Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So here's an update on the widebody

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Not_a_commi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So here's an update on the widebody

I fell in love with this bumper and im sorry to say, it' probably not going to happen. After sending emails to Greggson LFT, they've made it quite clear that they do not want to make money. They refuse to ship to the USA from the UK even if I'll pay for the extra shipping charges. So alas... I'm going to have to find another bumper. Does anyone know of a V-3 style bumper that doesn't have the ridge connecting side to side like the one below? I could deal with a V-3 but it's going to be a pain in the neck to reshape it to fit the widebody. Let me know what you think.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:46 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

I think they did you a favor.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:53 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
I think they did you a favor.
Agree. It looks like a 350Z had sex with a last gen Mazda 3.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Not_a_commi

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
I like the long nose aero bumpers but that's just my sryle
Old 04-05-2018, 03:36 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Or maybe a vacuum cleaner or a bottom feeder like a catfish....

But what do I know? I like OEM.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Not_a_commi

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Or maybe a vacuum cleaner or a bottom feeder like a catfish....

But what do I know? I like OEM.
then why are you looking at a widebody post? The whole purpose is to alter the OEM look. Also, I need alot of air going into my bay for my intercooler, radiater, power steering cooler ect. OEM doesn't quite cut it. There is the JP Vizage front bumper but it's not really my style. It's a possibility tho
Old 04-06-2018, 03:26 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

not a commi..... but a dreamer for sure
Old 04-06-2018, 04:37 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by Not_a_commi
then why are you looking at a widebody post? The whole purpose is to alter the OEM look. Also, I need alot of air going into my bay for my intercooler, radiater, power steering cooler ect. OEM doesn't quite cut it. There is the JP Vizage front bumper but it's not really my style. It's a possibility tho
Wow, hurt much? I guess you're too new to know that between the lines of my incessant sarcasm and clowning I have mad respect for anyone and whatever they want to do to their cars. I treat everyone the same here, the same level and love and "fun disrespect" for sharing a common affectation, Z cars. The same amount that people give me because they know I'm kidding and really don't take a lot too seriously.

I, like everyone else, have my preferences but that doesn't mean I don't have an interest in everything people do - good or bad in my OPINION - to their Zs. My "famous" Top 10 list consists of cars that are OEM, mildly modified, and all the way up to the wildest widebody build on this site, so chill.

So read my posts, everyone that knows me here knows that a friendly barb is a sign that I took an interest in something you posted, including a front end that reminds me of a sucking fish.

Last edited by MicVelo; 04-06-2018 at 04:47 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by MicVelo:
blufc3s (04-10-2018), coop3422 (04-11-2018), travlee (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 05:01 AM
SQuaLZ

Originally Posted by Not_a_commi
Is this going to be a race car?

Most bumpers on the market, including OEM, have more than enough opening for adequate cooling. Off the top of my head, I would think the Nismo V2 would have the biggest opening for an intercooler. If I were to go turbo that would be my first choice.

Also, if I were to be building a race car, a widebody kit would be off the table. I would just be putting some valuable aero on the car with existing fenders. Widebody kit is just unnecessary weight on an already heavy car.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:47 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

Looks like that C West kit that was hot in like what, 2003-4? F&F era...

https://conceptzperformance.com/c-we...bpf_p_1548.php
Old 04-06-2018, 09:01 AM
Not_a_commi

Is this going to be a race car?

Most bumpers on the market, including OEM, have more than enough opening for adequate cooling. Off the top of my head, I would think the Nismo V2 would have the biggest opening for an intercooler. If I were to go turbo that would be my first choice.

Also, if I were to be building a race car, a widebody kit would be off the table. I would just be putting some valuable aero on the car with existing fenders. Widebody kit is just unnecessary weight on an already heavy car.
The purpose is to build a street car that I can take to the tracks on occasion. I love the widebody look on a 350z and it'd be a shame to not do it while I have it so I'm gathering the pieces for a custom widebody. Not really custom since I'm using parts off of other kits but the way I'm designing it hasn't been done before. My background is body work but I'm friends with the guys at a local speed shop that can help me build the engine. But that won't happen for a while. I'll be posting as progress is done and when parts come in!
Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 AM
Not_a_commi

Originally Posted by travlee
not a commi..... but a dreamer for sure
No I'm definitely a commi ;P lol just follow the build. If you are on this forum alot, you'll see me around. This forum is just another outlet to record the build. I've been planning this build since last year and you can check it out via Wheelwell and Instagram
Old 04-06-2018, 09:25 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

just prove us wrong, alot of new members come on here saying they are going to do this or that and then disappear. if you can take the occasional razzing, you will be fine
Old 04-06-2018, 09:32 AM
Not_a_commi

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Wow, hurt much? I guess you're too new to know that between the lines of my incessant sarcasm and clowning I have mad respect for anyone and whatever they want to do to their cars. I treat everyone the same here, the same level and love and "fun disrespect" for sharing a common affectation, Z cars. The same amount that people give me because they know I'm kidding and really don't take a lot too seriously.

I, like everyone else, have my preferences but that doesn't mean I don't have an interest in everything people do - good or bad in my OPINION - to their Zs. My "famous" Top 10 list consists of cars that are OEM, mildly modified, and all the way up to the wildest widebody build on this site, so chill.

So read my posts, everyone that knows me here knows that a friendly barb is a sign that I took an interest in something you posted, including a front end that reminds me of a sucking fish.

I wasn't talking down to you? It was an honest question but thanks for explaining lol. I was just asking to see if you were trying to troll but I'll see you around. I'm not really one to write on other's posts and I'm using my350z to record the build hince why I didn't understand the barb lol.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:13 PM
Not_a_commi

Btw I've done more research on the distributers of this kit and found one that ships to the USA. It's not worth the $500 shipping fees (that's with insurance). So back to the drawing board. I'm looking for something somewhat aggressive. I'm probably going to have to reshape the nose anyways further down the line and I can shape a regular short nose to fit more of my look. The reason I was looking for a longer nose is because it's less work for me farther down the line if i decide to go tt. It's not a must have but definitely preferred. If you'd be so kind, throw a few hidden gems my way lol. Btw, I called VIS Racing today and they're still backed up on their orders. My order for the fenders and skirts does not have a definitive ship date but I can expect a ship date within the next 2 weeks.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:30 AM
SQuaLZ

I would look into Shine Auto Project. Heard nothing but great things about the quality and service from them.

I still don't understand why you need to have a longer nose. Are you planning on have a football field size intercooler? I would think most bumpers for the Z will fit most intercoolers. Our radiator is pretty far back in comparison to the front bumper. But then again, what do I know? My Z is NA.

I still vote for the Nismo V2 and Shine makes an excellent replica. The Amuse replica from Shine would be my second choice.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:39 AM
Not_a_commi

Default Final decision on the bumper!

So after countless days, I've determined what bumper would look best on my widebody 350z. It's going to be the azexiled NSM front bumper. I don't like badging a car so I'll have to fill in and sand down the badge marking and I'm sure there will be more work with getting it to match up with the fender flares. But it's a clean look and with a splitter, it will have the aggressive look as well as air flow that I've been looking for. Orders on this bumper is very limited as it's brand new and I think there is only one distributer as of right now. I'll let you guys know but next step is getting the Stardast fender flares. It's going to be a part a paycheck so bear with me. I can't buy everything all at once lol
Old 04-07-2018, 06:41 AM
Not_a_commi

I would look into Shine Auto Project. Heard nothing but great things about the quality and service from them.

I still don't understand why you need to have a longer nose. Are you planning on have a football field size intercooler? I would think most bumpers for the Z will fit most intercoolers. Our radiator is pretty far back in comparison to the front bumper. But then again, what do I know? My Z is NA.

I still vote for the Nismo V2 and Shine makes an excellent replica. The Amuse replica from Shine would be my second choice.
I just posted the bumper I decided to go with. The azexiled NSM front bumper. There's a picture on that post. And I have the HR and everything about that engine bay is tight spacing. I was looking at a long nose because A; I like the way it looks and B; more room to work with. Alot of people run into fitment problems when they decide to boost and they either have to spend hours shaving away at a bumper (like the jp vizage type N) or even having to reshape the front nose entirely. Body work doesnt bother me but when I have to spend 12-16 hours reshaping so that everything looks clean and fits perfect, I kind of want to avoid that. This bumper I'm looking at doesn't cut back too much but I have to find something in the mean time. Once you check out the bumper I'm looking at, you will notice that it's not a long nose. But it also doesn't have the ducts that cut back and a friend of mine on Instagram is running a turbo DE with no problem. I'm a perfectionist lol I just want clean fitment.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:53 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

In that case you might want to contact the rep for that company. Screen name bmccann101. Solid guy, 1st runner up at SEMA last year.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:17 AM
Not_a_commi

Originally Posted by jhc
In that case you might want to contact the rep for that company. Screen name bmccann101. Solid guy, 1st runner up at SEMA last year.
I've emailed him before about a VIS Racing kit. Hes a distributer for voodoo13, Vis Racing, Seibon, and a **** ton of others. His build is actually what inspired me to do my own take of a widebody. That and DK lol. But his build is crazy and I'm going more for a wide angular nismo look. But that front end looks so good. I'll probably switch up the look but I definitely have to buy something to mock up in the mean time.

Quick Reply: So here's an update on the widebody