Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego GTGs.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Mr Enzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
I think I feel a turtle head poking so let me know sooner rather then later..

Or you could just bag it up!!!!!

Did I go to far?????
Old 01-18-2005, 09:22 AM
protocav

i keep my tires at 36 or 37 psi cold, because it is recommended (by the tire manufacturer & inside the door jams). the factory recommends 36 psi (for the abs) not for comfort. also, you are at risk of blowing a tire out if you run it too low, because it heats it up too quickly. it is a little firm at 37 psi, but it is a sports car, and technically, you might get better gas mileage, due to the lower rolling resistance.

Chad

PS...the welder is finally working, so operation "make everything for my car is underway". let me know if you guys have any requests.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:25 AM
Mr Enzo

Originally posted by protocav
i keep my tires at 36 or 37 psi cold, because it is recommended (by the tire manufacturer & inside the door jams). the factory recommends 36 psi (for the abs) not for comfort. also, you are at risk of blowing a tire out if you run it too low, because it heats it up too quickly. it is a little firm at 37 psi, but it is a sports car, and technically, you might get better gas mileage, due to the lower rolling resistance.

Chad

PS...the welder is finally working, so operation "make everything for my car is underway". let me know if you guys have any requests.

Good info...thanks
Old 01-18-2005, 09:26 AM
MIAPLAYA

Chad

Hows the intake manifold coming?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:28 AM
g4s

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
I think I feel a turtle head poking so let me know sooner rather then later..

rob: i think its a popcorn chicken.

chad: any ideas on a spacer rather than a whole replacement? feasible?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:28 AM
JimRHIT

weld the wideband 02 bung into Kit's Crawford cats so that I can get his RTs from him please
Old 01-18-2005, 09:35 AM
MIAPLAYA

Or how bout weld the bung into my crossover pipe when I get my car back so I can install my AEM wideband..
Old 01-18-2005, 09:38 AM
JimRHIT

or both

oh yeah .... I need you to weld the H-pipe on my Borla together so that ish stops leaking ... stupid multi-piece system

lasty ... can you weld my hood closed so that I can stop modding
Old 01-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Mr Enzo

PS...the welder is finally working, so operation "make everything for my car is underway". let me know if you guys have any requests. [/B][/QUOTE]

Opened up the flood gates with this one!!! Might be able to pay for that cute little puppy now....just in time for valetines day....
Old 01-18-2005, 10:24 AM
protocav

if you guys bring me parts, i will be happy to work on them...seriously...i love welding. if you bring the parts on tuesdays, i can easily have them back by the next meet, or you could pick them up sooner, if you need them (kit, are you listening...test pipes). if you need something welded on your car, we can do it on a weekend at my house.

all the standard pricing applies, since there are materials costs here (electricity, gas, welding rod, tips, etc.).

Let me know, beeotches.

as far as the manifold, i keep changing my mind on the design, but i am still planning on doing it (although it is hard because crawford's new cast plenum is bad ****).

the spacer idea has been done by esprit, and i heard that they actually lost horsepower with it (although i don't know why). it would be a tough part to make since it is such a random shape. i would have to make an autocad drawing of it, and send it to a machinist. it would be impossible to measure, and get the hole spacing correct. i don't even know if the manifold i make will be feasible. i am trying to add torque, and make the runners as long as possible. there is not a lot of room, though...that's why i am thinking about it so much.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:29 AM
MIAPLAYA

if you guys bring me parts, i will be happy to work on them...seriously...i love welding. if you bring the parts on tuesdays, i can easily have them back by the next meet, or you could pick them up sooner, if you need them (kit, are you listening...test pipes). if you need something welded on your car, we can do it on a weekend at my house.

all the standard pricing applies, since there are materials costs here (electricity, gas, welding rod, tips, etc.).

Let me know, beeotches.

as far as the manifold, i keep changing my mind on the design, but i am still planning on doing it (although it is hard because crawford's new cast plenum is bad ****).

the spacer idea has been done by esprit, and i heard that they actually lost horsepower with it (although i don't know why). it would be a tough part to make since it is such a random shape. i would have to make an autocad drawing of it, and send it to a machinist. it would be impossible to measure, and get the hole spacing correct. i don't even know if the manifold i make will be feasible. i am trying to add torque, and make the runners as long as possible. there is not a lot of room, though...that's why i am thinking about it so much.
Yes the Crawford cast is sick but I want to see individual runners ie the KInetix alum. design that they never released...
Old 01-18-2005, 10:29 AM
JimRHIT

Chad,

I "could" measure the engine and make it perfect. ... with the trusty help of my FARO cmm.

BUT, I would have to take my car down to TJ and open it up in the middle of our PE area ... not gonna fly with Pioneer ... so nm on that on ... but it could be done.

Crawford's new cast plenem is very nice ... I will buy one if it is under $350 ... otherwise, I am just gonna get a used kinetix again ... I really miss that thing.

Chad .. what is the cost to weld the bungs on there?
Old 01-18-2005, 10:36 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by JimRHIT

Let me just say this...

Cost of welding a bung on a pipe (on car): $50 at local shop
Having a friend who knows a GRIP about your car do it: prcieless

Bottom line I know I'D pay Chad no less then $50 a bung just on principle. Consider of course that he doesn't have enough business to cover overhead immediately like most shops. OK now that I have removed Chads c@ck from my mouth was there anything else..
Old 01-18-2005, 10:37 AM
protocav

Originally posted by JimRHIT

Do you have the bungs, or do i need to get them?
Old 01-18-2005, 10:40 AM
protocav

thanks for the props rob. i appreciate it (i will have your check for 10% tonight [wink]).

that is an easy job, and i was thinking like 20 bucks for the labor, if i don't have to buy the bungs. i want to help out, not make your bungs hurt...if you know what i mean.

robert...less teeth next time.

Chad
Old 01-18-2005, 10:42 AM
MIAPLAYA

thanks for the props rob. i appreciate it (i will have your check for 10% tonight [wink]).

that is an easy job, and i was thinking like 20 bucks for the labor, if i don't have to buy the bungs. i want to help out, not make your bungs hurt...if you know what i mean.

robert...less teeth next time.

Chad
Gotcha..less teeth I keep forgetting....as for the bungs I have the one for mine as it comes with the AEM gauge kit thing...but I think in my cirumstance you may want to wait before you quote. I'm going to need it welded in one of the downpipes from the headers that are on the car. So yeah its going to be a pain in the @ss...
Old 01-18-2005, 10:45 AM
protocav

the bungs can't realistically be welded nicely, and completely while on the car. i am going to need to have the pipes on my bench. it might be a pain to take the pipe out, but we need to.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:54 AM
JimRHIT

yeah ... these would be off the car with the bungs provided ... a relatively easy tack .... on the car would obviously be more difficult.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:58 AM
MIAPLAYA

the bungs can't realistically be welded nicely, and completely while on the car. i am going to need to have the pipes on my bench. it might be a pain to take the pipe out, but we need to.
Damn...yeah thats going to suck..see look at the pipes...its going to be a PITA for that..
Attached Thumbnails San Diego GTGs.....-f65787d0.jpg  
Old 01-18-2005, 11:00 AM
MIAPLAYA

another..
Attached Thumbnails San Diego GTGs.....-f657879e.jpg  

Quick Reply: San Diego GTGs.....