Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

angeles forest cruise/run--EXCITING NEW ROUTE!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:24 AM
arodbrs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ..

i'll go with my z if joey sells me his wheels.................................
Old 03-07-2007, 09:10 AM
joey3am

Originally Posted by arodbrs
haha, it's funny you mention that....cuz i'm really considering selling them. i'm still thinking about it, though....you will be the first i let know if i do.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:40 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nismo33
Totally agree with you on that man. Especially with the scattered showers that just happened. Not to mention that on the news it said with the onshore flow there's a chance of rain.

If you guys insist on going try to group the slow in the back and the fast in the front. Keep in mind that any of you that are pushing you cars up there to give each other ample room. Radios help too. For the cop thing yes there are days that they aren't there, but the way the catch you is time you somewhere at the bottom and another will check your time again at a random section. If you get there a little to quick then say hello to a ticket.

By no means am I detering any of you going. Just giving some friendly advice from past personal experince. Have fun and be safe.
umm thanks for all the advice but we've done this before, quite a few times.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:20 AM
arodbrs

Default ..

what would happen if dirty raced joey.................i wonder who would win.... can i tape the race????
Old 03-07-2007, 11:17 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

dude if anyone tried to 'race' up little tujunga, they'd fall off the damn mountain.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:24 AM
joey3am

i don't remember dirty having mods?

have you got any, dirty?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:38 AM
SOCAL350

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz
Thats what the guy said who re ended me..........better go knock on wood.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 PM
FastZ33

hey dirt whree do u live?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:23 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Just my 2 cents since you solicited us on the 818 thread

dude if anyone tried to 'race' up little tujunga, they'd fall off the damn mountain.
Exactly how fast do you guys go up there? (not a jab at all)

Originally Posted by SOCAL350
Thats what the guy said who re ended me..........better go knock on .
LMAO I know Dozer (OG one) had a front row seating like you did. Too funny the guy actually said "uuuuhhhhhh did I hit you..."
Old 03-07-2007, 12:39 PM
SOCAL350

I loved that guys ego.........."I know what im doing" then the fool hit me. Ive been driving since most these kids were gut stains in their moms panties but im never going to say im so pro that it couldnt happen..........why? because $hit happens at all levels.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:01 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

i'm sorry.. i didnt mean to sound egotistical at all. i just meant that we know to keep enough distance [this is something i put the MOST stress on when organizing runs/cruises] and not push ourselves beyond our limits, as we've driven angeles crest quite a few times already. thanks for the advice and well wishes.

joey--no mods except my valentine1

and whoever asked where i live-- la crescenta.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:24 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by SOCAL350
I loved that guys ego.........."I know what im doing" then the fool hit me. Ive been driving since most these kids were gut stains in their moms panties but im never going to say im so pro that it couldnt happen..........why? because $hit happens at all levels.
F-that let's bring the cars out and run part of this run with them. Lets see how they actually go on the canyons. If anything we can deviate to the old skool 818 route. Can give us a chance to test and tune your coil over settings. I also been meening to adjust my sways and coilovers up there. Maybe Nick would like to bring out the faster APS TT out.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:39 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by Sensi09
You are always so negative in your posts. If you don't want to go, then don't go. You can get tickets and rock chips basically anywhere, so that shouldn't dissuade anyone from going.
He's not being negative at all. If anything he is conveying his past experience like alot of the older members here try to do. The last thing we all want to see is someone getting an excess amount of tickets or worse yet lose the car. Did any of you guys know that there was a Z that went off angeles crest not too long ago. I'd like to say almost a year and a few months ago.

Virg
Old 03-07-2007, 01:40 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by arodbrs
Oh hey you miss your old 20" wheels
Old 03-07-2007, 02:00 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

please don't get antagonistic about this. as i said, your advice is appreciated. but better yet, camaraderie and hands-on lessons/counsel from 'older members' would be more than welcome, i'm sure. it just seems that the older crew likes to dole out a lot of really discouraging advice, and then get angry when the rest of us say yeah, we know, but we're going to go run canyons anyway.
please don't feel like you have to come out and show us how it's done. i don't want there to be random unnecessary drama going on. just come out, fraternize with everyone [as in... try to deviate from your old school cliques a little... we may be 'noobs' but.... we're all here cuz we love our cars] and let's have a good time.

[/soapbox dissertation]
Old 03-07-2007, 02:40 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Default Remember respect is earned

please don't get antagonistic about this. as i said, your advice is appreciated. but better yet, camaraderie and hands-on lessons/counsel from 'older members' would be more than welcome, i'm sure. it just seems that the older crew likes to dole out a lot of really discouraging advice, and then get angry when the rest of us say yeah, we know, but we're going to go run canyons anyway.
please don't feel like you have to come out and show us how it's done. i don't want there to be random unnecessary drama going on. just come out, fraternize with everyone [as in... try to deviate from your old school cliques a little... we may be 'noobs' but.... we're all here cuz we love our cars] and let's have a good time.

[/soapbox dissertation]

Remember respect is earned

Your past comments dont seem to appreciate any of our comments and really appreciation is the last of my concern.

Please I've helped out a number of noobs and welcomed them to the 818. I've done installs and acquired parts for a number of noobs, members, and moderators at a significant discount.

Dont give me the 818 clique thing or the old skool clique thing. I was a noob to in the start and made an effort to get to know 818'rs. I earned my respect with them. If any noob wanted to hang with us they are welcome but we dont hold back on our comments.

You misread my comment about comming out. what I said was
F-that let's bring the cars out and run part of this run with them. Lets see how they actually go on the canyons.
I'm curious to see how you guys handle youselves in the canyon. I have reservations as a couple of the newbs thought it would be smart to actually go 130 +mph after the santa anita meet. All we need is more heat for the cars and send us to the smog ref. Some of the members cars aren't as modded and not likely to get sent to the smog ref, but actions of other members can send my buddies and I there

Last edited by nismo33; 03-07-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:28 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

hm. nothing i say will placate you. i give up. you're right, i'm completely in the wrong.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:47 PM
06r33z

F-that let's bring the cars out and run part of this run with them. Lets see how they actually go on the canyons. If anything we can deviate to the old skool 818 route. Can give us a chance to test and tune your coil over settings. I also been meening to adjust my sways and coilovers up there. Maybe Nick would like to bring out the faster APS TT out.
yeah thats fine bring these cars out. just because were not "old school people" doesent mean we dont know anything about these canyons.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:58 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by 06r33z
yeah thats fine bring these cars out. just because were not "old school people" doesent mean we dont know anything about these canyons.
dude I never claimed that all newbs can't drive. hell there probably a lot of newbs that can drive better/faster. my point was does everybody in this run can run safely. you go faster then fin stay in front of the pact. we are not there to show anyone up.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:04 PM
06r33z

dude I never claimed that all newbs can't drive. hell there probably a lot of newbs that can drive better/faster. my point was does everybody in this run can run safely. you go faster then fin stay in front of the pact. we are not there to show anyone up.
thats a given to have the faster pack in the front, and slower to the rear.
we let everyone know how these canyons are as you can read from the first post that little T is a very trick canyon. i personally dont know everyone who is coming so i wouldnt be able to tell you if they run safely

Quick Reply: angeles forest cruise/run--EXCITING NEW ROUTE!!