Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Attention Colorado Z owners...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 03:45 AM
onecoolee

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Attention Colorado Z owners...

This same thread was posted in the A/V upgrades section.

Hello,
I am currently working on a nav upgrade project in conjunction with a company located in Englewood, called Typhoon Electronics (video-nav.com). They are located relatively close to the Denver area. This nav upgrade will allow you to play DVDs on your nav screen via a seperate source, and basically allows you to add 2 seperate audio/video sources to play through the factory stereo, with the video being displayed on the nav screen. Its a great upgrade, but we will need some help to get it completed.
I took on this project hoping that there was nothing significantly different about the Z's factory nav system compared to what they have done in the past, or what their competitors like Toyota/Lexus offer. We have found some differences in signals and communications between the nav control and nav screen, which have been difficult to interface their existing product offernings to. So, they are being forced to revamp their current product to be compatible with the Z. Due to these problems, the engineers located in Denver, and myself (in Pennsylvania), are now having trouble getting all of the minor problems fixed. Unfortunately, we have a major problem with communications, due to the distance between their facility, and me (and my Z). They really need to look at my car, and the install, and the nav system to get the final product done. This is impossible, unless I find someone willing to get the same nav system upgrades, and is looking for a dvd playability solution over the nav system.

They are offering the nav interface device at a severely reduced cost, providing you allow them to install the device. You will need your own dvd source, but you can work out the details with them. This is the only way we have determined to get a solution to this problem, and I am hoping that I can find someone willing to pay a little for this nice upgrade (final cost should be around $500-600 including an economy mobile dvd source).

What you will need:
1. 2003 350Z with factory nav system (Touring model preferred)
2. A DVD source, like a PS2 system
3. Willingness to allow these upgrades to be installed in your car
4. A little cash and a little patience.

Please get back to me if anyone expresses any interest in this business venture...I would greatly appreciate it. You will be quite impressed with the end result, and the guys at Typhoon are great to work with. Most likely, once the solution is available, there may be a group discount option for members of this forum, but I can't guarantee anything until we have it working.

I look forward to hearing from anyone in the Colorado (Denver) area, who has been considering an upgrade to the factory NAV system. Thanks for the help!