Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Tried my hand at tuning and fckd something up lol

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 02:28 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts
Default Tried my hand at tuning and fckd something up lol

Ok well I tried to touch a little tiny bit of what I know with my tune.

I saved the current tune that works in NA form so if I need to go back I can.

Connected my turbo charge pipe, adjusted some AFR's, K multiplyer and something else and flashed a new rom onto my ECU.

Well it didn't work so I reflashed it, removed the charge pipe and went to the NA ROM that worked. Well that's not working either and giving me hard cranks making me have to push the gas and rev it to get it to start up.

It was doing this when I left the tune shop but the guy did something to let it start with out me having to rev it to crank over.

What did he do? Why doesn't the rom work like it did before I tried that other tune and out it back on? Literally nothing on it changed it was saved as a separate ROM before I started tuning.

I have 750cc injectors so that has to be part of it but again the tuner plugged something in somewhere to let this thing crank on its own. What did he do and how did I lose it just by taking the tune off then back on?
Old 10-15-2017, 03:03 PM
CK_32

And now when I try to down shift or blip the throttle it sputters like it's not getting fuel or air. It bogs if anything.

Is there something with the fuel I need t adjust?

Injector delay? Pulse width?

Ok turned down the crank impulse % by about 30 and it's still shuddering a tad, but it's turning over by it self now.

So I'm pretty sure the 750cc despite uprev stating in their manual is fine on all stock values is running stupid rich. Now I'm going to have to tune NA then think about GI tuning lol

Last edited by CK_32; 10-15-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:01 AM
Freise

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I haven't gotten to play with Uprev yet, I'm unsure how much it does for you or not, but your values from stock to 750cc should end up around 43% of stock.
Beyond that, can you not give the guy at the shop a call and find out what he changed?
Old 10-16-2017, 07:07 AM
CK_32

I probably could but they left a bad taste in my mouth and the kid who answers the phone is a lazy POS and is terrible at customer service. I already know even if I did call he wouldn't pass me the the tuner. Unless you are making an apt he doesn't give a crap what you gatta say.

And I'm sure as hell not going to drive up there. But after seeing the change with the crank settings I think he just adjusted the crank % like I did.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:03 AM
Blizzard25

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If I had to venture a total shot in the dark kind of guess, I would say you either didn't touch your cranking enrichment/injector primer tables or you tuned them poorly. Most people who are just learning how to tune don't touch these because they don't understand them, but if you get larger injectors you have to tune these tables correctly for a good start/idle.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:21 AM
CK_32

I played with just about all of them.

But I'm not noticing a consistent fix. Which is where my confusion comes from.

But I got it to turn on it's own again. And I'm leaving it now. I just brought down the crank % and the injector prime %'s.

Only problem is it's not the cleanest throttle anymore. Still going full rich on quick throttle blips and into 12/11's when on the gas underneath normal load.

Downshift rev match is non existent right now.

Last edited by CK_32; 10-17-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:23 AM
yosip1115

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by CK_32
I played with just about all of them.

But I'm not noticing a consistent fix. Which is where my confusion comes from.

But I got it to turn on it's own again. And I'm leaving it now. I just brought down the crank % and the injector prime %'s.

Only problem is it's not the cleanest throttle anymore. Still going full rich on quick throttle blips and into 12/11's when on the gas underneath normal load.

Downshift rev match is non existent right now.
Too much fuel. Could be too much fuel or uprev thinking more air is coming in than really is.

You didn't swap MAF's to a uprev GT one when you hooked up your charge pipe, did you?

MAF scaling and injector K are where they should be for current hardware (or where they were before you played around)? I agree with Freise, 43% of what it was with stock injectors

I agree it is odd that it didn't correct when you reflashed back to the old rom. Makes me think something was overlooked hardware wise or it's not the rom you thought it was, because I'm not aware of any values that would stick around in non volatile mem after a new rom is loaded.

Have you verified that it is in fact the working rom from the tuner and not a stock one?

Did you change any other hardware before hooking up the cold pipe?

Where are your fuel correction values at?

Last edited by yosip1115; 10-17-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:00 PM
CK_32

Nope OEM MAF. The was told it should be fine until 400hp..

And I'm as sure as I could be really. I made sure to copy the current running rom before I played with anything. So I could go back when I messed up.

When I did the start up was jacked up again.

As for the values changed its no set value. I'm hunting all over the place trying to see what works. When something works I leave it. But I haven't found a magic # as of yet. Cause it might work, then I replug it in and the next time I try the same values it seems to have a different result.