Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Vq30det!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 09:16 AM
waldo36

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a response from JGY very quickly, and I've been doing further research on additional components that would be needed going FI. read through the FI sticky on here that was very beneficial on things for being first time FI what I should get, and don't really need.

I replied back a few minutes ago and requested for a preferred time I could call the shop and ask them some more detailed questions, and gain a better idea of estimated pricing. And for some reason last night it hit me that using my VQ35 heads I can reuse my current intake setup (Velocity intake installed about a year now), fuel rails, and VQ35 injectors! I don't know why I was thinking before I couldn't, but this would save a lot of money if JGY could just freshen up the heads then install on VQ30 block.

Hopefully after speaking with JGY I can get a better understanding of expectations. I would really like to this build because it's different, and so I have a better reason to keep Z and not buy a different car.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:02 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Old 09-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Imaking133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waldo36
I got a response from JGY very quickly, and I've been doing further research on additional components that would be needed going FI. read through the FI sticky on here that was very beneficial on things for being first time FI what I should get, and don't really need.

I replied back a few minutes ago and requested for a preferred time I could call the shop and ask them some more detailed questions, and gain a better idea of estimated pricing. And for some reason last night it hit me that using my VQ35 heads I can reuse my current intake setup (Velocity intake installed about a year now), fuel rails, and VQ35 injectors! I don't know why I was thinking before I couldn't, but this would save a lot of money if JGY could just freshen up the heads then install on VQ30 block.

Hopefully after speaking with JGY I can get a better understanding of expectations. I would really like to this build because it's different, and so I have a better reason to keep Z and not buy a different car.
You can use the 3.0 block with the 3.5 heads, timing covers, accessories etc.
Old 06-21-2021, 01:08 AM
Vq30det s14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake

Originally Posted by 350z006
Is that special heat insulating paint/coating on the mainfold/plenum?
what intake manifold are you running I'm having issues with my s14 also how did you get the engine to sit lower can you get away without touching crossmember