Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Corbeau RRX - Install/Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 09:59 AM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Corbeau RRX - Install/Review

Ok, I don't think i've seen a review of these seats or even a picture of these seats in the 350z yet, I might be the first.

I was in the market for aftermarket reclining seats for the Z. Didn't want bucket because of the fixed back and DD. My budget was 1.5k for seats and sliders which put Corbeau RRX, Corbeau RRS, OMP Design 2, Sparco R333 on the table for me. The OMP design 2 was top pick due to higher bolsters on thigh and sides, but the styling of the Sparco R333 had the design and style I wanted. I'm in the New England area so there was only 1 shop that I knew of (HMS Motorsports) that had seats in their showroom to "sample". They carried only 2 cobra reclining seats that were way above my budget and none of the seats I was actually looking for. I sat in the cobra which had similar thigh bolsters to the R333 Sparcos and I did not like how it didn't grab enough. This kinda knocked out the R333 from the list leaving the 2 Corbeau seats and OMP left.

For the life of me I could not find a decent picture of the RRX installed on a 350z. There were a few youtube videos and pictures of RRS's installed in other vehicles but I wanted to see them in the 350z. Corbeau's website had a 350z with RRS installed which looked nice but the thigh bolsters did not look huggy enough for me. Called up Corbeau and asked them about both the RRX and RRS and why customers choose one over the other. Their explanation was simply the thigh bolsters on the RRX may be difficult to get in and out of, thus having the RRS being more popular according to corbeau. I also wanted to make sure i was at OEM height and not any lower once these seats were installed. I was looking at Planted seats which are pretty low and also the Planted High's which were near OEM level. Changed my mind and just ordered the seat brackets and sliders from Corbeau to save myself if there was any issues with fitment and needing to drill.

So after a few months of sitting on the 3 seats i decided to order the RRX with sliders. shipped out from Utah and came to Massachusetts in about 5 days.

Review and pics:
These seats are beautiful. its a cloth fabric/leather/some sort of faux carbon fiber vinyl wrapped seat. I wanted the black with no colored stitching to keep it simple. The previous owner dyed the seats a poop brown color over the burnt orange which started to show over time. The OEM seats were TRASH.

I am 5'6, about 160 lbs with 30 waist. These seats fit me pretty snug with enough room to turn my head and shoulders to look at the sides and back of the car. Seat height may of increased a quarter/half inch from my initial impression but I also have sliders which added an inch or so. I have not done any spirited driving yet but man...these seats HUG. Its not so much of a bucket seat hug but more like OEM seat feel with better bolsters.

Initial Unbox and wrap/post-up

Not sure about this, they have a little mounting bracket for what looks to be for the seatbelt. However, it doesn't make sense to have your sliders on and move back and forth but have your seatbelt be stationary. I ended up bolting the belt to the seat itself.

Will need to grind this.

The following users liked this post:
jv350z (07-16-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 03:27 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

That little nub on the driver's side almost got me too. Had to take it to a friend's place and use a dremel on it to get the seat properly mounted.

That faux CF looks great on that seat, wish I'd have gotten those instead.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:26 AM
BQPham

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice to see it doesn't hit the door, my Sparco Evo and Bride FG Rail cause my seat to hit the door...
Old 07-16-2018, 04:54 AM
jv350z

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

looks good
Old 07-16-2018, 07:23 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

30" waist and these are snug? Damn I don't think any seats will fit my fat *** (5'7 196lbs 35" waist)

Seats look great! Is there any movement in the seat where it rubs against the door? It is pretty close judging from the pics.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:27 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

If this isn't a review for ebay exhaust then whats the point.

Looks like a nice upgrade though, if I didn't already have Z seats in my truck I might be after your stockers.