Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Official Gainesville road course June 3 sign up

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 03:17 PM
screener
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Today I put on my Hotchkis sways, springs,and Satisfied GS carbon/ceramic brake pads.Along with a complete brake flush of Motul RBF 600 fluid.I am ready to go do some track driving.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice man!!! sounds like your car should be track ready for sure by the 3rd of june....
Old 04-02-2006, 07:57 PM
screener
Banned

Default Course setup

Hey guy's tell me what you think about setting up the course like this.
Eric

Last edited by screener; 04-02-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

thats perfect man, i love that !!!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:03 PM
98intrigue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will be one fast track!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

little faster for some of us...
Old 04-03-2006, 02:03 PM
screener
Banned

Yea I think it will be fun if this is how we have it setup,not to technical but get to carry some speed.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:36 PM
screener
Banned

I PM'ed everyone on the list that has a forum name asking how you would prefer to pay. I need those PM's responded to, I have heard back from some and not heard back from others.

Thanks Guy's
Eric
Old 04-03-2006, 04:21 PM
screener
Banned

Ok pic the setup you like best 1 or 2
I think 2 might be my choice but looks like it could be disastrous if someone lost control while heading toward were the other car could be!

Old 04-03-2006, 04:22 PM
screener
Banned

EDIT--double post deleted
Old 04-03-2006, 10:02 PM
98intrigue

I like 2.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:01 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Wish I could go, we used setup 2 when we did it and it wont be a problem with people losing it coming into the "S".

The place any had problems with were coming down the straight and making the sharp turn to begin the "S" as it is an off camber turn plus some would overshoot and go into the grass circle but not badly, and the next bad spot was coming out of the "S" to the straight, people would be going hot into it and hit too hard coming out and lose the rear end a bit.

You guys are going to have a blast.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:50 AM
screener
Banned

Hey westpak I have never been there before,but how did you guy's handle overtaking slower traffic?I think setup 2 will be better, more driving involved.
Thanks
Eric
Old 04-05-2006, 10:59 AM
TrackHoRX8

#2. The threshold braking zone off that long straight & early apex turn will be lots of fun and a great experience. It will also cause people to slow down so that high horsepower cars with lots of straightaway speed do not slip off that right hander. Also the two circles will be good transitions. More to learn.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:03 AM
TrackHoRX8

Make two passing zones only please. The long straights, after the two areas with turns. If a car which can't handle the turns lets the faster car in front of them during the straight, they won't see the car after the next series of turns. No need to have a car slow down traffic during turns and then blast down the straight only to hold people up again in the turns. I'm sure some people have been to HPDE's so they know what I'm talking about. I'll be happy to elaborate if needed.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:23 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by beddow
Hey westpak I have never been there before,but how did you guy's handle overtaking slower traffic?I think setup 2 will be better, more driving involved.
Thanks
Eric
We only had one or two cars at a time and never approaching eachother about 1/2 lap apart. The track is not very long so to finish a pass is tough unless the car in front is a Miata.

Our event was setup as an autox/track day combo where a car would go out for 3 laps at a time and space the next car out about 1/2 lap apart.

If you want timing you will have to limit the number of cars at a time unless you have timing system to time each car. Only passing zones I can think of woul dbe the stretch between the long turn and the circles and the bottom two stretches.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:16 PM
TrackHoRX8

Suggestion, do with as you wish, by all means, I'm not trying to do anything but give ideas:

We rented out Talladega Grand Prix Raceway as a group before. That is also a short track like this one. We put 3 cars on it for 15 minutes sessions which worked well because you get the feel of the track after a few laps and get better. With a track like this, you should be able to set up 4 groups of 5 cars, with 15-20 minute sessions. If a car is holding another up during the turns, they are to point them by and let them pass similar to an HPDE event. I don't think 3 laps per session will be enough because it will take about 2 to get tires hot and usually the 3rd lap is the lap where most people start to recognize and learn the track. Times sessions will allow for fun, learning, getting smoother (and faster), learning, testing the car/driver, learning, oh, and did I say learning.

Practicing things like threshold braking, apexing a turn just right, throttle stearing, and weight transfer through transitions will take several sequential laps, and discussion to learn. If you've never road raced before, some of those turns will have you giggling like a school girl.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:27 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by TrackHoRX8
Suggestion, do with as you wish, by all means, I'm not trying to do anything but give ideas:

We rented out Talladega Grand Prix Raceway as a group before. That is also a short track like this one. We put 3 cars on it for 15 minutes sessions which worked well because you get the feel of the track after a few laps and get better. With a track like this, you should be able to set up 4 groups of 5 cars, with 15-20 minute sessions. If a car is holding another up during the turns, they are to point them by and let them pass similar to an HPDE event. I don't think 3 laps per session will be enough because it will take about 2 to get tires hot and usually the 3rd lap is the lap where most people start to recognize and learn the track. Times sessions will allow for fun, learning, getting smoother (and faster), learning, testing the car/driver, learning, oh, and did I say learning.

Practicing things like threshold braking, apexing a turn just right, throttle stearing, and weight transfer through transitions will take several sequential laps, and discussion to learn. If you've never road raced before, some of those turns will have you giggling like a school girl.
That sounds like a great setup and if spreadout enough it might prevent slowing people down. With 20 cars it gives great opportunity for track time, we had 50 cars so it was tough, plus they were timing and having too many cars on the track was tough as they only had a couple of people timing.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:30 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

sounds good guys, this is why eric only wanted to make 20 max, if we do 4 or 5 different cars every 12-15 minutes, i think everyone will be able to run as much as they want since we have the track from 8 30 to 5, thats 8 and a half hours which would mean at least a full hour of driving crazy for each car. i think thats about all our cars could handle and plus once the people dont want to run anymore that lets the last people get to run more....

for a $100 i think this is a great deal and will be a very fun day!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:55 AM
TrackHoRX8

Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
sounds good guys, this is why eric only wanted to make 20 max, if we do 4 or 5 different cars every 12-15 minutes, i think everyone will be able to run as much as they want since we have the track from 8 30 to 5, thats 8 and a half hours which would mean at least a full hour of driving crazy for each car. i think thats about all our cars could handle and plus once the people dont want to run anymore that lets the last people get to run more....

for a $100 i think this is a great deal and will be a very fun day!!!

For $100, that's a lot of track time. I hope someone cancels so I can go! By the time the day is over, people will be very tired.

Who has NOT had any track time before (road course track time, not autocross)?

Quick Reply: Official Gainesville road course June 3 sign up