MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Shop Builds (https://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds-489/)
-   -   Performance Factory: Our tune came with a extra package! (https://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds/330251-performance-factory-our-tune-came-with-a-extra-package.html)

Pete@BC 01-22-2008 10:53 AM

Performance Factory: Our tune came with a extra package!

http://www.bcracing-na.com/package.png

After breaking in the Relentless Autosport motor in our G for the past 1100 miles at 5lb boost (326 rwhp) , it really was needing the final tune. After looking around, Performance Factory was the ideal shop for the job. I ran into Jeremy a few times prior and at the last Z run talked to a few of his past customers. There was no second guessing after those conversations thats were the G was going. These guys have a great rep for their builds and tuning potential.

I must say that Jeremy was extremely helpful with the entire process. We highly recommend Performance Factory for all your G/Z needs!

We hit a few obstacles with a sticky injector and boost solenoid not holding boost. Once those issues were resolved, it was time to shoot for the goal.

Our goal was to be at 600 conservatively timed. Trying to get more power with timing was something we wanted to stay away from. Jeremy understood the goals and was able to meet those numbers conservatively. I'll let him explain in better detail when I link him with the post.

http://www.bcracing-na.com/pfdyno.png

http://www.bcracing-na.com/pump_and_race_overlayed.png

Thanks again to Performance Factory for their diligent work and tuning ability :biggthumpup:

Video added
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCyqnXFoanM

Alberto 01-22-2008 11:04 AM

Awesome power given the boost levels, nice curves. Another job well done by PF. Car looks sick BTW...

craigo'sznprgrs 01-22-2008 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Pete@BC

Oh, I see you are FREE BALLIN :icon18:

Cool, great numbers.

What engine management?

maximumsportZ 01-22-2008 11:07 AM

Great numbers Peter, it was nice meeting you that day. Very nice looking car, it's been a long road for you but looks like all is well.

Motormouth 01-22-2008 11:09 AM

does no one remember which engine this is?? (if I am right about this..) lol

congrats, the car looks sick, can't wait to hear the full story from J@PF.

Pete@BC 01-22-2008 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Alberto
Awesome power given the boost levels, nice curves. Another job well done by PF. Car looks sick BTW...

Thanks Alberto. I'm sure your Z's got some free ballin too lol. Finally got a taste of what you've been feelin behind the wheel.

iStan 01-22-2008 11:11 AM

^^I think it is said motor.

Congrats Pete.

maximumsportZ 01-22-2008 11:12 AM

Didn't this motor cause all sorts of drama?

Pete@BC 01-22-2008 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Great numbers Peter, it was nice meeting you that day. Very nice looking car, it's been a long road for you but looks like all is well.

Hey whats up bro? That Z of yours is another monster. Love what you've done with it.

Motormouth 01-22-2008 11:14 AM

are you afraid of those balls 9while nice) melting to your exhaust pipes when they swing?

I normally see them on a hitch so they are positioned farther out.

but I lol'd (didn't see them at first)!!

Pete@BC 01-22-2008 11:16 AM

Come on fellas, lets not go back to that thread. This is the 2nd stage of documentation for that motor. We had no problems on the breaking or dyno. Time attacks are comin soon. So that will add to more feedback. As of now, I have no complaints. It's met our goals.

iStan 01-22-2008 11:19 AM

How does the trq look?:bowdown:

Pete@BC 01-22-2008 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Motormouth
are you afraid of those balls 9while nice) melting to your exhaust pipes when they swing?

I normally see them on a hitch so they are positioned farther out.

but I lol'd (didn't see them at first)!!

Actually I thought they were all rubber until I went to my local truck performance shop. These are metal. But I only bought them for picture purposes. I thought it would have given a good visual of how the car feels lol.

Motormouth 01-22-2008 11:20 AM

they look rubber, I didn't know they were metal either.

pretty cool. are they coated in a rubber or painted?

DanielW 01-22-2008 11:21 AM

nice.... can't wait

Pete@BC 01-22-2008 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by craigo'sznprgrs
Oh, I see you are FREE BALLIN :icon18:

Cool, great numbers.

What engine management?

We are running all turboxs except the boost solenoid. It was not holding boost levels evenly, so we swapped to the evc. Jeremy was right, it held and locked in boost where it was asked to. :thumbup:

EM-EFER 01-22-2008 11:24 AM

if this motor stays together ... that will really be amazing

Pete@BC 01-22-2008 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Motormouth
they look rubber, I didn't know they were metal either.

pretty cool. are they coated in a rubber or painted?

painted actually.

WA2GOOD 01-22-2008 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
if this motor stays together ... that will really be amazing

Not amazing at all, like I have stated time and time again, this is the kind of motors we build, and this motor will have a wonderfull and long life.....just like ALL our other built motors. I am kinda curious to see what all the doubters think now. First it was "this motor will never see 500+whp" then it was "it might make over 500whp, but never six and not for long".

Well it is half way there, it already well exceeds all the previous nay-sayers expectations thus far.....can't wait to beat the crap out of it (like we do all our motors) this year in a half dozen or so Time Attacks this year.....then I wonder what all the doubters will say. :rolleyes: :D

Thanks Jeremy for the tune on our motor. I knew you were the man for the job on the east coast, and thanks Pete for trusting in us and our work despite others best attempt to mislead you and discredit us. :)

buzzardmountain 01-22-2008 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Not amazing at all, like I have stated time and time again, this is the kind of motors we build, and this motor will have a wonderfull and long life.....just like ALL our other built motors. I am kinda curious to see what all the doubters think now. First it was "this motor will never see 500+whp" then it was "it might make over 500whp, but never six and not for long".

Well it is half way there, it already well exceeds all the previous nay-sayers expectations thus far.....can't wait to beat the crap out of it (like we do all our motors) this year in a half dozen or so Time Attacks this year.....then I wonder what all the doubters will say. :rolleyes: Hahahaha:D

Thanks Jeremy for the tune on our motor. I knew you were the man for the job on the east coast, and thanks Pete for trusting in us and our work despite others best attempt to mislead you and discredit us. :)

Are you no longer a vendor???