Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Help with clutch replacement

Old 04-24-2019, 09:38 PM
brians4130

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with clutch replacement

I have a 2003 350z that has a gretty tt installed. I’ve had the car for 3 1/2 years. It’s been a great car, lots of power with the tt and love the handling of the car. I bought the car with the turbos Installed. Last fall the clutch started going out. When I got the car it had 88,000 mi on it. I’m at 130,000 now. I was on a steep incline and had to ride the clutch to get going, and that’s when problems started. Then I took a 2500 mi trip where the clutch started slipping more. I’m trying to install the clutch myself and have watch some videos on how to do that. I ran into some issues getting the twin exhaust pipes off because of rusted bolts so left them in place. The current issue is that I got the transmission totally unbolted, but I cannot get it out because it hits the wastegates on both sides of the transmission. It needs to slide straight back about 3 more inches.I think I’m going to have to take them off, but it seams nearly impossible to get any tools up there to unbolt everything. My main question is, has anyone got it out with leaving the wastegates in place? Any advice on unbolting the wastegates? I can’t believe the lack of room I’m dealing with in there, and don’t know how they fit everything in there in the first place. If I could just reverse the order of how every was installed. Any advice or ideas? Thanks in advance...
Old 04-24-2019, 10:34 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

nope...with the greddy kit the waste gates pin the transmission in.

Youre best move will be to take the engine and transmission out if you cannot get the waste gates off the exhaust/headers.

Moving forward - get a waste gate relocation kit and install it before you reinstall everything. I would talk to Jeramiah at Sucker Punch Motorsports - I believe he is the only person fabricating them for this kit.

I loved my greddy kit but good lord, I do not miss these frustrations!