Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Official Gainesville road course June 3 sign up

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 12:08 PM
screener
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Received Payments for Kevin,Andrew,and Mike today.Thanks guy's see ya soon.
To my knowledge there will not be flags available for us.My simple solution is too bring two shirts 1 Black means you come in to pit/and end of session,the other would be yellow for caution someone is off track/and it will also dub as debris flag.
With all that has been mentioned it all sounds great sounds like I'm attending a track day with Chin.As far as tech inspections thats a little too much I will as I stated expect everyone going to have their car up to safe conditions that is your responsibility.I know most all of these people and they take their car seriously and would not put them or their cars in jeopardy by coming out on tires with steel belts showing etc.I will bring my torque wrench out so everyone can hit a couple lugs per wheel to be sure.What I will require before we all hit the track is a small drivers meeting, everyone has read and understands the rules, then signs off on the track rules sheet.If you go out in your first session and go off track a few times your day will be done.Thats the track rule not mine,thats the reason for the signing of the rules, so your fully aware and acknowledge them.Not saying it will happen you just never know.Say someone is having a hard time getting thru the corners smoothly that person needs to simmer down finish out the session and talk to someone with experience to help them find out why.
The ideas are great and I support them completely because I want this to be a fun safe day.

Trackhorx8 pointed out some good things that will be manditory on top of the track rules.
1.Small drivers meeting before going hot track.(going over rules,flags,pitting signal)
2.Clean out the car of all loose items including the spare tire, includes floor mats
3.Wheel bolts torqued correctly, none broken or missing
4.No fluid leaks( if some has or see some one leaking fluid let me know,DO NOT RUN YOU A/C ON THE TRACK FOR ANY REASON

I'm sure more things will pop up on this list but thats some of the important things I have in mind now.
Thanks
Eric

Last edited by screener; 04-29-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:44 PM
screener
Banned

Originally Posted by TrackHoRX8
You're giving away all my secrets.
It's no secret that you will be the fastest around the track out there,I'm fully aware some others might disagree though.I already knew you were coming out with r compounds, but you do not qualify for the fastest lap comp. because its for DOT approved tires only.Thats if we do have a prize for the fastest lap anyhow.
Now I have a challenge for you come on DOT tires Levent and lets see what that rotary can do with out fly paper on the wheels.

RX8
Old 04-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by beddow
It's no secret that you will be the fastest around the track out there,I'm fully aware some others might disagree though.I already knew you were coming out with r compounds, but you do not qualify for the fastest lap comp. because its for DOT approved tires only.Thats if we do have a prize for the fastest lap anyhow.
Now I have a challenge for you come on DOT tires Levent and lets see what that rotary can do with out fly paper on the wheels.

RX8
i am thinking i could beat him even if he has r compounds... hehehe

i should have some RA1s if everything works out... not 100% yet
Old 04-29-2006, 02:27 PM
TrackHoRX8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kumho V710's are DOT legal. I can drive with them on the street. What else you got???

A lot of you guys have faster cars than me. That's why I wanted the PAX times. Mike's car is prepped much more than mine since I have a B-Stock car.

Last edited by TrackHoRX8; 04-29-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

it will be fun to see who is the fastest overall anyways. cant wait!!!
Old 04-29-2006, 04:28 PM
TrackHoRX8

Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
it will be fun to see who is the fastest overall anyways. cant wait!!!

It'll be fun period! I can't wait either. It's always great fun to have some track time with a bunch of gear heads who love their cars.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:39 PM
screener
Banned

Kumho V710's are DOT legal. I can drive with them on the street. What else you got???
Damn nothing I guess just have to have my wife flash you while your on the track then
Old 04-30-2006, 04:27 AM
MoodDude

I thought the V710's where the bomb on AutoX but not good for road coarses since they grip better at low temps? I will have Pilot Cup's and they are DOT legal too and I can drive with them on the street, we will have to see. So are the RA-1's and I have heard great things about those tires too!

Beddow - about the tech - I agree that everyone should be responsible for his/her car, but a fresh set of eyes never hurts. Most of what they found at Talladega was people missed something loose in their car.
Wow - and now you are using your wife to win? Sounds like the Playboy 350Z that won at VIR against 996's, Corbra's, RX-8's, ...
So do we have 20 now? Everyone I called in Atlanta said that it would be to far to go.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:39 AM
TrackHoRX8

Lots of guys road race on them. V710 cars had the pole a in T1 and T2 at the runoffs on a very heavy high powered Viper.

Keep in mind road course and autox are two very different things. Most people way over drive an autox run. From start to finish the tire is pushed to the limit and beyond for 60 secs. A road course may only have 8-12 turns over the course of a min and you have a long strait which gives the tires a break and a chance to cool down. Any road racer that wants to finish and stay on track wont run the car the way we do at an autox.

At any case, we'll see what it does. It's my first time with these tires. I'll have them for two days at Roebling before this event.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:40 AM
TrackHoRX8

Damn nothing I guess just have to have my wife flash you while your on the track then
I'm going to have to attach blinders on my helmet so that I can only see the track.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:34 AM
MoodDude

Just quoting what tirerack told me about the difference between V710 and Cups, the guy who helped me has a Z and he came in 4th overall lastweekend at a 70 Vette AutoX, the only reason they let him run is tirerack sponsored it.

And I won't be wearing blinders
Old 04-30-2006, 12:08 PM
TrackHoRX8

Since they are letting us do a couple things extra, can we have instructors in cars with others? In other words, passengers for teaching laps?
Old 04-30-2006, 12:32 PM
screener
Banned

Originally Posted by MoodDude
Beddow - about the tech - I agree that everyone should be responsible for his/her car, but a fresh set of eyes never hurts. Most of what they found at Talladega was people missed something loose in their car.
That definetly make senses MoodDude I seem to miss stuff sometimes myself.
Yes all 20 spots are filled and paid for.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:19 PM
TrackHoRX8

That definetly make senses MoodDude I seem to miss stuff sometimes myself.
Yes all 20 spots are filled and paid for.

Aside from the 5 people who have done most of the discussion on this thread, what is the experience level of the others?
Old 04-30-2006, 03:23 PM
screener
Banned

Aside from the 5 people who have done most of the discussion on this thread, what is the experience level of the others?
Most everyone else can be found on the G35 forum here.
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89886
I am gathering that info on that forum as well,sorry guy's should have dropped that link on here,since over half of everybody is there.
Eric
Old 05-01-2006, 04:18 PM
screener
Banned

Ok everyone I got a call From Don the general manager at Gainesville Raceway today.We were discussing the track design we were allowed to use.He approved #2 of the original track designs,so we will be running on the design everyone seems to prefer.

Now another part of our discussion I do not agree with was when he started changing the off track rules.Here are the rules I signed to in the lease and posted for everybody and what they stated would get you kicked off the track for the rest of the day.

Now what he told me today was if someone goes off track with 1 or more tires 3 times a day will be kicked off.When I questioned him on the rules I already read and signed then posted for everyone not being the same he is telling me now.He stated he has had people out there tearing the track up by dropping a inside wheel off to cut the corner and he's not having that anymore.Saying that it has been costing him too much to fix the track.Well I had every intension of running tight in the corner and dropping off the inside unloaded tire in the grass at certain turns once in awhile.So we are going to have to basicly treat this event very cautious.I do not see any fastest lap comp. happening at there guy's this kinda stuff just has me a little upset.Dropping 1 damn tire off whether it be an inside front or outside rear on exit is not anything other than running hard through the corner to find your limit for that particular corner.I'm done ranting I know it's still going to be fun as hell out there guy's. I myself just do not like things changing on the fly and after they have me signing something that is different than what they are telling me now.
Eric
Old 05-01-2006, 06:08 PM
cj350

Ok everyone I got a call From Don the general manager at Gainesville Raceway today.We were discussing the track design we were allowed to use.He approved #2 of the original track designs,so we will be running on the design everyone seems to prefer.

Now another part of our discussion I do not agree with was when he started changing the off track rules.Here are the rules I signed to in the lease and posted for everybody and what they stated would get you kicked off the track for the rest of the day.

Now what he told me today was if someone goes off track with 1 or more tires 3 times a day will be kicked off.When I questioned him on the rules I already read and signed then posted for everyone not being the same he is telling me now.He stated he has had people out there tearing the track up by dropping a inside wheel off to cut the corner and he's not having that anymore.Saying that it has been costing him too much to fix the track.Well I had every intension of running tight in the corner and dropping off the inside unloaded tire in the grass at certain turns once in awhile.So we are going to have to basicly treat this event very cautious.I do not see any fastest lap comp. happening at there guy's this kinda stuff just has me a little upset.Dropping 1 damn tire off whether it be an inside front or outside rear on exit is not anything other than running hard through the corner to find your limit for that particular corner.I'm done ranting I know it's still going to be fun as hell out there guy's. I myself just do not like things changing on the fly and after they have me signing something that is different than what they are telling me now.
Eric
pm me or call me with the hotel info plz
Old 05-01-2006, 07:07 PM
screener
Banned

Originally Posted by cj350
pm me or call me with the hotel info plz
Will do when I know where I will be staying at.Just not enough people wanted to say whether they were going to need a room.So getting a group discount is in the past.I might just get a room at the Hilton were Michael and Levent will be staying.

Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
1714 SW 34th street
Gainesville,FL.32607
phone# 352-371-3600

EDIT As of 11:15 tonight May 1st I have booked my room at this Hotel along with Michael and Levent.

Last edited by screener; 05-01-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:25 PM
98intrigue

I don't have any track experience.

My friend, Brian, had been around Sebring a few times.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:53 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

i will book mine this week too then.

Quick Reply: Official Gainesville road course June 3 sign up