Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Tri City Meet (Buena Park, La Habra, and La Mirada)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:36 AM
ChaChing350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Diamond Bar Target at 4pm, I'm in, looks like there's a lot of different plans going on... I'm pretty much cool to roll anywhere.. my g35 friend might come too.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:39 AM
m0nkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChaChing350z
Diamond Bar Target at 4pm, I'm in, looks like there's a lot of different plans going on... I'm pretty much cool to roll anywhere.. my g35 friend might come too.
Actually we are just hard to follow The plan for us is to meet at 4 in Target and roll down to LIFE and try to get a roll of spots... maybe camp there and save some for the other Z from La Habra cruise...

Guys, I'm seriously thinking if I should go for the reflash or not, help me out as i'm pretty new to boosts.

this reflash is suppose to take care of two problems:
1) Car running beyond rich (black smoke all the time)
2) Idle problem... car basicly stalls after idling for 20 minutes.

my evo is qualified for reflash (production date wise), but I don't have this engine idle problem at all like some other Evos. As for running rich, I'm thinking. If I add intakes, exhaust, UICP, LICP, etc. those are basically air mods. so + air into this running rich problem = more hp? Instead of lowering my fuel ratio then add more air... I'm not sure if it'll have any impacts.. and i dont think the reflash will save me much gas

of course when the EVO gets a tune, all these A/F mixes will be standard again, but I'm sure it'll take me awhile to save up for the tune.. at least half a year or so...

Cliff Note:
Reflash to lower Fuel ratio OR Air Mod + Running Rich better?
Old 11-13-2008, 08:33 AM
RRMikey

Don't they have something like a a/f controller that you can piggy-back onto the ecu to adjust the a/f ratio? I think that would be the easiest instead of doing the reflash, which costs a lot more $$$... and all those mods you do I don't think it will make THAT much of a difference to getting more air into your engine for the simple fact that if you are running THAT rich, you're going to need to ecu to physically tell the intake ports to take in more air. Am I wrong here?
Old 11-13-2008, 09:35 AM
m0nkie

^ AFR controller, I think that's out of my league right now... as of now, I'll do simple tunes and some gauges. First turbo car and first manual car... don't want to jump in the ocean without testing the water first.. hehe..

The reflash is free by dealer. I just don't know how much air the breathing mods can bring in to balance out the fuel, or am I running so rediculous rich that after reflash, it'll still be perfect.

I know the reflash won't hurt me, not like I'll run lean after modding, just wondering if I can squeeze in a few hp.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:23 AM
RRMikey

You'll get a few... I didn't know the reflash was from the dealer and it's free. hell go for it... free is good. FI cars tend to always run a little on the rich side. That's just a precaution so it would not go lean at higher rpm's. Is the reflash just a standard deal or is it going to be turned specifically for each car that is brought in?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:32 AM
m0nkie

^ It's standard flash from dealer for all Evox made April 08 or earlier... This is the second reflash Mitsubishi is offering. Dealers are packed with evoX waiting to be reflashed... I figured if I'd just run rich without much side effects and mods can lean it out, I'll just not reflash, go meet up with you guys earlier (prob wash my car too), and a future tune will take care of everything.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:48 AM
RRMikey

It's not good if you are just pouring black smoke out of your exhaust though... since it is free, maybe you should get it done. I'm just saying. I hated having blackness coming out of my exhaust... but that was the old car and turbo'd and burning oil was a problem for me.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:11 PM
m0nkie

Originally Posted by RRMikey
It's not good if you are just pouring black smoke out of your exhaust though... since it is free, maybe you should get it done. I'm just saying. I hated having blackness coming out of my exhaust... but that was the old car and turbo'd and burning oil was a problem for me.
Looks like I'll be sitting at the dealer.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:52 PM
RRMikey

^ you have a bangin' ride... don't f' it up... lol. Just wake up early and be their first to get there and get it done.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:59 PM
m0nkie

I can't... school Saturday till 12. But there's a Vietnamese chick! Smoking hot So I look forward to class every week...

So my schedule is going to be like this:
-School till 12
-Dealer till whenever (hopefully no later than 5)
-Meet you guys up in LIFE or Target if i'm out earlier.
-Maybe a good friend's Bday after, not 100% sure yet... but usually those shouldn't start till 9...
Old 11-14-2008, 12:07 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by m0nkie
^ AFR controller, I think that's out of my league right now... as of now, I'll do simple tunes and some gauges. First turbo car and first manual car... don't want to jump in the ocean without testing the water first.. hehe..

The reflash is free by dealer. I just don't know how much air the breathing mods can bring in to balance out the fuel, or am I running so rediculous rich that after reflash, it'll still be perfect.

I know the reflash won't hurt me, not like I'll run lean after modding, just wondering if I can squeeze in a few hp.
dude, AFC or bust... you will need a AFC anyways down the road when real tuning comes into play, it will save yu valuable dyno time...

FI cars tend to always run a little on the rich side.
hahahaa IF YOUR LUCKY

^ It's standard flash from dealer for all Evox made April 08 or earlier... This is the second reflash Mitsubishi is offering. Dealers are packed with evoX waiting to be reflashed... I figured if I'd just run rich without much side effects and mods can lean it out, I'll just not reflash, go meet up with you guys earlier (prob wash my car too), and a future tune will take care of everything.

dont run rich, get a afc hahahaa

its not that bad, but uhh, again... GET A AFC hahhaa

Looks like I'll be sitting at the dealer.
dont do it lolz

GET A AFC!

^ you have a bangin' ride... don't f' it up... lol. Just wake up early and be their first to get there and get it done.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:13 PM
RRMikey

I think what MX is saying is GET AN AFC!!!! hahaha. Yeah What I meant to say that the tune for FI cars are always a little rich. Not that the come that way. Sorry for the confusion. So out of the factory, the stock ecu should be a little rich, but not THAT rich. Just get it done m0nkie... it's free anyways bro.

AFC!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:09 PM
m0nkie

Holy Batman... Yes the AFC I got it!

Step by Step guys I don't plan to go cheap on the Evo but it's not exactly the richest time of the year... First I need to get some boost gauges running in there.

So we cool on Saturday? LIFE for sure right? I know a Sushi restaurant 5 minutes away that'll hook us up with 5$ Pitchers of Kirin / Jap Beer. So if you guys want to save a little $ (actually alot of money, cheaper sushi too), we can go there.. otherwise, Kan Pai double or nothing death matches

Last edited by m0nkie; 11-14-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Boba

You guys wanna meet at Life first then roll there together since a lot of us are not familiar with the place/some from out of city? That is if we decide to eat Sushi. We can also decide at Life as well.

By the way, monkey did you bought premium, or you won it? Oh, also, is your friend's bday at 9PM?
Old 11-14-2008, 04:28 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Holy Batman... Yes the AFC I got it!

Step by Step guys I don't plan to go cheap on the Evo but it's not exactly the richest time of the year... First I need to get some boost gauges running in there.

So we cool on Saturday? LIFE for sure right? I know a Sushi restaurant 5 minutes away that'll hook us up with 5$ Pitchers of Kirin / Jap Beer. So if you guys want to save a little $ (actually alot of money, cheaper sushi too), we can go there.. otherwise, Kan Pai double or nothing death matches
im down for saving some cash... but iono, if we cant go with the dice i am willing to pass hahaha...

well my girl works at a pretty tight place in long beach near the Aquarium... GREAT FOOD ALSO (dont wanna say name, we can discuss later, dont want some hater reporting what we are up to) if we go there and drink we can drink what ever we want as MUCH as you want for FREE... just tip her out like $10-$15 per person at the end of the night and its fair, but you get as much as you want from a bottle from bottom to top shelf! so keep that in mind.... some of her co-workers are fawkin hot also and they are super dope and love meeting new people! (**wink wink- nudge nugde )

Last edited by M6SXTZ; 11-14-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:34 PM
General_Malice

im down for some sushi or any type of munchies haha im down for some hot chicks too haha
Old 11-14-2008, 07:45 PM
m0nkie

Well let's meet at life to discuss... I don't think I want to head all the way to Long Beach though. too far to drive drunk home. Some other time, I'll find myself a DD and we'll drink! pound some patrons! With some hot chicks

Sushi place doesn't have dice... so maybe we'll stay at LIFE to drink. as for the party, I'll drink with you guys first... iono if the party is happening yet, she'll call me. But don't feel like going if its this last second.

I'll talk to you guys about my PM in person. basiclly I won it
Old 11-15-2008, 11:42 AM
RRMikey

Man, sushi and cheap beer sounds good... I'll be seeing you fellas at Target 4pm. Not going to the RedBull Drifting Championships until tomorrow for the finals.

m0nkie, bring the viet chick man... hahaha. Eye candy is always good...

Who's coming to this and has BBK on their car? I need to pick your brains a bit.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:58 AM
jubes

sorry guys I can't make it there again, my house is being threatened by the fires, so my family is like on evacuation watch...

I just got back from picking up my rears @ Nino's (jd714) pad and my mom called me saying I have to be home to help out just in case.. ehh this sucks.. whoever started these fires is f*cking up my weekend and my allergies
Old 11-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Boba

There's also a fire within 1-2 mile radius of my house in Chino. The smoke is humongous and frightening! I hope it's going to be alright...

edit: Will meet at Target @ 4 PM. Nelson you still coming to my house first?

By the way, avoid using the 60 freeway. Just got off phone with my friend and she said the freeway is very congested. Also, if you're coming from 60E, avoid Fullerton exit. There is a big dip that you won't make.

Last edited by Boba; 11-15-2008 at 01:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Tri City Meet (Buena Park, La Habra, and La Mirada)