Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Louisiana Members

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:41 AM
sumfknguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah.. then that’s you. My paint is already squirrelly.. and the rock chips are everywhere. So after hand washing it a few times when I first got it I said the hell with it and detail it at that Gretna spot.. I figure in 6 months or so I will get it repainted and then hand wash it from there on.

So what are your plans with your car? Going for performance mods? Bling? Not sure yet?

A few others here and myself have met up a few times locally. 350_LEE has a ATI SC'd Z and will be bringing it down to No Problem to run on the track sooner or later (right Lee?!?!) so we can see what kind of numbers he's pullin..

If you ever wanna step out and meet some fellow Z peeps just keep an eye out here.. there is some small talk about possibly having a get together when it gets warmer in the NOLA area... the more the merrier (even though it doesn’t seem like there are a lot of Z’s in the area).

Oh, and the names Will... welcome again and congrats on the car.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:26 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks will....i definitly hook up with yall...i have alot of questions...i'm goin to do sound first then do proformance...thinking about doin chrome on the wheels not sure yet....i got rear ended on valentines day.. i was dilivering flowers to my gf and got hit more less bumped from behind...paint scratch and minor dents..i was devastated..putting her in the shop on monday....once again thanks....my name is soleil

whenever yall meet do tell
Old 02-23-2007, 08:00 PM
hatchboi

awww man Will had a meet and didnt let any body know, holla at everyone next time i wanna ride in lee sc beast!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:18 PM
sumfknguy

lol, nah man.... nothin yet... we will get something going...
Old 02-28-2007, 10:48 AM
sumfknguy

anyone in the NOLA area looking for parts off of a 05 non-base model Z? I have a buddy who has parts off of a wrecked Z at his body shop and he is wanting to sell them. He has the complete interior (dash, center console, leather seats w/airbags, etc -black). This car was an AT. He also has some misc parts outside of the interior that are up for sale.

Let me know if you are inerested in anything and I will get back to you with a price..

Car was silver..
Old 02-28-2007, 11:43 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by sumfknguy
anyone in the NOLA area looking for parts off of a 05 non-base model Z? I have a buddy who has parts off of a wrecked Z at his body shop and he is wanting to sell them. He has the complete interior (dash, center console, leather seats w/airbags, etc -black). This car was an AT. He also has some misc parts outside of the interior that are up for sale.

Let me know if you are inerested in anything and I will get back to you with a price..

Car was silver..
Can anything off of the motor be taken? What about the cubby behind the driver's side?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:44 AM
blasian

BTW, if you guys plan a meet let me know. I'll try to see if I can gather some guys up around the BR to go.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:50 AM
sumfknguy

I actually bought the engine already.. sorry. =)

as far as the cubby behind the driver seat, are you talking about the part that holds the speakers across the back? Or the part that holds the 10" bose speaker? Let me know and I will see what kind of price he wants..
Old 02-28-2007, 11:53 AM
blasian

I actually bought the engine already.. sorry. =)

as far as the cubby behind the driver seat, are you talking about the part that holds the speakers across the back? Or the part that holds the 10" bose speaker? Let me know and I will see what kind of price he wants..
lol well... I'd be willing to buy a part of the motor if you're willing to sell. I'm just trying to get the idle tensioner pulley for the AC because mine broke and my belt squeaks because its loose

Yeah I want the cubby directly behind the seat where the Bose sub would normally be. I have the Bose sub but I'm looking for a stock compartment for when I get rid of the Bose system.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:05 AM
sumfknguy

This car had the bose system in it.. not sure if that changes anything.

As far as the engine goes.. I have a 03 engine that I believe has a bent valve.. It was the original engine that was in my car... about 38K miles.. the car had an ATI Supercharger on it when I bought it and a friend drove it down the street and when I got it back the CEL was on... dealer ran a code check and said it was more than likely a bent valve... engine still runs.. just runs like schit..lol, I ended up just putting in a spare engine I had with much less miles. The one I just bought will be my new spare or core if I ever decide to go FI again.

anyway... I have this in storage.. you are welcome to make me an offer on it if you want it.. it's complete minus the oil pan/engine cover and a few sensors. Let me know... It's in Gretna on Whitney at a storage place. If you just need parts off of it and it's not gonna kick my a$$ taking it off, then make me an offer on that as well and I will get it to you..
Old 03-01-2007, 04:15 AM
sumfknguy

I also have a 04 6 Speed transmission with about 6K miles on it... if anyone is interested in it...
Old 03-01-2007, 05:27 AM
blasian

This car had the bose system in it.. not sure if that changes anything.

As far as the engine goes.. I have a 03 engine that I believe has a bent valve.. It was the original engine that was in my car... about 38K miles.. the car had an ATI Supercharger on it when I bought it and a friend drove it down the street and when I got it back the CEL was on... dealer ran a code check and said it was more than likely a bent valve... engine still runs.. just runs like schit..lol, I ended up just putting in a spare engine I had with much less miles. The one I just bought will be my new spare or core if I ever decide to go FI again.

anyway... I have this in storage.. you are welcome to make me an offer on it if you want it.. it's complete minus the oil pan/engine cover and a few sensors. Let me know... It's in Gretna on Whitney at a storage place. If you just need parts off of it and it's not gonna kick my a$$ taking it off, then make me an offer on that as well and I will get it to you..
Damn man that sucks. Its cool, I was thinking it was a base model for some odd reason.

Hell, you really don't even have to take it off and if the motors out, it'll be easy as hell since its just 3 bolts IIRC. You won't have to ship it to me, I'll pick it up.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:56 AM
sumfknguy

cool.. its on an engine stand sitting in a storage unit.. let me know if/when you wanna come get it.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:06 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Car was silver..
How about the cubby behind the passenger seat (the glove box), does he have that and is it black? I would need the door, all mounting hardware and the box itself.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:57 PM
sumfknguy

I will confirm that is available and get back with you Saturday with a price..
Old 03-01-2007, 03:28 PM
johnnywall22

Car was silver..
Do you have the center console, the speed omd., and leather seats. and how much
Old 03-01-2007, 03:55 PM
sumfknguy

ok.. what I will do is make a note of the items that people are interested in. This Saturday I am heading over to the shop and I will clean up the dust and take pictures. I will then post them with prices and we can go from there.

So if you are interested in anything, let me know by then or just wait for the pics.

thanks
Old 03-04-2007, 10:47 AM
sumfknguy

Some things came up this weekend and I was unable to get to the shop to get pics and prices.. I will try during the week to get this but more than likely not gonna happen with work and all. I'll keep you all posted when I get some info.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:27 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

That's cool - thanks.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:48 PM
blasian

I'm going to make a trip out the 17th if thats cool. I want to go see 300 at the IMAX, getting some friends together to go see it.

Quick Reply: Louisiana Members