Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

15 years ago

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 08:03 PM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 15 years ago

It's now been 15 years (as of last Sunday) since I took delivery of my life-changing 350Z as the first one delivered in Colorado.

I was just reading through my 10-year thread and still have all the same feelings even now as I sit in the same chair I did when I was writing that post 5 years ago, though I find those feelings are now just a bit more bittersweet as I remember what life was like back then and how things have gone. I'm still in touch with dkmura, and see Mudd's exotic-car updates on Facebook, but have sadly lost touch with the rest of that great crowd from back then.

Those days of mountain drives, track days, holiday meetups, and friends made, will always give me great memories no matter where life ends up going. I don't think there's another car community anywhere that could give the same feeling, and I'm extremely thankful to have known this one. I wouldn't trade a moment of it for anything (even though I had no idea any of that would happen when I bought the car - I was just looking for a fun sports car to have)!

Wherever the old Denver crew is now, I hope everyone's doing well and remembers those times as fondly as I do!

I'm looking forward to making another post in 5 years!
The following users liked this post:
dkmura (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 03:43 AM
carbuffguy

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryM05
It's now been 15 years (as of last Sunday) since I took delivery of my life-changing 350Z as the first one delivered in Colorado.

I was just reading through my 10-year thread and still have all the same feelings even now as I sit in the same chair I did when I was writing that post 5 years ago, though I find those feelings are now just a bit more bittersweet as I remember what life was like back then and how things have gone. I'm still in touch with dkmura, and see Mudd's exotic-car updates on Facebook, but have sadly lost touch with the rest of that great crowd from back then.

Those days of mountain drives, track days, holiday meetups, and friends made, will always give me great memories no matter where life ends up going. I don't think there's another car community anywhere that could give the same feeling, and I'm extremely thankful to have known this one. I wouldn't trade a moment of it for anything (even though I had no idea any of that would happen when I bought the car - I was just looking for a fun sports car to have)!

Wherever the old Denver crew is now, I hope everyone's doing well and remembers those times as fondly as I do!

I'm looking forward to making another post in 5 years!
How about a then and now picture?...