Sponsored by:

W Brace Rust Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 01:48 PM
sellingthewind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default W Brace Rust Help

Hello
Im brand new to the forums. I have had a number of vehicles in which I have done my own repairs so I cannot wait to start digging into this one.

I have an 04 Z and It was sold to me for $600. I could not pass up this deal with this beautiful car. It needs pads and rotors, as well as a caliper. Right rear caliper is sticking.

The largest issue is the reason the previous owner didn't want to deal with the car any longer as he was afraid of this repair.

My W brace is in need of replacement. I would normally have no problem with this repair but the rust extends to another part.
I am having trouble seeing how big part is as well as how difficult this repair will be. The rust damaged more than just the W brace.

I need help identifying the part that the W Brace bolts into. It is bolted directly to the undercarriage on both sides and is steel.

This picture is from another website but I am having trouble finding clearer pictures. If anyone has replaced this before, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Peace
Old 08-19-2018, 04:04 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I would start spraying things with PB Blaster but most these parts are removable and replaceable.

I replicated my W-brace to aluminum to accommodate my single exhaust and if you want a deal on my OEM W-brace shoot me a message - I can get it boxed up and shipped out pretty quick.

there may be a few helpful pictures around post #208 on my build thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...n-build-5.html
The following users liked this post:
sellingthewind (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 04:10 PM
sellingthewind

Thanks! I am really interested in the brace. I am still trying to find the part that the brace fits into on either side. I will let you know asap when I want to buy.

Also, pretty damn nice build.

Peace
Old 08-20-2018, 04:20 PM
sellingthewind

I am pretty sure I found the part. Not a bad price either. Thank god this isnt an audi.

Part https://conceptzperformance.com/niss...001_p_8435.php

Pretty funny how its already rusting in the picture lolol
Old 08-20-2018, 08:55 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Thank you ... I can grab some pictures how my things interact down there (will need a few days) if it'll help.

Concerning the brace - aside from a handful of snow/rain storms my car hasnt / doesnt see weather and when it does it drys pretty quick. Minimal to zero rust on my W-brace. Just let me know ... it's hanging in the garage
Old 08-22-2018, 07:57 PM
DarkZ03

Received 487 Likes on 407 Posts

I'm currently replacing both of those pieces along with the brace and all the hardware, getting rid of this rust before it spreads lol.