Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 01:46 PM
drifter5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ImportedPerformance
Lowering the car changes the angle that the drive shaft sits at. Lowering a vehicle actually changes quite a bit about how the forces of driving affect the vehicle. Lowering cars and then braking drive shafts and axles has been an age old problem. Talk to some VW owners and they will tell you all about it

I don't care to be in on this debate BUT I will offer up whatever facts that I can.
Yes, lowering your car can cause the pinion angle to sit differently but that happens when you lift a car also.

In the local DFW area out of all the stance/static enthusiasts that I have talk to or met, regardless if it's Zs, Nissans, VWs, Audis, Lexus', etc..., they have never broken a drive shaft or prop-shaft.

So one(phiooz) out of hundreds(everyone else that's stance/static) in the DFW area, make it a stance/static issue? Right.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:51 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by drifter5
Yes, lowering your car can cause the pinion angle to sit differently but that happens when you lift a car also.

In the local DFW area out of all the stance/static enthusiasts that I have talk to or met, regardless if it's Zs, Nissans, VWs, Audis, Lexus', etc..., they have never broken a drive shaft or prop-shaft.

So one(phiooz) out of hundreds(everyone else that's stance/static) in the DFW area, make it a stance/static issue? Right.
If you don't want to believe the mechanical facts that is your call, some people get lucky, it is just a matter of time though.

dfdubs.com they can tell you all about the probs that come with lowering the car... and I am out

Chris, I know 1 kid, 14 I think, that you could give this test to.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:38 PM
drifter5

If you don't want to believe the mechanical facts that is your call, some people get lucky, it is just a matter of time though.

dfdubs.com they can tell you all about the probs that come with lowering the car... and I am out

Chris, I know 1 kid, 14 I think, that you could give this test to.
I agree, that axels have known to snap/break because of cars that's too low. That's a price to pay when you like your car static/stanced. But I have yet find someone that broke their drive shaft/prop shaft because of there car is lowered. Drag racing yes, but not being stanced/static.

I follow all the local forums, whether it's DI, dfwmazdas, dallasdsm, dfweuros, and dfdubs (which is now shut down not too long ago) like you have thrown out and I am well aware of the known issues of lowering a car or to stretching a tire. I also follow many other forums of many makes, models, and car life styles. If you can't post up a specific url to someone that has snapped a drive shaft because of being too low, then you shouldn't throw a website out. Anyone can do that.

What you're saying is that his drive shaft is broken from being lowered. I am saying his drive shaft is broken because it get's all banged up depending on what road he drives on. Indirectly, yes, because he lowered his car which caused him to bottom out more often, causing his drive shaft to bang against stuff more often, and thus breaking it.

I can lower my Z on .5 inch springs and then take it off roading. If I happen to snap/break my drive shaft, is it because my car is too low?

If I have a FI car and crash it while racing someone, can I blame it on the FI kit adding too much power? or should I blame it on the tires because they can't handle the increase in power?
Old 10-28-2010, 02:46 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Hey guys, I may need your help on something.

There's a good chance that I might be back for the Thanksgiving week, but I still need to do some school work in that time. Mainly, what I need help on is on administering the WISC-IV test to a child or adolescent. The WISC-IV is an IQ test that was designed for those between the ages of 6 and 16 (I personally prefer those closer to the upper range, but beggars can't be choosers) and is a comprehensive test that proports to measure verbal and nonverbal reasoning and verbal and nonverbal processing of the examinee.

Do you (or someone) have a kid that I can borrow for about 2 to 2.5 hours to administer the test? I'd also need to interview the parent/guardian of the child for background information. Additionally, as I'm a first year doctoral student, any and all interpretations I make based on the set of scores achieved by the child cannot be disclosed for liability reasons.

None of my friends' siblings fall within that age range, so I turn to you guys. If you guys could help, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Chris,

my daughter is 11 and loves to do these kind of IQ tests. If you need to get a hold of her just call me.

It would be great to see you down in DFW for Turkey day.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:55 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Stephen and Chris, I may contact one of you guys if and when I get down there. If I decide to stay in Chicago, I need to find a random stranger/kid ASAP without trying to look like a pedophile.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:07 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Stephen and Chris, I may contact one of you guys if and when I get down there. If I decide to stay in Chicago, I need to find a random stranger/kid ASAP without trying to look like a pedophile.
Lol go to the local mall and ask the youngin's to take a survey... In your old rusty van that is just around the corner... And they get candy for doing it....
Old 10-28-2010, 03:26 PM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

its cause you bottom out so much..its even posted on stretched tires thread..someone responded to having had the same issue..

https://my350z.com/forum/8743571-post12269.html

Just something you have to deal with...being lowered and driving on shietty roads.. its all good - everyone has their preference..some are willing to pay the price of being low and others are not..
Old 10-28-2010, 03:32 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Lol go to the local mall and ask the youngin's to take a survey... In your old rusty van that is just around the corner... And they get candy for doing it....

^^^^^^ Lol
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-candy.jpg  
Old 10-28-2010, 04:37 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

drifter5,

You are more fail than phiooz. You want links to a broken driveshaft as a result of being too low. Here you go.

https://my350z.com/forum/8745159-post16474.html

https://my350z.com/forum/8745315-post16485.html
Old 10-28-2010, 07:48 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Being low is starting to wear on me. I drove this really nice road today up in the mountains but damn I was rubbing all over the place since it wasn't very flat. I even scraped my underbelly and hit my front GTSpec on a rock. Never knew I couldn't clear rocks that are like 5 inches tall... Drive is still fun as hell though, but I cringe on every little bump waiting for that sounds of rubbing. On the nice flat roads it's fine though.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:03 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Stu, I know the feeling.... My car is getting raised asap.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:39 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by fithamoto
^^^^^^ Lol
Think about it, man. There's just no way I won't look like that. This is another reason why I prefer older children, but then I'd just look like a chlid molester/rapist, huh? (Refer to avy)
Originally Posted by AllstarE4
drifter5,

You are more fail than phiooz. You want links to a broken driveshaft as a result of being too low. Here you go.

https://my350z.com/forum/8745159-post16474.html

https://my350z.com/forum/8745315-post16485.html
(See attached)
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-phiooz_alone_88u3.jpg  
Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

^^^^ LOL

This time I was going after drifter and not phiooz. It's just funny that people want to chime in to defend him.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:33 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Yeah, I noticed after I had typed the text in there, but it still works since you referred to his car/damage.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 PM
quakerroatmeal

I'm not defending the fact he broke his drive shaft..defending him because you hate on that type of style, even if you say you "like" how some of the car looks.

The fact is, sometime **** happens to the unlucky few, I think what drifter was trying to say is how many of these guys who sit this low snap drive shafts..probably not damn often. Scrape, scratch, rubbing, wearing tires probably often but drive shafts snapping..I've never seen anyone else snap there drive shaft.

Sure it's impractical, but the way I see is is everything is basically impractical..why do we do it? Because..we like to mod..Surely one does not need 600hp, or a a hydro e-brake setup, 5,000$ bbk, 3500$ wheels you get the point. It's all wants..personal hobby.

There are people out there with boosted motors out there blowing motors...snapping axles.. drifters out there who scrape or rip there entire bumper off from drifting/hitting walls..shredding tires like nothing..but you don't see people hating or criticizing on what they do. Cause life's not perfect..and crap like that happens out of no where..but what can you do..fix it and move on. I just find it disrespectful you call his car fail because it's not practical for your daily driving..we're not going to call you fail because you put something we don't like or you're into a style that we don't like. We're all enthusiast one way or another.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Edg_R

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi gais!

long time no see (Except for my boy 3hree5ive0ero)
Old 10-28-2010, 11:54 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

^ You lost? What are you doing in the DFW Lounge?
Old 10-29-2010, 01:37 AM
ppat1989
Professional

Man this ot is gonna kill me but I'm gonna love my check next week. By my math it should only be about $60 shy of what I normally make in two weeks.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:23 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

But I have yet find someone that broke their drive shaft/prop shaft because of there car is lowered. Drag racing yes, but not being stanced/static.

If you can't post up a specific url to someone that has snapped a drive shaft because of being too low
Someone else/url = https://my350z.com/forum/8743571-post12269.html

I agree, that axels have known to snap/break because of cars that's too low. That's a price to pay when you like your car static/stanced.
THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU IN HERE ARGUING ABOUT???

What you're saying is that his drive shaft is broken from being lowered. I am saying his drive shaft is broken because it get's all banged up depending on what road he drives on. Indirectly, yes, because he lowered his car which caused him to bottom out more often, causing his drive shaft to bang against stuff more often, and thus breaking it.

I can lower my Z on .5 inch springs and then take it off roading. If I happen to snap/break my drive shaft, is it because my car is too low?
uuummm NOooo!!!...its because you went offroad duh - plz do that and report back and you can replace phooiz.

If I have a FI car and crash it while racing someone, can I blame it on the FI kit adding too much power? or should I blame it on the tires because they can't handle the increase in power?
tangent....try to argue for the sake of arguing???
lets answer that:
"racing someone"
1. on the street? peeps will dog on you..bring that ish to the lounge and it will be just like this....
2. on a track? it happens, your racing and both knew what you were doing and FI dude crashed...sucks....

thats what will happen?

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
I'm not defending the fact he broke his drive shaft..defending him because you hate on that type of style, even if you say you "like" how some of the car looks.
Yes, we can like it...nothing the hell wrong with that...as he said and I agree...at a "show" sure,, win some trophy's, stand by your car, pop your collar...have at it..

On the street = poor Z with a douche bag owner endangering others, killing all practicality, etc..etc...

The fact is, sometime **** happens to the unlucky few
unlucky?? what the hell???

the nerve of snapping a shaft due to incompetence on the road (lucky no one was hurt with the loss of power:

remember he wrote this:
Originally Posted by phiooz
i was taking a turn onto beltline from my work and there were some cars coming so i kinda gunned it a little. went from first into 2nd gear then i just heard a clunk type of noise. i was lucky enough to roll into a gas station and not busy beltline in addison.
(because he said he gunned it in an intersection)??? c-mon....?? yes, he was unlucky.....boo hoo...

I think what drifter was trying to say is how many of these guys who sit this low snap drive shafts..probably not damn often. Scrape, scratch, rubbing, wearing tires probably often but drive shafts snapping..I've never seen anyone else snap there drive shaft.
once again =
Someone else/url = https://my350z.com/forum/8743571-post12269.html

Sure it's impractical, but the way I see is is everything is basically impractical..why do we do it? Because..we like to mod..Surely one does not need 600hp, or a a hydro e-brake setup, 5,000$ bbk, 3500$ wheels you get the point. It's all wants..personal hobby.

There are people out there with boosted motors out there blowing motors...snapping axles.. drifters out there who scrape or rip there entire bumper off from drifting/hitting walls..shredding tires like nothing..but you don't see people hating or criticizing on what they do. Cause life's not perfect..and crap like that happens out of no where..but what can you do..fix it and move on. I just find it disrespectful you call his car fail because it's not practical for your daily driving..we're not going to call you fail because you put something we don't like or you're into a style that we don't like. We're all enthusiast one way or another.
YOU WANT ANSWERS? HERE THEY ARE.......

Being "Stanced" is a mod that has ZERO, not one gawd dammn positive effect other than one thing.....

ready for it!! ...

IT LOOKS COOL!!! ooohhh la...la.. my car looks "sexy" as phooiz put it...

It's vanity at its best.....have you ever met "most" show car guys....?? give me break....talk about narcissistic a-holez...

Don't STANCE your car, then have the nerve to think the dealer will warranty it out? thats just silly.........

Don't stance your car and complain about tire wear and buy tires every 4 months because you think front upper control arms are too expensive??....give me a break.....

I'm a drifter, i want e-brakes, tear up tires, been through 3 bumpers, etc..etc.....but im doing it on a closed course.......im not on the street, im doing "PRACTICAL" mods for my "HOBBY"........with "positive" outcomes and I pay for bumpers.......new or used...i don't care....

I don't go to the dealer with the nerve to ask for a warranty....

IN THE END - THERE ARE MODS THAT SERVE PURPOSE and mods that are silly..........

THE REASON 'STANCED' GETS SO MUCH HATE is because it has no positive outcome other than looks and serves no purpose......

you know it, i know it, Nissan engineers know it, everyone knows it...but its done cause it "LOOKS" cool.......its "IN STYLE"......

if you like it, have at it...but dont try to defend it amongst practical people....

As i drifter, i dont pass my car off as show car clean.........nor would i get pissed if a show guy said he didnt like it cause it was dirty, or beat up......who cares.......

but "stanced" guys get all butt hurt when their cars aren't "appreciated", why, because they are all alike...same mentality, same "look at me" attitude.....

only race dude i know that was like that was dammn "SOLO350Z" oh gawd....

Lots of show and no go in DFW...

i try dammn hard to get peeps to go to track events...everyone knows it...

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 10-29-2010 at 04:36 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:24 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

That being said....

that it, thats the last of it............end it all.......no more discussion...phooiz posted in the "stretched tires thread" and others like him didn't rag on him......thats because they share a common style....you dont see me going over there and arguing...what for?? i dont care......

Stay over there with these issues..............post here you know what your gonna get...c-mon...everyone literally knows everyone here in this thread........

we moved on, and started talking about other stuff, then drifter5 came on and started getting all butt hurt....

End of discussion.........

-J

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge