Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Haltech harness tps issue.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 09:24 AM
tony_t

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Haltech harness tps issue.

Hey guys finally got my car put together years after i bought my haltech harness system. Immediately had problems. Stuck injector, tons of codes and no app or tps.

fixed injectors. Pulled the factory ecu and saw that the pin for the app was pushed in and bent. Opened up the ecu and fixed the pin. Reinstalled and checked signal in the ecu manager.

app is registering now. Still no tps however. Fired the car up and while the engine is operating the app reads and the tps does as well. Engine revs up normally.

Is this normal? How am I supposed to calibrate tps? I just manually entered in values for the time being
Old 09-23-2017, 10:16 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Are you saying that you are monitoring the TPS signal via the haltech (laptop screen) and it's not registering within the haltech? but the car is operating normally?

You calibrate the TPS in the settings(which you've probably already know)

Last edited by bealljk; 09-23-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:47 PM
tony_t

Originally Posted by bealljk
Are you saying that you are monitoring the TPS signal via the haltech (laptop screen) and it's not registering within the haltech? but the car is operating normally?

You calibrate the TPS in the settings(which you've probably already know)
when the ecu is online and the car is not running the TPS is unresponsive but the APP operates normally. Then when I start the engine and it's running. The TPS responds normally as well as the APP.

All being viewed via haltech ecu manager on my laptop. I can't calibrate it really because of this. I just manually entered in the same values as the APP for now. Just trying to nail the issues down only dtc's I'm having isn't anything to do with throttle.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:30 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

That sounds like expected behavior. I don't think the throttle moves when the engine is not running (more specifically when the fuel pump is not on, but you'd have to confirm the power routing in the FSM).
Old 09-23-2017, 08:17 PM
tony_t

Originally Posted by rcdash
That sounds like expected behavior. I don't think the throttle moves when the engine is not running (more specifically when the fuel pump is not on, but you'd have to confirm the power routing in the FSM).
that's what i was thinking as well. But it makes it useless to try and calibrate it in the haltech unless you do it while its running lol. I guess I won't worry about it too much. More importantly need to figure out why I have a p1136 code... good to see you still active by the way RC_dash. Used to pick a lot of jnfo off your posts years back. Just getting back into it