MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   TCZOC (Treasure Coast Z Owners Club) (https://my350z.com/forum/tczoc-treasure-coast-z-owners-club-520/)
-   -   Good/Bad Local Shops/Dealers (https://my350z.com/forum/tczoc-treasure-coast-z-owners-club/405082-good-bad-local-shops-dealers.html)

cheshirecat79 12-16-2008 03:02 PM

Good/Bad Local Shops/Dealers

Please use this thread to post up shops and dealerships that you've had good or bad experiences with. The idea is to create a thread that people can go through when looking for a local business to take care of their vehicle needs.

Please take a little time to explain the service the business performed and if they didn't do a good job, explain how they didn't meet your expectations.

cheshirecat79 12-16-2008 03:22 PM

Good:
Hickman's Brake and Alignment
Service Performed: Alignment
Located on Orange Ave east of 95

Had a full front/rear alignment done after install of rear camber kit. Their alignment tech, Mike, has worked on many 350z's and is very knowledgeable about the car. Took it for test drives before and after alignment, they do work on all types of cars up to and including track setups. The tech will adjust the car to whatever camber/toe you want as you watch.

Good:
Keen Tire/No Ugly Tire
www.nouglytire.com
Service Performed: Tire purchase, mount and install
Broadway Ave, WPB (edge of the ghetto)

Have purchased and installed many sets of tires from this place. They will mount new and used tires on any front-mount wheel (no reverse mounting). Prices are more than fair for new tires and are pretty crazy for used tires. They get most of their used tires from the local dealerships whenever they get trade-ins, so they've got a ton of 18'' OEM Bridgestones most of the time. Again, it's on the edge of the ghetto and it's a small shop but they do good work.

Good:
Total Tire Car Care
Service Performed: Reverse Mount of Tires
http://www.total-tire.com/
Palm City

Installed tires on some 19'' Ruff Racing wheels that I bought and promptly garaged. Treated the wheels like they were a lot more expensive than they really are. (This is a good thing). Price was just ok, service made up for it.

Bad:
Charlie's Nissan of Fort Pierce
Service Performed: dicking me around/wasting time
Took my '06 Oil consuming 350z in for oil consumption tests. Argued with service writer about how it wasn't proper for a sports car to consume a quart of oil every thousand miles.

First Test- they told me they didn't need to seal the engine. Took it back after a thousand miles, they told me they had to seal the engine. Sealed engine.

Second Test- drained out oil before checking measurement. Overfilled oil to the point that oil would come out of the top of the dipstick on hard acceleration (dipstick was pushed in all the way). I drained out the excess oil, breaking the seal, therefore making the oil consumption test invalid.

Third Test- didn't go back after arguing with the service manager over how Nissan is replacing engines and how sports cars "just consume oil".

Good:
Napleton Nissan
Blue Heron & I-95
Service Performed: Engine Swap

Had one oil consumption test. After 1.5k miles, engine was down over 1.5 quarts. Engine ordered, was there within four days. Had the car for three days. Gave me a loaner even though the basic warranty didn't cover it. Let me go back into the service bay to talk to the tech about sealing up the car for the oil test, then back to talk to the master tech while he was swapping the engine. Did the swap at 59k miles... good thing, because I was running out of legroom on that warranty.

Engine isn't consuming oil after 20k miles. (I drive a lot).

Ghost_shift 12-16-2008 04:54 PM

Bad:
Cooper Tires
US1 on 12th St.
Service Performed: Tire plug

No respect for the rims (VOLK GTS). Threw them around and scratched the rear lip to hell. Almost took them to court, but ended up just fixing it myself.

Good:
Perfections Paint and Body
Indian River Dr. Vero Beach
Service Performed: Alot of bodywork on several of my cars.
Todd (the owner) Is a great guy to deal with. He strives for perfection for real. I would recommend him to anyone for anything!

Bad:
Vero Us1 Nissan
US1 & Oslo Rd.
Service performed: Routine Maintenance
Lack of knowledge from the staff is really evident. They will void your warantee at all cost. They also let go of their Master tech, and now have Hyundai techs running the show. Randy and Brett are effin Tools. They will also take you for a ride if you buy from them. About 5-6gs above normal cost of the vehicle. Stay Away!!!!

JETPILOT 12-16-2008 06:40 PM

Champion Motorsports http://www.championmotorsport.com/

Excellent

If you want world class mechanics touching your car these are the guys. They sell their own line of Champion wheels for Porasche at $5000 per set so they know how to mount and balance and have respect for expensive wheels. The suspension tech Victor is the best there is. Gives me a perfect alignment everytime. They are not cheap but you get what you pay for. These guys run the AUDI LMS R10 and have won lemans the last 8 years in a row last. Maybe more. I lost count.

Perfection Auto Body Vero beach

Excellent

Fair prices, fast work, excellent quality.

zand02max 12-16-2008 06:45 PM

Academy and Woodmen Nissan (Same Owner)= Colorado Springs

Razor bladed my entire clear bra on a new Z I purchased form them, they wouldn't refund my $ instead they repainted a brand new Z!

Car toys in Colorado Springs, nothing but teens who are clueless= scratched and cut corners on my Z. Horrible customer service!

JETPILOT 12-16-2008 07:53 PM

Welcome to the Florida Treasure Coast Club Thread! :icon14:

mizzle 12-16-2008 08:00 PM

:icon18:

Ghost_shift 12-16-2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by JETPILOT (Post 6692894)
Welcome to the Florida Treasure Coast Club Thread! :icon14:

:bowrofl::gotowned::dunno::icon18:

Nismospeed4life 12-20-2008 11:30 AM

Hey, look at it this way. At least we'll know where to go when we are in Texas. :D :icon32:

mizzle 12-20-2008 12:10 PM

I think I feel a road trip!

TheOtherRob 12-27-2008 01:17 PM

Daves Auto Body
Location: Northlake Blvd east of I95 on the south side next to Checkers.
Owner: Ed
Good!

Did a great job of bolting on my shine amuse front. Very nice and knowledgeable people. I will be going back to finish the rest of the kit at a later time.