Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

|| d e r a i l //

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:37 AM
m0nkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RRMikey
i am just curious if we can get the same consistancy with painting the lighter bronze over the black. you might have bronze rims, but in four different shades. you know what i mean? might as well look for a different maker of the rattle can paint that has the exact color you want.
Ill try to shop around this weekend.. but I really dont know if they make it..

actually looking at the calender.. Im free all week before leaving on Thur.. and if we get 3 more ppl to help, this should be a one day job only.

anyone have time from Sun-Wed? mainly Aloh whose got finals...

btw bff, the guy says he only has time to work on 2 cars a day.. so I told him u n me can do it together. maybe get a group shot of our cars.. Anthony, wanna ask if ur girl wanna be a model I feel weird with my own friends modeling my car.. its like ehhh..

Last edited by m0nkie; 06-05-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:45 AM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

tony, if you dont like the glossy finish, there are matte and satin clear coats. This way, you will still get the protection but just without the gloss finish.

If the shades are off, I highly doubt it will be easy to detect. The wheels are kind of far apart. I think the only way you could actually tell they were different is if tehy were right next to eachother. If we just use the same amount of layers of paint on all the wheels, the paint should match fine.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:51 AM
RRMikey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trust me, getting the shades right with paint is hard in this case. just get the right color so we don't have to deal with that whole issue.

i'm free on those days, or at least i CAN be free. just have to tell me which day in advance so i can check to see if i can shift my schedule around or something.

i don't mind if you got some hot female friends bff... they can model next to my car! haha... i didn't know chicks will be involved, but I LIKE IT!!! good looking out bff... haha
Old 06-05-2009, 11:53 AM
m0nkie

^ I think doing 1-2 thin layers of black just for the base color.. then 3-4 layers of bronze would be good.. then 2-3 layers of clear coat. I'll be sure to look at the matte clear coats.

Tue is good for me!

Mikey, Nelson are u guys free? this way the wheels can dry Wed, ill put them on Wed night and leave thur
Old 06-05-2009, 11:54 AM
m0nkie

Originally Posted by RRMikey
trust me, getting the shades right with paint is hard in this case. just get the right color so we don't have to deal with that whole issue.

i'm free on those days, or at least i CAN be free. just have to tell me which day in advance so i can check to see if i can shift my schedule around or something.

i don't mind if you got some hot female friends bff... they can model next to my car! haha... i didn't know chicks will be involved, but I LIKE IT!!! good looking out bff... haha
Alex is free Tue. Are u free Tue? I texted Nel to ask now

as for dark bronze, today or tomorrow I'll go thru Kragen Autozone and Walmart to see... looked online and haven't seen anyone use dark bronze.. so maybe they dont offer?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:01 PM
RRMikey

tuesday... hmmm... i have to check... but i will make it free even if i have some crap to do. this would have to be done after i get off of work tho. i'll try to leave early on tuesday so we can get your wheels done before you leave for new york.

as for the bronze... just try to find something you are happy with. i know dark bronze is kinda rare. but just find a shade that you are cool with and buy an extra can for touch up later or something. oh and like alex said... you can get the matte clear coat thingy... get that... so you don't get as many chips on the wheels when you start driving around.

hey for the your friends that want to be in the shoot.. i need pics man... gotta make sure they good lookin first! hahaha... your taste and mine might be different. lol
Old 06-05-2009, 12:08 PM
m0nkie

^im not using my friend.. lets use Anthony's friend or gf she works at HIN anyways right

What time do u get off work? cause we are going to need a good 3 hours minimum to do this with 4 people... each layer need at least 15 min to dry.. final layer probably need 30 min. before we can start on painting
Old 06-05-2009, 12:20 PM
RRMikey

hmm... i can be home at 3 pm... should be at your house or something at 3:30 pm or so.

bff, i mean heck if your friends are hot... i would rather have them instead of anthony's gf... that shiet is kinda weird man...
Old 06-05-2009, 12:27 PM
m0nkie

lol.. I'd rather have someone I completely don't know
Old 06-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Zenpato

6guys -1 ramen shop??? WTF!!???.....what the hell are u guys up to?? btw.. black duplicolor rim paint is a biach to find ,I'm going to paint my sister's rims when I get the chance dark gunmetal, But couldn't find black for underneath . I had to go with dark gray primer. It's not hard, painted a couple before. Just make sure to scuff up the wheels and use a tack cloth to remove all dust.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:43 PM
m0nkie

Really? black is hard to find? I'm going with dark primer... didn't know black was hard to find.. seems like everyone paint their rim black..

as for the 6 guys... none of the OG derail are part of it.. so iono what these youngsters are thinking

which grit sand paper did u use? people say nothing less than 400...
Old 06-05-2009, 12:46 PM
m0nkie

Tuesday at 3:00PM!!!

so far everyone is good with that time! thanks guys.. weather is cloudy.. should be good.. Alex, if you are free a little earlier, can you come by so I can take the rims off to start on the washing and jacking up the car? I'm gonna need to borrow the jacks.. and the tool to take the rim off I'm tooless right now
Old 06-05-2009, 12:46 PM
aloh

Originally Posted by m0nkie
Really? black is hard to find? I'm going with dark primer... didn't know black was hard to find.. seems like everyone paint their rim black..

as for the 6 guys... none of the OG derail are part of it.. so iono what these youngsters are thinking

its just jeff.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:47 PM
aloh

Tuesday at 3:00PM!!!

so far everyone is good with that time! thanks guys.. weather is cloudy.. should be good.. Alex, if you are free a little earlier, can you come by so I can take the rims off to start on the washing and jacking up the car? I'm gonna need to borrow the jacks.. and the tool to take the rim off I'm tooless right now
Sure, im free all day on tues. I'll be over around noon if thats cool. Text me your address.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Zenpato

yup 4 Kragens and 2 autozones ..were like" We don't carry black" I'm like "It's on your site!?? ..let me know if you find some. I think the youngsters need more female exposure . Oh yeah bumped into your homie Tony at Wesco..didn't know he worked there.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:51 PM
m0nkie

Originally Posted by Zenpato
yup 4 Kragens and 2 autozones ..were like" We don't carry black" I'm like "It's on your site!?? ..let me know if you find some. I think the youngsters need more female exposure . Oh yeah bumped into your homie Tony at Wesco..didn't know he worked there.
ya he's selling Nissan there.. you would have known if you came out more often!
Old 06-05-2009, 12:52 PM
m0nkie

Originally Posted by aloh
Sure, im free all day on tues. I'll be over around noon if thats cool. Text me your address.
cool thanks! I'll pm you the address
Old 06-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Zenpato

1 time was dremmel with a wire brush attachment then 800 -but clear coat was gone to **** on those . Another time was 600 for light scuffing , adhesion promoter , etching primer then 800 before paint. All depends on the condition of the wheels if they're in good condition they shouldn't need much prep work. Let me know if you need anymore help ..kinda getting sick of all this wedding stuff.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:06 PM
m0nkie

^ lol... we are gonna work on it Tue at 3:30ish.. if you wanna drop by for a beer n stuff.. you are welcome to come. I live around Mt Sac

btw.. check out this guy's wheel size.. seems pretty perfect to me.. im asking what springs he used.. also thats the new tail light.. hotness

18x10+15 Rs'

Old 06-05-2009, 01:09 PM
RRMikey

hahaha... isn't getting married suppose to be happy times?? well, maybe for your girl... but i don't see anything positive for the guys... lol. but congrats anyways rick. i know you just in it for the bachelor party. hahahhaa.

rick, let m0nkie know what's needed so he can get all the materials.

m0nkie... yeah chicks i don't know is cool. but it's weird when it somebody we know's gf... lol