Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 07:34 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man this sucks. It feels like it's Friday but it's not. BOO!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 04:44 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
MY FENDER ROLLER BROKE! FK ME! should be an easy fix though..gonna jimmy RIG that shiet..
Damn Jake...your to freakin' hard on that thing !

Originally Posted by ppat1989
Man this sucks. It feels like it's Friday but it's not. BOO!!!
It's Friday now ***** !
Old 12-10-2010, 07:35 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Everyday is Friday when you're on break!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:14 AM
TheCanuck

Hey Quick question from you more experienced guys....

Should I get car car tuned? I have stillen g3's and just ordered megan v2 res test pipes and x02 exhaust. I am at a loss for whats next for HP gains so should I just roll with a tune? Any great shops here in dallas?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:20 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TheCanuck

Should I get car car tuned? I have stillen g3's and just ordered megan v2 res test pipes and x02 exhaust. I am at a loss for whats next for HP gains so should I just roll with a tune? Any great shops here in dallas?
plenum spacer, underdrive pulleys, remove factory oil cooler, larger radiator....pathfinder mod/rear coolant log....

Dallas hell no....only acidjake with osirius....pm him..Austin, up rev..

-J
Old 12-10-2010, 08:23 AM
TheCanuck

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
plenum spacer, underdrive pulleys, remove factory oil cooler, larger radiator....pathfinder mod/rear coolant log....

-J
I was told I don't have to do most of that stuff because I have a 07 HR motor and its a nismo.

Are those going to produce HP gains?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:29 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

all of those will yield gains.........

-J
Old 12-10-2010, 08:32 AM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

I was told I don't have to do most of that stuff because I have a 07 HR motor and its a nismo.

They will yield gains. The thing is, you want to ask yourself how much power do you want to make? If it is higher than say 350whp then your best bet is going to be getting a turbo system, if you don't want to go up over that then all the basic bolt ons like you have listed out will be the best bet.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:35 AM
TheCanuck

I plan on going TT, but waiting till my 60,000 mile warranty is up is going to blow...

14,000 miles on my 07 nismo

I guess I should just start saving... and forget about warranty.

Last edited by TheCanuck; 12-10-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:37 AM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

I plan on going TT, but waiting till my 60,000 mile warranty is up is going to blow...

I guess I should just start saving...
I can run some of those mile up for ya

Depending on your money situation, you can go ahead and do bolt os or save the money and put it towards a solid build. If you want to go TT eventually, I would suggest some suspension upgrades.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:41 AM
TheCanuck

Originally Posted by ImportedPerformance
I can run some of those mile up for ya

Depending on your money situation, you can go ahead and do bolt os or save the money and put it towards a solid build. If you want to go TT eventually, I would suggest some suspension upgrades.
Dam I thought I could get away with the nismo suspension. So coil overs? I don't see myself going over 450whp for a long time. I want to just run down lambos and I'll probably be set for quite some time.

Is it true the stock hr motor can handle 500whp?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:43 AM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Dam I thought I could get away with the nismo suspension. So coil overs? I don't see myself going over 450whp for a long time. I want to just run down lambos and I'll probably be set for quite some time.

There are quite a few up there, still not a ton of them turbo'd though. Yeah if you want to chase down lambos I would suggest having something a bit nicer than the nismo suspension.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:49 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

I would do the mods that can benefit you now, but also remain when you decide to go turbo...ie, larger radiator, pathfinder mod, remove oem oil cooler and plenum spacer....

Those stillens are gonna be removed when you go turbo...

yes then suspension, and not just coilovers, but adjustable arms, lock out washers, toe arms etc....no point getting coilovers if you cant adjust anything...

500 hp would mean you need a minimum of a 10 inch rear wheel in back......so plan on wheels...

TT also means you will need solid diff bushings, and replace front lower control arm bushings as those will give quick under power and braking loads..

and the big winner......upgrading your clutch by replacing the internal plate, trashing the CSC and installing a DE tranny cover with pivot ball and getting a DE spec clutch.

I wouldn't dream of installing a turbo kit on a Z unless all the right things were done on it first......recipe for disaster especially with comments like:

LMFAO at chasing down lambo's ............

-J
Old 12-10-2010, 08:59 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

-J

I guess I should just start saving... and forget about warranty.
I would just go ahead and do it when ever you have the cash....by the time your warranty is up you'll want to do something else.

Well I assume this is your DD...right ? I'm not too sure you should go with those test pipes for a DD...I would get HFC's instead. Test pipes are so way loud and stinky as hell.
Also what jason says is correct. I would get a Plenum spacer & larger radiator for sure.

Basically what do you want to do with your Z ??? Drift, AutoX, Drag, Street race ( hopefully not ! )
Figure out what you want to do and then start your Mods accordingly......for example: AutoX....I would definitely get a better suspension & R comps for better handling. HP doesn't really give you a huge advantage in AutoX.

I hope to see you out at some meets & even some events.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:48 AM
ppat1989
Professional

Youshould eeally ride in a car that has test pipes before you buy them if you havnt already. I made that mistake. My exhaust gets kind of annoying especially on the highway. It's so loud that the plastic trim pieces rattle in the car at certain rpm's and it's really hard to hear the radio and it's pretty much impossible to talk on the phone. I have fast intentions resonated test pipes and I honestly wish I went with hfc instead. If you want to hear how loud and annoying it can be just let me know.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:27 PM
TheCanuck

Honestly I want to build for the quater mile. Then eventually drifting.

Alright so I have a list of stuff except the plenum spacer, called motordyne and they said it was a complete waste of cash. I have the HR motor and they already fixed that issue.

I already ordered the test pipes and x02 exhaust. If I don't like it I can always get the X pipe
Old 12-10-2010, 04:29 PM
TheCanuck

Originally Posted by fithamoto
I would just go ahead and do it when ever you have the cash....by the time your warranty is up you'll want to do something else.

Well I assume this is your DD...right ? I'm not too sure you should go with those test pipes for a DD...I would get HFC's instead. Test pipes are so way loud and stinky as hell.
Also what jason says is correct. I would get a Plenum spacer & larger radiator for sure.

Basically what do you want to do with your Z ??? Drift, AutoX, Drag, Street race ( hopefully not ! )
Figure out what you want to do and then start your Mods accordingly......for example: AutoX....I would definitely get a better suspension & R comps for better handling. HP doesn't really give you a huge advantage in AutoX.

I hope to see you out at some meets & even some events.
I'll be at the Sushi Place on Monday

Thanks for the responses guys, really appreciate it. One last question, would SC be easier on the engine than turbo?

Last edited by TheCanuck; 12-10-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:31 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

-J
You can't install plenum spacer on the HR; different plenum design altogether. And Osiris has license that is tied down to a specific ECU. Unless you get a specific license from UpRev or give up the original license, you can't use that Osiris on a different car.

If you're looking for power, get test pipes (or high flow cats). That'll give you the most (hfc's a little less).

There are other ways of making power, but each modification will come with its own disclaimer (that's why you read and not just take people's words at face value). HR's respond better to mods than DE's, so it shouldn't be too hard to make good power. I suggest you do a search and read about them. This forum has all the information you'll need.

Nismo suspension is good, but coilovers will allow for more flexibility/adjustability for various situations. And unless you spend more money than you're currently thinking of spending, I'd give up on the Lambo dream.

And the stock HR can do 500whp with a good tune, no problem.
Honestly I want to build for the quater mile. Then eventually drifting.

Alright so I have a list of stuff except the plenum spacer, called motordyne and they said it was a complete waste of cash. I have the HR motor and they already fixed that issue.

I already ordered the test pipes and x02 exhaust. If I don't like it I can always get the X pipe
Remember that all the power mods and suspension mods don't mean **** if the driver sucks. What do your current time slips look like?

And what do you mean by your last sentence? What do you think will be the benefits of the x pipe and why?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:45 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

TheCanuck, I would definitely listen to 3hree5ive0ero....He knows his Shiet.

He is also correct about your Seat time....I am living proof of that. I have been to the 1/4 mile with 3hree5ive0ero and seat time can definitely improve your driving.

Kinda like I was saying in the post above....you need to figure out where you are at and then improve from there. Start with a baseline of stock and beginners skills....then start adding Mods.....you will be happily surprised.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Start with a baseline of stock and beginners skills....then start adding Mods.....you will be happily surprised.
QFT

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge