Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

horrible experience at performance nissan.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:25 AM
iceman21_23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A bunch of cry babies? wow, if they forgot to put the dipstick back in your vehicle no matter what you drive. You would be pissed
Old 01-20-2008, 01:21 AM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

I hate being lied to.

That being said, if Tim was there, I don't see how the service could have gone faster. The techs and the people in the back determine how long a service takes.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:50 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that's why i hate lube techs at dealerships. They can care less what happens. the one at my previoius dealer use to put 1qt more oil than what is suppose to be in the car. I even tell him that it's the wrong amount but he is too lazy to drain out some oil and leaves it like that. Just do your oil change yourself.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:02 AM
michaeljr6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

op + tim = love
Old 01-20-2008, 06:08 AM
pss350z

Originally Posted by JAMEZ
Damn bro, sorry to hear that. I'm sure they'll make it right.

I highly doubt it since buddy lied right off the bat.

At the end of the day they really don't give a damn as long as they made a buck off you. If they "try" to make it right it will only be to get you back to spend more money.

I spent 2.5 hours at a dealership for an oil change before.......I never went back. Sooner or later every dealership will do something to **** you off so just go with the one that causes the least aggrevation.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:59 AM
9kFever

Originally Posted by pss350z
I highly doubt it since buddy lied right off the bat.

At the end of the day they really don't give a damn as long as they made a buck off you. If they "try" to make it right it will only be to get you back to spend more money.

I spent 2.5 hours at a dealership for an oil change before.......I never went back. Sooner or later every dealership will do something to **** you off so just go with the one that causes the least aggrevation.
WCN and Performance Nissan aren't your typical dealers. Im sure tim will try to make it right. Probably a free oil change next time you come in. A

Sensi09-I sort of agree but disagree. I often see the opposite. If cars are dropped off and the owners leave I have seen my car snuck in front of theirs many times.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:56 PM
jkim1978

i"m sure Performance nissan will make it right.... that's what the service manager said when he called me yesterday.....

but the thing is.... i already have this low oil consumption which is constantly in the back of my mind and i am constantly worried about that issue which is the reason why i go to a dealer to do a low oil consumption test everytime i get an oil change to see if there was any drop, and now i'm sure its just some oil burning from my engine but ever since yesterday after driving my car for 30 minutes or so... my engine area starts to smoke and has this nasty oil burning smell.... they say that it will go away as soon as all the oil burns...

but now i have the low oil consumption problem to worry about and now the engine smoking to worry about... i just feel like crap....
Old 01-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Josef(Houston)

I think youve learned your lesson, dont go to dealers. DIY! I think your smart enough to do your own oil change, if you do care about your car...
Old 01-20-2008, 01:04 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by Josef(Houston)
I think youve learned your lesson, dont go to dealers. DIY! I think your smart enough to do your own oil change, if you do care about your car...
read dude...he obviously cares about his car. Thats why he HAS to take it to the dealer to get the oil consumption tested. Anyone who is dealing with this problem (like myself, the creater of the 2500+ post thread stickied in the Engine/Drivetrain section) knows that its important to get regular maintence documented at the dealer. Im on my third engine which is also bad and I am suing Nissan.

It also obvious he cares because he sounds like hes going to throw up after all his car has been through recently.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:27 PM
blastoff99

No excuse for not putting the dipstick back in. None. Same goes for lying.

That said, why did you continue to drive the car after you knew there was no dipstick in it? I would have made them bring it to ME, *right then.* And depending on their attitude and response time, I'd make a big stink with the regional Nissan rep.

Good luck to you.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:56 PM
jkim1978

that guy john didn't even call me back... i had to call him when he said that he would call me back...i don' t think i had any time to ask him why he lied because i was too mad at that point for my engine smelling like oil burning, driving without a dipstick and not calling me back....
Old 01-20-2008, 03:06 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by blastoff99
No excuse for not putting the dipstick back in. None. Same goes for lying.

That said, why did you continue to drive the car after you knew there was no dipstick in it? I would have made them bring it to ME, *right then.* And depending on their attitude and response time, I'd make a big stink with the regional Nissan rep.

Good luck to you.
ha regional Nissan rep. lol. Those people are useless!
Old 01-20-2008, 05:28 PM
ginobetterfly

i just bought my own oil on fri morning before work and took it to Bob's Auto Repair (redondo beach) for the change...

I dropped the car off, walked to breakfast, when i came back it was ready... paid $15 for service and went to work... done and done!

If you're near by, go there next time.. Bob is good people...

Oh yeah and def get some free shat from Tim when he calls
Old 01-21-2008, 08:42 AM
jkim1978

my friends a manager at a body shop near my house.. so i can get an oil change for free... because of the computer help i provide at the shop time to time... but the only reason i go to tim to get an oil change is because of the low oil consumption issue and the testing..... and that is the reason why i pay 39 buck for an oil change at the dealership and not go to my friends body shop....
Old 01-21-2008, 09:51 AM
MAR ONER

Ouch, this thread brings back old memories of what had happened to me with my motor. John is usually a very cool guy with me. He really did help me out, his name is John Kuo right? He's a Korean looking cat?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:55 AM
jkim1978

yeah... that's the guy...
Old 01-21-2008, 10:04 AM
jkim1978

Originally Posted by Freak
did you ask him why he lied?
john from performance nissan called me this morning to appologize and i finally asked him why he lied to me about a tool being left in my car... and he replied that that's what the technician told him.. then i asked did the technician say that he left a tool in my car? then john replies no... the technician told him to call me to bring my car back.... then i asked why did you say that there was a tool left in my car... he said that the technician told him to call me to bring my car back.. and thats what he assumed happened... which was a tool being left in my car... you don't assume about stuff like that.... there is a huge difference between a dipstick and a tool being left in my car.... by the way i love the oil burning smell after i park my car.... because of the oil that that spilled out because of the dispstick missing.... its still burning and its freakin annoying me.. anyways... i don't know who to believe... well anyways.. i wrote tim a private message and i referred him to this post... and tim told me to get back to him.. so i'm going to give him a call either today or sometime this week.. i'm just too pissed at performance nissan and that guy john....

john had good intentions when he called today to appologize... but when asked about the lie... he didn't make me feel any better

Last edited by jkim1978; 01-21-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Qualified techs I would think would have enough experience to remember to put the dip stick back in. I don't see any excuse for that at all considering your oil consumption problem. Consider yourself lucky the car did not run with no oil and caused damage to the engine. I would seriously consider taking your Z to another dealer. On thing that amazes me was the fact that they lied to you.........unacceptable
Old 01-21-2008, 11:18 AM
yahookendogg

just buy the oil yourself and goto a local mechanic. 1 hr for oil change is still too long. I don't remember getting a good service from a dealership, they always do something to **** u off from my experience.

Quick Reply: horrible experience at performance nissan.