I already had an appointmen with the DMV to get it taken care of. No luck, they towed it anyway.

We all know it takes at 2-3 weeks to get a DMV appointment.

JDMautoworks 09-27-2009 10:52 AM

damn, thats some desperation there for some city money.....lol

Project DSR 09-27-2009 11:35 AM

V2 license plate solution - Just make sure you dont install that thing on the bottom of your lip, next thing you know ull probably be picking it up from the road, ive seen it installed on the V2 on the middle split in the grill area below the tow hook

http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/prod...61ff7ea74d1fb0

domsaywha 09-27-2009 11:48 AM

SF does that

SE5spd 09-27-2009 01:15 PM

that sucks, my brother just got a $811 ticket for no front plate. it seems like SF sucks, parking your car in the garage FTW

pHiLDeZnUtZz 09-27-2009 01:50 PM

$811 ticket for no front plate?? unheard of. After reading this thread I had to look for my front plate just in case.

SE5spd 09-27-2009 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by pHiLDeZnUtZz (Post 7785293)
$811 ticket for no front plate?? unheard of. After reading this thread I had to look for my front plate just in case.

haha well it happened
but it happened in west wood(LA county) which is where im guessing the guy lives since his thing says he lives in LA but yeah my car didn't even come with a front plate :dunno: so i don't know what im gonna do when I get pulled over cause Ive already been hassled by CHP with my other car for no front plate, getting 4 different tickets from the same cop at the same time FML!

palmboy 09-27-2009 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness (Post 7784526)
Exactly......

You could take both plates off if you wanted to, you're on private property. I would go straight to the station and ask to speak to the watch commander. Just be polite and if he doesn't budge tell him you aren't happy they are going onto YOUR property unlawfully to give you a ticket that is meant for vehicles on state roads. If he doesn't budge, fight the ticket in court.

I wonder how many more people they have done this to.

You live in SF now, they suck with their no front plate BS. Its time to zip tie one on so you don't get another ticket while on a SF road.

I dont want to waste my time, bro. The cops always have thousands of excuses no matter what attitude to them. Sometimes they even put down the people with tickets. That happened to me. I hate young Asian cops, even though i am Asian, too.

John Bronze 09-27-2009 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by pHiLDeZnUtZz (Post 7785293)

I received a non correctable ticket for $820 for tint and exhaust. Ridiculous! Cali FTL! :(