Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Clutch and gas problems

Old 07-24-2017, 07:38 AM
Alan Sanchez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch and gas problems

It seems everytime I fix somthing a new problem emerges. I got my car back from the dealership after getting my valve cover gaskets replaced and I drove my car and evrything is fine till the next day. My gas starts fluxing and sounds like instead of a steady flow it's going in like uneven amounts. And when I try and turn it on as soon as I press the clutch it turns off. Anyone come across these problems
Old 07-24-2017, 07:56 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Sanchez
My gas starts fluxing and sounds like instead of a steady flow it's going in like uneven amounts....

And when I try and turn it on as soon as I press the clutch it turns off....
Can you explain better than this? You mean you have irregular idle?

Not understanding the 2nd part as well. You are suppose to depress the clutch before turning the key to start the car if it's manual. You mean after your start the car and try to drive it, it shuts off?

Just bring it back to the shop and complain. They obviously did something wrong to it.
The following users liked this post:
Atreyu'z 350 (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 08:34 AM
Alan Sanchez

Originally Posted by BluestreamDE
Can you explain better than this? You mean you have irregular idle?

Not understanding the 2nd part as well. You are suppose to depress the clutch before turning the key to start the car if it's manual. You mean after your start the car and try to drive it, it shuts off?

Just bring it back to the shop and complain. They obviously did something wrong to it.
yea, it sounds irregular like if I'm running out of gas but I'm not. The car would jerk and sound similar to a rally car expect the rumble are spaced out. And we'll before it doesn't want to turn on at all now. When i would turn it and and press the clutch it'll turn off on me
Old 07-24-2017, 08:49 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

That sounds bad. My first guess is to look at your spark plugs and check for oil pooling where the ignition coils sit since they did a valve cover job. There are three circle rubber seals on each cover that keep the oil at bay on the heads, if they fail oil pools in where the spark plug is and eventually causes problems with ignition and misfiring.

I would call them and complain to their customer service rep about how unsatisfied you are with their job on the car, explain the symptoms in detail and tow it back to them to fix it. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:04 AM
Alan Sanchez

Originally Posted by BluestreamDE
That sounds bad. My first guess is to look at your spark plugs and check for oil pooling where the ignition coils sit since they did a valve cover job. There are three circle rubber seals on each cover that keep the oil at bay on the heads, if they fail oil pools in where the spark plug is and eventually causes problems with ignition and misfiring.

I would call them and complain to their customer service rep about how unsatisfied you are with their job on the car, explain the symptoms in detail and tow it back to them to fix it. Good luck.
I got the valve cover gaskets replaced and my buddy is telling me I possibly burned the clutch and/or the flywheel. I put in a new started the other day and now that's fried.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:10 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

Ok so you
1) Brought car to dealership to fix valve cover gaskets
2) Car comes back and doesn't run right

why didn't you 3) Bring it right back to the dealership?!

Search this Thread