MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   South East (https://my350z.com/forum/south-east-33/)
-   -   2007 Z National Convention (ZCON) Info (https://my350z.com/forum/south-east/241904-2007-z-national-convention-zcon-info.html)

westpak 01-09-2007 05:38 PM

2007 Z National Convention (ZCON) Info

Ok things are moving along and more info is available:

Agenda
Sunday, September 30
Pre-registration
Mad Mike’s Pre-Convention Kickoff

Monday, October 1
Registration Open
Vendor Set Up at Daytona International Speedway (DIS)
Detailing Day at Daytona International Speedway
Opening Reception at Daytona Beach Hilton
Texas Chili Party, Flip-Flops on the Beach Style

Tuesday, October 2
Registration Open
Car Show at Daytona International Speedway
Nissan Historic Legends of Racing
Photo Shoot at the Oval
Autocross (A) at Daytona International Speedway
Concours ‘d Elegance Reception
First and second leg (AutoX & Car Show) of the FZA Challenge
Free Evening

Wednesday, October 3
Registration Open
Skip Barber Course Track School and Hot Lapping at DIS
Autocross (B) at Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Z-Week Street Party Social
FZA Challenge third leg of the competition - Drag Race at Orlando Speed World

Thursday, October 4
Area Attraction Tours
Beach Cruise
Fun Rally beginning at Daytona Nissan
End Rally Party at Bruce Rossmeyers Harley Davidson

Friday, October 5
Schedule beach events
Area Attraction Tours
Closing Banquet & Awards

You can get more info on the event plus registration details by clicking on this link http://flza.com/convention_info.htm

westpak 01-16-2007 04:19 AM

Convention update... Important!

If you haven't registered yet, please do so soon! Registration enthusiasm has been amazing and some of the capped events are filling up fast (this includes the judged ZCCA car show!) http://flza.com

PLEASE READ BELOW!!! IMPORTANT!!!

If you register for the convention and your paypal payment is not received you will receive an email with payment instructions. We have your information and it is marked as "pending payment". We cannot hold spots in the capped events (like lapping, autox, judged car show etc) until your payment is received. They are filling up quickly so we recommend sending payment asap. Also, it makes bookkeeping and administration easier for us when we don't have to keep track of pending payments.

For instance the judged car show is around 50% full at this time! Yes you heard right! With registration only having been open for 9 days this should give you an idea of how quickly things are filling up!!

MoodDude 02-12-2007 11:44 AM

Just an FYI - the Saturday (Oct 6th) hot lapping day at Sebring is run by Chin Motorsports. Chin sells out their events months in advance, so if you want to drive this event - don't wait. I will be driving my Z both Saturday and Sunday, yet won't make the rest of ZCON (work).
For example - the Chin Event @ Sebring (April 14th) has been posted for sign ups for 2 days - the Novice group is already sold out and they have a total 33 openings left!

westpak 02-28-2007 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by MoodDude
Just an FYI - the Saturday (Oct 6th) hot lapping day at Sebring is run by Chin Motorsports. Chin sells out their events months in advance, so if you want to drive this event - don't wait. I will be driving my Z both Saturday and Sunday, yet won't make the rest of ZCON (work).
For example - the Chin Event @ Sebring (April 14th) has been posted for sign ups for 2 days - the Novice group is already sold out and they have a total 33 openings left!

Too bad you will miss the convention, not sure how many will be going to Sebring since it is not an "official" convention event, I will definelty be doing the lap day at Daytona.

For those going to the convention things are filling up, over half already.

z327 03-01-2007 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by westpak
Too bad you will miss the convention, not sure how many will be going to Sebring since it is not an "official" convention event, I will definelty be doing the lap day at Daytona.

I'm signed up....look forward to seeing the Florida crew.

MoodDude 03-01-2007 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by westpak

Everyone should try to make the Sebring event. Sebring is one of the first road coarses in the US and has a long history and is still one of the top road coarses in the country. Sebring is much more exciting to drive than Daytona. And Chin does an excellent job on making sure eveyone is safe and has a really exciting and fun day! If you have never driven a road coarse, I would highly suggest you try it with Chin as they give you your own instructor for the day (most other organizations the instructor has two students) and they limit the number of cars.
And if you have driven a road coarse but not Sebring, be ready to take a long time learning the track at it is one of the largest tracks in the US, which makes it a blast to drive. Nothing like coming through turn 17 full throttle!!!

westpak 03-01-2007 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by MoodDude
Everyone should try to make the Sebring event. Sebring is one of the first road coarses in the US and has a long history and is still one of the top road coarses in the country. Sebring is much more exciting to drive than Daytona. And Chin does an excellent job on making sure eveyone is safe and has a really exciting and fun day! If you have never driven a road coarse, I would highly suggest you try it with Chin as they give you your own instructor for the day (most other organizations the instructor has two students) and they limit the number of cars.
And if you have driven a road coarse but not Sebring, be ready to take a long time learning the track at it is one of the largest tracks in the US, which makes it a blast to drive. Nothing like coming through turn 17 full throttle!!!

I have done Sebring about 5 times, a couple with Chin and I agree it is a great track tons of fun (see pic) and Chin is a great club, but I can do Sebring plenty of times during the year, at least 15 times during 2007 with Chin and other clubs but the ZCON will only be once this year and maybe a lifetime who knows, and none of the clubs including Chin do Daytona, plus it is ALL Z's.

http://www.sfzcc.com/gus/IMG_5827a.JPG

MoodDude 03-02-2007 05:57 AM

Well if it is picture time - how about Turn 17 at full throttle

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...UnderFront.jpg

westpak 03-14-2007 06:43 PM

Breaking News...
Due to overwhelming demand for the Auto-X and to allow for more track time on Track Day, we have made some enhancements to our Motorsports schedule.
(More information is available at http://flza.com/AutoX.htm).

We will eliminate the Tuesday afternoon Auto-X (A) all together, but add a full day of Auto-X on Thursday. That will give us a full day of Auto-X on Wednesday inside the track at DIS, and a full day on Thursday at the SCCA site at the Deland Airport. It will work like this:

Wednesday - will be a full day of non-classed autoxing to be held on the Super Skid Pad, just off NASCAR turn #2. It is a smooth asphalt area over 1100 feet long by 190 feet wide. This is a 'run what you brung' day that will all about having fun and honing your skills. Individual timing will be offered and bragging rights will rule. If you are in the Wednesday Auto-x, you cannot also be entered in the Lapping event on the Skip Barber course. It is one or the other for Wednesday, but don't worry, here comes Thursday..

Thursday - is the Auto-x full day competition at Deland Airport which is about a 35 minute drive from DIS. This is a fully competitive autoX which is a first for a ZCCA convention! On this day you will be classed per the classifications listed on our website at http://flza.com/AutoX.htm

Please note the adjusted agenda reflecting this Motorsports schedule change. For all of you that signed up for Tuesday (Auto-X "A") you will be contacted via phone or email to see how to adjust to the new schedule. Remember if you are in the Lapping Event on Wednesday, you cannot be in the Wednesday Auto-X, but if you are not in the Lapping Event, you can Auto-X both Wednesday and Thursday!

The Ultimate Z Challenge will consist of 3 events.
Does your car have what it takes to be the Ultimate Z? …Good looks AND competent in a straight line as well as in the turns? We’ll see during the FZA Challenge!

1. On Tuesday your car will be part of the car show and judged based on different rules that are geared toward, cleanliness, innovation, over-all execution, engineering innovation etc. This criteria is completely different than the ZCCA judged car show and will have a different group of judges responsible for the judging
2. On Wednesday night cars participating in the Challenge will be drag racing at Orlando Speed World. All cars should arrive at the track by 5pm. Spectators should arrive by 5:45pm
3. On Thursday the final leg of the competition will take place at Deland Airport which is the AutoX. All Challenge cars will be in the same class. This class is considered “open” since all cars in the challenge are competing against each other.

ZU L8R 03-14-2007 07:23 PM

Registered!!!

y_b_lamron 03-15-2007 08:37 AM

Hey Gus, I was talking to Ron during the last Z Fest and he was saying you may need help with registration. The guy that was was coming to our club meetings that was working the convention is no longer coming around.

Do you know if any help is needed anywhere?

westpak 03-15-2007 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by y_b_lamron
Hey Gus, I was talking to Ron during the last Z Fest and he was saying you may need help with registration. The guy that was was coming to our club meetings that was working the convention is no longer coming around.

I am sure there is always a need, contact Scott Blankeship, if you need his email, recently changed it, pm me and I will get it to you.

westpak 04-10-2007 04:39 AM

Things are filling up so make sure you get your registration in.

ZLadie2000 04-14-2007 06:42 PM

subscribed

rich harris 04-14-2007 08:00 PM

I'm in already Registered!!!

bofa 04-15-2007 06:14 PM

Damn.. I wish there was more stuff on the weekends. I may try to make it down for the road rally.. it depends on what time my flight arrives Friday morning. Any idea what time it will take place? Do I need to register if just participating in this event?

Rob-84AE 04-16-2007 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by y_b_lamron

Nikki, not sure if I am the "Ron" you spoke with at Z-fest last year but yes, we do need help. I'm not doing registration for Z-con but I am doing the car show and vendor setup. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will get you more information.

y_b_lamron 04-23-2007 04:32 PM

ahh, may be it was you Rob! I'm sorry :o

If you're the one that I helped with registration at Z-Fest than I was referring to you. I am taking a look at my schedule to see what it looks like. I know I have a convention for work in Cali during October but I am not sure of the dates yet.

I will let you know when I find out!

trackpilot 05-11-2007 01:05 PM

I better have another f'n Z by then. If not i'll have to pimp my svt contour FTMFL!!!!!!

masterj26 05-11-2007 01:27 PM

FWIW the lapping day is full, but you can email them and get your name on the waiting list. I got on it a few weeks ago and I am #4 in line.