Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

350Z Colorado track day discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Shogun
Charter Member #54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to keep up hope that the weather people that are predicting some snow on Friday and or Saturday are very wrong. Depending on where I look for info., I get different predictions whether there will be snow or rain or no mention of precipitation.
I'm hoping the forecast on this board is the correct one.

Looking forward to seeing everybody Sunday,..............if it's dry.

Joe
Old 02-12-2003, 09:56 PM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's hoping for dry weather. I've seen conflicting weather reports, too, but as we get closer to the weekend, more of them seem to be in agreement that the general chance for rain or snow is in the 20-40% range.

The unfortunate thing is that, even if it doesn't snow on Sunday, any rain or snow that we get on Friday or Saturday could make it difficult to drive the 100 miles to Pueblo (at least for those of us that don't have snow tires.) I guess we'll have to play it by ear, and come up with some sort of communication plan if we have to cancel.

If the weather cooperates, I'll plan on being at the rest stop between 9:30 and 9:45. I'll be coming from the north side of town, though, and I'm not sure how far outside of Denver that rest stop is, so don't wait for me if I'm not there by 9:45. I'll catch up.

I'll see everyone Sunday (weather permitting.)

Gary
Old 02-14-2003, 01:00 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 1,311 Likes on 910 Posts
Default Sunday update

Finally got back into Denver and have started to get geared up for the weekend. Weather reports I'm seeing call for clear weather by Sunday with temps in the 40-50 degree F range. Called the PMI track manager to confirm the track's availability and condition for Sunday. He said the track would be ready, but that we might have some company. A Mitsubisihi 3000GT group was supposed to have a track day last Sunday, but got snowed out. Hence, they have rescheduled for this Sunday.

If we approach this right, that shouldn't be a show-stopper. The track manager said the 3000GT group is only made of "about 6" cars and none are experienced racers. That means that we can still do some of our initial exercises, only at low(er) speeds in the paddock area. Next, I'll attempt to coordinate with the 3000GT guys, so we don't step on each others toes. Finally, if things get too busy, we'll try to alternate groups on the track. I remain confident that we will still get plenty of track time.

Hard to believe, but track time is already beginning to fill up for the year (and we're in Colorado)!

GaryM05- got your PM and apologizes for not responding sooner. I'll try to give you a call later this evening and we'll talk about your track prep.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:42 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 1,311 Likes on 910 Posts
Default The day is here!

I'm writing this as of Sunday morning. The cold weather has given way to a beautiful, sunny morning. While we'll have to be careful heading to the track, I'm fully expecting that we will have an excellent outing for our second 350Z meet. More postings after our return from PMI.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Shogun
Charter Member #54

Had a leisurely dinner before coming home hoping to find some posts to read and elaborate on.

Simply put, another great day with fellow Colorado based 350Z owners.

Thank you David for the instructions as well as the eye-opening ride as to how smooth our cars can be driven in capable hands.

Absolutely amazing how much your confidence level rises with each and every lap as you familiarize yourself with the track's layout.

Lunch was delicious. Thanks again Bob. However, I could hardly stand myself on the drive home.

Perfect day, couldn't have asked for more.

Okay everyone, Elaborate.

Joe
Old 02-17-2003, 11:13 AM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Joe, it was a great day at the track.

I think it might be a good idea to start a new thread in the Racing forum for our post-trackday impressions so that they'll be more visible to others who track (or are considering tracking) their Z. I'll try to post more detailed impressions of our day at Pueblo in that forum when I get a chance later today.

Gary

Last edited by GaryM05; 02-17-2003 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:46 PM
paZtoy
Site Sponsor

Guys,

Just had to let everyone know what a fantastic time my son and I had on sunday. It was great to meet all of you .

David thanks for the exelent driving instruction (now if only I can remember it all when the time comes). It's amazing how you can take any car ,even one with SNOW TIRES on it, and beat the pants off of everyone out there. to all of you who didn't get attend on sunday you missed the ride of a lifetime. Getting to see frist hand from the passenger seat just how FAST and SMOOTH this car can be driven. What a ride!!

Bob thanks again for the mags. and for the great lunch,Sorry that you had to leave so early.

It WAS the most fun you could have and still keep your clothes on.

Come on fellow COLO. Z-ers lets get a bigger group together for the next get together
Old 02-19-2003, 04:47 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE]Originally posted by paZtoy
[B]Guys,

Bob thanks again for the mags. and for the great lunch,Sorry that you had to leave so early.

You know, I hate it when I run out of drugs.

Bob
Old 02-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Shogun
Charter Member #54

We're not really fond of you running out of drugs either.

Joe