Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:10 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Whatever makes people happy, I guess. When I sell my car, I'm selling it stock. Just because I sold my car in stock form, it doesn't mean my car wasn't modded before.
That is true...

but would of have bought your car if it had some ugly wheels on it, a ugly body kit, some neon lights, and a giant spoiler on it?

How was everyone's memorial weekend? 4 more days until I go to vegas...anybody who has been there already have any suggestions on what I shouldn't miss?? First thing I'm gonna try is In and Out burgers
Old 05-26-2009, 12:39 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
That is true...

but would of have bought your car if it had some ugly wheels on it, a ugly body kit, some neon lights, and a giant spoiler on it?

How was everyone's memorial weekend? 4 more days until I go to vegas...anybody who has been there already have any suggestions on what I shouldn't miss?? First thing I'm gonna try is In and Out burgers
As long as the price is right for what it has, I wouldn't care. However, all my cars will be a sleeper, so I'll be buying stock-looking cars anyway.

Damn, I heard good things about that burger place. Tell us if it actually lives up to the hype.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:19 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
That is true...

must.go.to.club.RA.in.da.Luxor...now called LAX..........For realz!

also Rum-jungle in Mandalay Bay is bad azz....

oh, and taxi cabs are super expensive! my suggestion is for you to use a local tourist map that you get from your hotel and cross the cross walks and board taxi's on the side of the street of your destination, so they take you straight there............oh man, if you get on a taxi, where he has to double back to get to your destination, the taxi drivers purposely run the meter up by going around the block and the "long way" so that way when you arrive at your destination, Then all the sudden a 3 block trip is like 20 bucks!!!

Also, never exit a cab and pay from the window! they will drive off with out giving you your change and run over your foot in the process!!!!

i have more, but i got so drunk there i don't remember....

-J <----- been to Vegas like 5 times so far.......and now i has access to a condo there! woo hoo....Vegas trips coming up soon!!!

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 05-26-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:33 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Default I haz shed!

Finally got some time to get it knocked out! If you guys remember:
https://my350z.com/forum/7314283-post5953.html

Special thanks to:

Eric - AllstarE4 (was at my house at 8 am, even after drinking the night before - )
Jacob - AcidJake75 (was at my house later, cause he drank to much - )
Quann - Quakeroatmeal - sober

For helping me out...Thanks a bunch guys! couldnt have done it with out the help!

Was finally able to clean my garage out after building the shed..........I can now finally fit two cars in my garage!

The door is temporary since the prefabbed and all ready painted door my dad made for me was accidently left in SA.

Background: MY dad built me this shed, welded it up and all in San Antonio, and one weekend he brought it up in sections with his flat bed work truck. He forgot the pre-fabbed, already painted door, so ill get that next time im down in SA.

I purchased the steel from metal mart in Weatherford, TX - Light stone, with sage beige corner moldings.

All the sheet metal steel cost about $360 bucks total.

The Roof is plain sheet metal galvanized, galvalum (sp*) so that way it reflects the sun's heat, which it does a great job of by the way, it wasn't hot in there at all...

-J
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-img_6240.jpg   DFW's Lounge-img_6241.jpg  

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 05-26-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:53 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA

Special thanks to:

Jacob - AcidJake75 (was at my house later, cause he drank to much - )

For helping me out...Thanks a bunch guys! couldnt have done it with out the help!

-J

Hey I was playing with my new PC too (really just a motherboard and chip)...I had to do my backup and reinstall everything
I now have a motherboard that I can upgrade on.. New TB hard drive ( I still feel like Im going to run out of space) and DDR2 memory. I was needing to upgrade anyway..

Do that with a MAC Chris...HA!

It was cool to help out...free BEER...!
Pulling up and seeing all the Nissans in drive way was cool.
free beer...
And I wanted to see the construction of that thing...pics dont do it justice..that thing is HUGE!
Did I mention........FREE BEER!

Last edited by AcidJake75; 05-26-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:01 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

^ lol........ya i provided the beer..........

was a fun time thats for sure..

-J
Old 05-26-2009, 05:29 AM
Kristi
I am Awesome

OMG it feels great to have the internet agian

going ALL weekend with out has been actually productive lol

How was everyones long weekend off?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:12 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

I had a great weekend just doing whatever came up.....No schedule or Agenda.

It was nice to just relax or do yard work.....and drink a beer or three while you were doing it.

I also put on the Megan Racing Pipes from " AUS10TAT10US " and they are very sweet indeed ! I can tell alot of low to mid range torque.
Only they are abit loud when you get on the gas....but maybe that will keep me from getting pulled over.

I have not seen a check engine light as of yet....I have read in some older posts where you might have to do something to your ECU, but I hope to not have to do anything.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:06 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Question

Originally Posted by fithamoto
I also put on the Megan Racing Pipes from " AUS10TAT10US " and they are very sweet indeed ! I can tell alot of low to mid range torque.
Only they are abit loud when you get on the gas....but maybe that will keep me from getting pulled over.

I have not seen a check engine light as of yet....I have read in some older posts where you might have to do something to your ECU, but I hope to not have to do anything.
1. Are they resonated?
2. Do you smell the gasses while at a stop?
3. No reset is needed, but if you insist, leave battery unplugged for 20+ mins..
4. Are you going to taken them off for inspection and then put them back on?
Old 05-26-2009, 07:24 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by Kristi
OMG it feels great to have the internet agian

going ALL weekend with out has been actually productive lol

How was everyones long weekend off?
Shoooot...I worked yesterday...slept til noon..surfed all day cause it was DEAD here.

Ugh I bet it was productive...I personally hate the whole moving process. it blows the big arsehole.. But once your done, its party time..

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....Whens the party?
Old 05-26-2009, 07:40 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
1. Are they resonated?
3. No reset is needed, but if you insist, leave battery unplugged for 20+ mins..
Yes they are the newer version with a flex pipe & resonated.
I smell a bit of more exhaust fumes...nothing to bad tho.
I will only reset if I start getting codes & I hope to not have to take them off for Inspection or find a way around it. Do you have any suggestions for that ?

Shoooot...I worked yesterday...slept til noon..surfed all day cause it was DEAD here.

Ugh I bet it was productive...I personally hate the whole moving process. it blows the big arsehole.. But once your done, its party time..

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....Whens the party?

Yeah Kristi.....when is the summer Pool Bash at your new Pad ? I want to see alot of girls in thongs.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:48 AM
FishBrownie

Yeah Kristi.....when is the summer Pool Bash at your new Pad ? I want to see alot of girls in thongs.
Wasn't Draco having a pool party somewhere in Denton a while back right after he lost his Z? I bet there were plenty of thongs there to be gazed upon.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:01 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by FishBrownie
Wasn't Draco having a pool party somewhere in Denton a while back right after he lost his Z? I bet there were plenty of thongs there to be gazed upon.
It might not have been Stephen's....but I think there was one some time recently.

We need to have one around here. Jason, when you gonna put that Pool in ?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:43 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Hey, I remember talking to you about this few days ago. I think I said that you'll throw a code for sure, but I forgot to leave some details out.

If your Z is 03 - 04, you have the narrowband O2 sensor, so you most likely won't throw any CEL/SES codes. Only the 04.5s are pretty much guaranteed to do that. However, the older ones can and do occasionally trip the light, in which case, it can be remedied by installing the non-foulers.
2. He should definitely smell some gas, since he no longer has cats.
3. Leaving the battery unplugged does nothing on our cars. A proper ECU reset must be performed via the ignition.
4. Most places don't care as long as you don't have the CEL on, but some places do the sniff test.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:24 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Hey, I remember talking to you about this few days ago. I think I said that you'll throw a code for sure, but I forgot to leave some details out.

If your Z is 03 - 04, you have the narrowband O2 sensor, so you most likely won't throw any CEL/SES codes. Only the 04.5s are pretty much guaranteed to do that. However, the older ones can and do occasionally trip the light, in which case, it can be remedied by installing the non-foulers.

2. He should definitely smell some gas, since he no longer has cats.
3. Leaving the battery unplugged does nothing on our cars. A proper ECU reset must be performed via the ignition.
4. Most places don't care as long as you don't have the CEL on, but some places do the sniff test.

yeah thanks Chris,

The on sensors just screwed right into place and I think they might be ok to even pass inspection. But I haven't really driven it for longer than 1/2 hr.

So I don't know if the engine has had enough time to throw a code.

Also I haven't been driving with the AC on and it hasn't been above mid 90's or 100+ yet.
I had somebody tell me that your AC can depleat the HP of your engine up to 25%. ........Anyone have any truth to this ???

____
Old 05-26-2009, 11:29 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Jason, when you gonna put that Pool in ?
In June.......i have family coming to visit these next weekends, but were planing on just getting an above ground for mod/tech day and summer cool downs.........BBQ's..etc..

-J
Old 05-26-2009, 11:44 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

yeah thanks Chris,

The on sensors just screwed right into place and I think they might be ok to even pass inspection. But I haven't really driven it for longer than 1/2 hr.

So I don't know if the engine has had enough time to throw a code.

Also I haven't been driving with the AC on and it hasn't been above mid 90's or 100+ yet.
I had somebody tell me that your AC can depleat the HP of your engine up to 25%. ........Anyone have any truth to this ???
If your car is to throw a code, it'll do it within 50 miles of you installing the part.

And yes (sort of), the AC does take away power from the car, as some of the power from the combustion does go into running the accessories like the AC.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:52 AM
FishBrownie

____
From google answers...

Cut down on the use of the air conditioning. A/C takes about 8
horsepower to run and those horses eat gas. Our forefathers crossed a
whole country without A/C, I think we can cross town without it. On a
long trip on the open highway, it is better to use the A/C than to
drive with the windows open. The extra drag of open windows on a
vehicle can eat up more fuel than the A/C will.

Unless you have a roadster.
All of the other answers on that topic stated the same thing for drag and fuel economy, but not much else in the way of horsepower. Not nearly 25% though. That seems like an awful steep power drain at 25% on any car.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:58 AM
FishBrownie

Anyone see this?

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw....160f8118.html

350Z driver dies in accident. Tragic.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Well I doubt that I have driven it 50 miles yet....so I guess tomorrow I will find out.

It sucks that the lady in the Z had the right of way and died.....I wonder if the dude in the Hummer got any charges against him yet ? The said non we filed at the scene of the accident.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge