Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Project on a quick release but got a Specific tune

Old 07-21-2017, 06:49 PM
Lacast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Project on a quick release but got a Specific tune

Hey guys ! I'm new here and luckily I'll get my answer eheh, so since 3 weeks I am the proud new owner of an 05' 350z with 72k miles manual that I got for 5500$ (got an amazing deal and previous owner was lit), car has high flow cat, magna exhaust, racing flywheel, Osiris up rev tune (235 whp on mustang dyno) and for the mechanical that's pretty much it ! And All this was done by the previous owner

So my question is, this tune is very special (I mean maybe it is regular and I never heard a 350z owner mentioned it) :
- 1st tune is the performance
- 2nd tune is like a valet tune (rpm can't pass 5k RPM)
- 3rd is the engine won't crank

To activate those tunes I have to scroll down the set once and then click on cancel once, twice or three time depending the one I want.

The next mod that I am thinking of is a quick release (any brand as long as they are safe*) steering wheel and I am afraid to loose these tunes... There is no way I could get one of these quick release and keep these tunes ? Or I have no other options but to change to an Oem style steering wheel ? Thank you so much guys

Last edited by Lacast; 07-22-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:31 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Lacast
Hey guys ! I'm new here and luckily I'll get my answer eheh, so since 3 weeks I am the proud new owner of an 05' 350z with 72k miles manual that I got for 5500$ (got an amazing deal and previous owner was lit), car has high flow cat, magna exhaust, racing flywheel, Osiris up rev tune (235 whp on mustang dyno) and for the mechanical that's pretty much it ! And All this was done by the previous owner

So my question is, this tune is very special (I mean maybe it is regular and I never heard a 350z owner mentioned it) :
- 1st tune is the performance
- 2nd tune is like a valet tune (rpm can't pass 5k RPM)
- 3rd is the engine won't crank

To activate those tunes I have to scroll down the set once and then click on cancel once, twice or three time depending the one I want.

The next mod that I am thinking of is a quick release NRG steering wheel and I am afraid to loose these tunes... There is no way I could get one of these quick release and keep these tunes ? Or I have no other options but to change to an Oem style steering wheel ? Thank you so much guys
I don't really care what you do with your car, but it's always been a matter of curiosity for me as to why anyone would do this. Are you 400 pounds and need the clearance to get in/out of the seat? Don't like the safety features and protection the SRS systems offers? Because it's a racecar? Just want to be like this @sshole?

Seriously, I'm really interested in knowing.
The following users liked this post:
BluestreamDE (07-22-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 06:06 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

If it's a street driven vehicle, personally I wouldn't advise getting that quick release setup. Really not worth giving up the air bag, possibly your horn, switching your UpRev maps on the fly and loosing cruise control, unless its for swag points and likes on IG and FB.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:21 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Op is prob sub 18....wants the steering wheel for balla points with his homies
Old 07-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Freise

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Quick release setups become chest harpoons when they aren't coupled with proper safety restraints.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:22 PM
Lacast

A racer ? Wtf are you talking about it's my daily drive and it also could be a safety feature has no one could potentially steal the car. Btw douche bag +dcains I am a french athletes Tennis player that weights 180lbs and I am a student with a scholarship as well. I just like how it looks, I just saw some with airbags that works so go hate somewhere else this is a post with people whom possesses education and an open mind to other's taste.

Last edited by Lacast; 07-22-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:28 PM
Lacast

Guys you need to understand I don't give a damn of insta, race whatever thing you are talking about, I want to do stuff to my car because I like it, so I am asking advice, as for the airbags, there are some that works with it, and thank you for worrying about my cruise control but the tune already deleted it. So should my question be asked again ?

Last edited by Lacast; 07-22-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:29 PM
Lacast

Prob sub 18 ? I'm 20 and I leave alone since I am 12 so stfu ignorant, judging people makes me think you are the one immature here.

Last edited by Lacast; 07-22-2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-22-2017, 04:33 PM
Lacast

Yeah I saw this is a good point but I drive pretty good and very carefuly although it's the others in america that makes me worry so my driving doesn't matter... Most of the people here can't drive they should make it mandatory to drive stick by then people would be more concentrate on the road. But OEM steering wheel are so expensive... Well quality over chest weapon I guess.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:43 PM
Lacast

And if something like that doesn't look clean I mean you must be older than my parents and like stock stuff. If you behave like a mature person I don't see how with a quick release would make me look like this idiot endangering other people's life.

These two are clean and do not look too much also momo is a reliable brand (these aren't momo tho I think )

This one is a bit bling bling but I like the color shift steering wheel look

As for this one it is over 400$ but looks gorgeous as well

Last edited by Lacast; 07-22-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:12 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Originally Posted by Freise
Quick release setups become chest harpoons when they aren't coupled with proper safety restraints.
Originally Posted by Lacast
A racer ? Wtf are you talking about it's my daily drive and it also could be a safety feature has no one could potentially steal the car. Btw douche bag +dcains I am a french athletes Tennis player that weights 180lbs and I am a student with a scholarship as well. I just like how it looks, I just saw some with airbags that works so go hate somewhere else this is a post with people whom possesses education and an open mind to other's taste.
safety feature.... no, anti theft maybe. Are we supposed to be impressed by a French douche that plays tennis?
Old 07-22-2017, 05:17 PM
Lacast

Impressed ? I just said " no one could potentially steal the car " In case you didn't read so you can understand u re just acting like a dick on this one but that's actually your only argument as I can see. I am not trying to impress anyone here especially you since you tend to judge people, I am just showing you how wrong you are, also that's pretty sad but there is no arguing here, you clearly are just acting like a ****. I asked things politely but you need to bring animosity, alright then you get what you searched for.

Last edited by Lacast; 07-22-2017 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:25 PM
Lacast

Btw as you can clearly see that that first person that commented is clearly judging as quick as you did and both of you are so wrong. Is respect something u heard of ? I might expect too much on this forum

Last edited by Lacast; 07-22-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:18 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

And done. Nothing positive here at all.

Search this Thread