MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/suspension-415/)
-   -   Top Speed PRO-1 coilovers $560. w/ FREE SHIPPING! (https://my350z.com/forum/suspension/547756-top-speed-pro-1-coilovers-560-w-free-shipping.html)

TS PRO-1 02-07-2012 03:04 PM

Top Speed PRO-1 coilovers $670. w/ FREE SHIPPING!

Best price out there for coilovers this good!

** Brand New TOP SPEED PRO-1 adjustable coilovers

Set of four (two front & two rear) - fits Nissan 350Z Z33 Fairlady 02-07 or
Infiniti G35 Coupe 03-07 / Nissan Skyline 350GT Coupe 02-07

*** Spring Rate Front 10 KG / Rear 7 KG

*** Actual coilover kit show in picture *** pearl orange / black color only ***

Has a 1 Year Warranty !!!

*** Free S/H in 48 States USA

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...zcoilovers.jpg

2004Black350z 02-07-2012 03:05 PM

Any reviews?

block8head 02-07-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z (Post 9597112)
Any reviews?

+1 on this.

I saw this on ebay also...

JaE35z 02-07-2012 05:59 PM

http://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-s...coilovers.html

red350track 02-08-2012 08:32 AM

adjustable stiffness?

JaE35z 02-08-2012 09:14 AM

yes, read that review..

cubs4worldseris 02-08-2012 09:32 AM

so these are "MDU" coilovers?

TS PRO-1 02-08-2012 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by cubs4worldseris (Post 9598195)
so these are "MDU" coilovers?

Yes, Master Damper Unit...

...just like the Tein ones...I'm guessing they made a knock-off of ours. :D

TS PRO-1 02-08-2012 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by JaE35z (Post 9597358)

Review: MDU Coilovers
I have yet to see a review for these and I wanted to make sure that others who are interested or on the fence can hear some first-hand impressions. So...

I picked up a set of MDU coilovers a few months back. I waited (and WAITED) until I finally got around to picking up a camber kit to go along with it.

Initial impressions of the product itself:

The parts come well packed and individually wrapped which I think is pretty much the norm. The quality and craftsmanship was top notch and the finish on them looked very nice. They are a nice ORANGE (were deep red) color with black springs. All of the necessary installation hardware came with them.

Install:

The install was very smooth and fairly straight forward. I did the camber kit install at the same time, so I was up into the wee hours of the morning (literally 3 AM ). I was happy to find that the spring bucket and upper spring mount fit perfectly into the MDU hardware. I was uncertain about the initial preload on the springs; after installing and driving I found that the preload needed to be adjusted since they were a bit loose.

I opted to go for a moderate drop. I'm not slammed by any means, but I definitely eliminated the majority of my wheel gap. I'm not looking to be SwangNBang anytime soon Ultimately I would say I dropped about 1.5 inches after the settling occured. I can fit 1 finger in front and I can barely jam 1 finger in the rear.

Driving Impressions:

The MDU's handle impressively on the road. I was careful with them after the initial install, but once I got my alignment done and was confident in them I started to test a few corners. Please note that I do not have after-market sways or any other suspension mods. I do, however, have the 05 sport sways.

It is literally a night and day difference from stock. I used to have quite a bit of body roll and it is all but gone now. Coming to a stop renders NO nose dive whatsoever. Oh, and this is all on medium stiffness (roughly). Overall, I am very happy with how they handle.

At higher speeds I do not notice any noise or clanking of any kind. The overall ride quality has, in my opinion, increased. I know that some people feel that the quality decreases with a drop, but I seem to have the opposite.

I have only bottomed out once so far and it was on a very steep driveway as I was backing out. Any smaller bumps, holes, etc. are all easily handled by the stiffness of the MDU's.

Overall:

Overall I am very pleased with these coils. The price can not be beat and the ride quality and drop is perfect. Like I said, I only went about 1.5 inches; however, these coils are capable of dropping the G further than it is even capable of being dropped..I'm not kidding. If you are looking for a coil that will allow you to take your G as low as it can go, the MDU is for you. I know that several clubs here in DFW are running these coils already and they focus strictly on stance, so that should tell you something.

I can freely say that I would recommend these to anyone and that I couldn't be happier! Below are a few pictures of the final drop. I had G's on both sides of me so I wasn't able to get a full side pic. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask!!

TS PRO-1 02-08-2012 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by TS PRO-1 (Post 9598343)
Review: MDU Coilovers
I have yet to see a review for these and I wanted to make sure that others who are interested or on the fence can hear some first-hand impressions. So...

I picked up a set of MDU coilovers a few months back. I waited (and WAITED) until I finally got around to picking up a camber kit to go along with it.

Initial impressions of the product itself:

The parts come well packed and individually wrapped which I think is pretty much the norm. The quality and craftsmanship was top notch and the finish on them looked very nice. They are a nice ORANGE (were deep red) color with black springs. All of the necessary installation hardware came with them.

Install:

The install was very smooth and fairly straight forward. I did the camber kit install at the same time, so I was up into the wee hours of the morning (literally 3 AM ). I was happy to find that the spring bucket and upper spring mount fit perfectly into the MDU hardware. I was uncertain about the initial preload on the springs; after installing and driving I found that the preload needed to be adjusted since they were a bit loose.

I opted to go for a moderate drop. I'm not slammed by any means, but I definitely eliminated the majority of my wheel gap. I'm not looking to be SwangNBang anytime soon Ultimately I would say I dropped about 1.5 inches after the settling occured. I can fit 1 finger in front and I can barely jam 1 finger in the rear.

Driving Impressions:

The MDU's handle impressively on the road. I was careful with them after the initial install, but once I got my alignment done and was confident in them I started to test a few corners. Please note that I do not have after-market sways or any other suspension mods. I do, however, have the 05 sport sways.

It is literally a night and day difference from stock. I used to have quite a bit of body roll and it is all but gone now. Coming to a stop renders NO nose dive whatsoever. Oh, and this is all on medium stiffness (roughly). Overall, I am very happy with how they handle.

At higher speeds I do not notice any noise or clanking of any kind. The overall ride quality has, in my opinion, increased. I know that some people feel that the quality decreases with a drop, but I seem to have the opposite.

I have only bottomed out once so far and it was on a very steep driveway as I was backing out. Any smaller bumps, holes, etc. are all easily handled by the stiffness of the MDU's.

Overall:

Overall I am very pleased with these coils. The price can not be beat and the ride quality and drop is perfect. Like I said, I only went about 1.5 inches; however, these coils are capable of dropping the G further than it is even capable of being dropped..I'm not kidding. If you are looking for a coil that will allow you to take your G as low as it can go, the MDU is for you. I know that several clubs here in DFW are running these coils already and they focus strictly on stance, so that should tell you something.

I can freely say that I would recommend these to anyone and that I couldn't be happier! Below are a few pictures of the final drop. I had G's on both sides of me so I wasn't able to get a full side pic. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask!!

PS: Thank You for the great review! :)

El gurple 02-08-2012 10:56 AM

I'll try them...how much shipped to 95123 for 08Z...

tookrzy4u192 02-08-2012 01:04 PM

How many levels of dampening adjustments are there?

I'm def. interested in these.

TS PRO-1 02-08-2012 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by red350track (Post 9598090)
adjustable stiffness?

Yes...18 way adjustable stiffness.

TS PRO-1 02-08-2012 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by El gurple (Post 9598372)
I'll try them...how much shipped to 95123 for 08Z...

These are regularly $599.99...

...your "my350z.com" cost = $560 - delivered (aka: free shipping!)

(hint: re-read the title of this thread) :)

LMK...

George at Top Speed
972-233-0888

TS PRO-1 02-09-2012 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by tookrzy4u192 (Post 9598560)
How many levels of dampening adjustments are there?

I'm def. interested in these.

18 levels of dampening adjustment.

George at Top Speed

tookrzy4u192 02-13-2012 03:15 PM

Just purchased them from your ebay store! Will leave feedback once they're here.

TS PRO-1 02-13-2012 03:21 PM

All PMs sent and all orders processed!

Thank you for your business...keep 'em coming!

BlueDragonZ 02-13-2012 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by TS PRO-1 (Post 9598631)
These are regularly $599.99...

...your "my350z.com" cost = $560 - delivered (aka: free shipping!)

(hint: re-read the title of this thread) :)

LMK...

George at Top Speed
972-233-0888

How about to Maui, HI 96732?

JaE35z 02-13-2012 04:07 PM

Hey George do you think its possible to purchase a front set or just the body without springs? Mine are siezed up and done in front

TS PRO-1 02-14-2012 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by JaE35z (Post 9606230)
Hey George do you think its possible to purchase a front set or just the body without springs? Mine are siezed up and done in front

PM sent.