Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

accident in parking lot

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 03:15 AM
yead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accident in parking lot

i have a nissan 350z with a rebuilt title. and i got hit by another car . and the driver accept her fault and i wanna know how much i can i get out from the insurance and . the damage is mostly bumper headlights foor front and back fender got scratch and dents and other side fender got a dent by but not too deep but not bad either but the car rides smooth. any idea guys
Old 06-25-2017, 04:05 AM
carbuffguy

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by yead
i have a nissan 350z with a rebuilt title. and i got hit by another car . and the driver accept her fault and i wanna know how much i can i get out from the insurance and . the damage is mostly bumper headlights foor front and back fender got scratch and dents and other side fender got a dent by but not too deep but not bad either but the car rides smooth. any idea guys
Does your insurance know it has a rebuilt title? Coverage is limited with a rebuilt car.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:26 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Epic first post. How in the hell is anyone here supposed to know how much repairs will cost to your car we can't even see? And, even if we could see it, are we supposed to be insurance estimators, and know all the costs for the parts and labor? Sorry your car got tagged, but seriously, have a little common sense. Also, you may find that while the other driver "agreed" to being at fault, I'll bet her story changes when the bill comes due.
The following 2 users liked this post by dcains:
Atreyu'z 350 (06-25-2017), Theminatar (06-29-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 04:28 AM
yead

yes i guess but ican try to trick thema nd say i never said it was rebuilt title
Old 06-25-2017, 04:31 AM
yead

Old 06-25-2017, 04:36 AM
yead

and i just put new rims on it and headlights too

Last edited by yead; 06-25-2017 at 05:40 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:38 AM
yead

and i havent told my insurance yet casue the girl admit her fault .and her insurance is from shelter insurance . soshould i tell my insurance too??
Old 06-25-2017, 04:49 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

i have a nissan 350z with a rebuilt title. and i got hit by another car . and the driver accept her fault and i wanna know how much i can i get out from the insurance and .
yes i guess but ican try to trick thema nd say i never said it was rebuilt title
and i havent told my insurance yet casue the girl admit her fault .and her insurance is from shelter insurance . soshould i tell my insurance too??
Are you trolling here? I mean, seriously???

"Trick your insurance company?" "Should I tell them?"

No, really, this has got to be a troll thread. Who are you, really? Good one, man, but the joke's over... it's all done, c'mon, tell us who you really are. Laff....

Last edited by MicVelo; 06-25-2017 at 05:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Theminatar (06-29-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 05:45 AM
yead

lol i know right. ok however i wanna know can u guys give me how much they will pay for this. and should i tell my insurance casue the girl who did it she already accept her fault .called her insurance and told what happen and her insurance also talk with me and told me its ur decision .if u wanna tell ur insurance .
Old 06-25-2017, 05:46 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

C'mon, man.. YES, you tell your insurance company, regardless of who was at fault.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:51 AM
yead

this is my first claim and i spend a lot to built it back . so worried a little bit. but have my licence over 7 years . so just wanna know badly am i be able to get some extra so that . ican put some new parts on ...lol
Old 06-25-2017, 06:22 AM
carbuffguy

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

this is my first claim and i spend a lot to built it back . so worried a little bit. but have my licence over 7 years . so just wanna know badly am i be able to get some extra so that . ican put some new parts on ...lol
Play by the rules or get burnt...how many guys here have to tell you to tell your insurer ? Why are you so worried if it's not your fault?
If you mislead your insurer, you'll never get coverage again...I'm out
Old 06-25-2017, 06:37 AM
yead

i am not worried about it i will definitely let my agent know by 1st business day .cause they are close now
due to week end
thanks guys for ur suggestion but the main thing i wanna know any idea how much they gonna pay.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:54 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Sorry to say, but you are hosed on a couple of fronts. Let's count the ways:

1) Since this was an accident in a parking lot, there's no police report for insurance to review. Even though the woman accepted responsibility verbally, that's not binding. Her insurance may or may not accept her comments.

2) If her insurance (or yours) decides to pay for damages, they'll likely examine the title and find the rebuilt title. Even though you put a lot of sweat equity into this Z, the adjuster may decide to simply total the car and pay you a severely discounted rate.

3) The problem with any car with a salvage title is maintaining any value after rebuilding it. Rather than thinking about how you can benefit from this accident, it's more likely could end up with a fraction of what you have in it.

4) As Carbuffguy says, if you were less than honest with your insurance company about the status of your car, they'll likely pay off the rebuilt title and cancel any future policy with them. That'll end up pushing you into the substandard insurance market with marked up premiums.

5) How long you've had your license won't mean squat in this accident. It ultimately holds the potential to be a financial disaster and a massive headache for the future. Hope you have a better attitude towards the insurance adjusters than the members of this board, because your casual assumptions don't inspire any sympathy.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:53 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

"ok however i wanna know can u guys give me how much they will pay for this. and should i tell my insurance casue the girl who did it she already accept her fault"

"so just wanna know badly am i be able to get some extra so that . ican put some new parts on"

"i am not worried about it i will definitely let my agent know by 1st business day .cause they are close now
due to week end
thanks guys for ur suggestion but "the main thing i wanna know any idea how much they gonna pay."

Anyone detect a recurring theme regarding the insurance company and their money here?

So, OP, why don't you ask the ONLY people that can tell you this definitively..... THEM!!!!

Oh, and I'd wonder what type of insurance company you have if you can't contact the company itself (not your agent) 24x7. Accidents don't take weekends off...
Old 06-25-2017, 01:04 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

If you didnt get a police report you might have screwed yourself, especially if the girl that hit you had the same level of dishonesty.

An insurance claim is not a lottery winning... But let me explain how it works.

You call your insurance they handle everything, and they deal with the other parties insurance company for reimbursement.

My guess is they will say its totaled and give you whatever a salvage title Z with whatever miles you have is worth.
The following users liked this post:
Atreyu'z 350 (06-26-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 03:11 PM
yead

ok so i just talk with my insurance and they told me if u file the claim through us .we gonna cut your deductible cause u r filing ur claim through us . or it may end up hire ur premium even its her fault. wait till u talk with ur agent see how much they offer.and them if u r not satisfied let us know. we will take over it .
Old 06-26-2017, 05:31 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Am I the first person the spot the hideous bugeye taillights? Do I win a prize?

Now on topic. If it is the other person's fault than your insurance will not pay out at all. Her insurance will be paying. In my experience I recommend taking it to a local body shop for her insurance to check out the car with them. If you don't and just let the insurance adjustor assess the damage, you will most likely check a significantly smaller check.

However... my opinion is based on a car with a clean title. Just another reason why you shouldn't buy a salvage car...
Old 06-26-2017, 05:58 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

That's a lot of damage for a parking lot collision.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:10 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

The damage on the drivers side has NOTHING to do with the damage on the passenger side, so why bring it up? Don't be an idiot and try to claim it.

Also, why front plate bracket but no front plate?

Quick Reply: accident in parking lot