Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:43 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ppat1989
Just got back from discount tire. Wheels will be here tomorrow and tires will be here Monday or Tuesday. They had to order the tires from Georgia.
Awesome for you Pat !

Post up some pics when you get them installed....I'm glad you will have some rubber between your rims & the road for a while.

Just don't waste the tread by Burning out too much....that is what AutoX is for !

Originally Posted by blue20051
thats a great looking SC
Hey Blue....I think somebody was looking for you the other day ???

Originally Posted by TheCanuck
Yea the denali looks really good stock for stock. We had a special addition navi that had all the crome taken off the sides and back of the gator. Only crome front and rims. Looks way better than our Denali now, even though the Denali looks really good sitting on those 24's

That's big even for a Denali....I wouldn't want to go bigger than a 22" on a ride like that....it will ride bumpy. You still need some side wall to help the suspension.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:32 PM
SmokersMagee

Holy sheit ***** I owe in taxes! Again! Every year I owe something even with a w4 claimed at 0.

What.
The.
Hell.

/end rant
Old 02-16-2011, 04:53 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by SmokersMagee
Holy sheit ***** I owe in taxes! Again! Every year I owe something even with a w4 claimed at 0.

What.
The.
Hell.

/end rant
So what kind of deductions are you able to contribute ? If you are claiming Single & 0 dependents, then you need some write offs !

What kind of business are you in....and who is doing your tax returns ?

At your age....you should not have to pay anything !
------

I always am glad to see a + or - $500 in the box. If your over or under that amount.... you need to adjust your dependents or get more tax deductions.

Try all the CCA donations and or Cancer pledges....these can add up to a lot of savings for unwanted items.

Last edited by fithamoto; 02-16-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:03 PM
JLS2GOZ

Originally Posted by Kristi
No we kept the Lexus and sold the Z

We waited 8 months or so before buying my car and the only reason why we bought the Acura is because is was only 1k LOL

Anyways like I said to each thier own
You go girl... SWEET ride. I'm in love with cars too. I always say , if I come into money... id buy me land , a nice little house to put on the land....and the an enormous garage to keep all my cars I would buy ! Be like Jay Leno.. drive a different car every day ....
Old 02-16-2011, 05:39 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by JLS2GOZ
You go girl... SWEET ride. I'm in love with cars too. I always say , if I come into money... id buy me land , a nice little house to put on the land....and the an enormous garage to keep all my cars I would buy ! Be like Jay Leno.. drive a different car every day ....
I know right Jody ????? I only see Hot Milf's in those around Flower Mound.

I would love to have a collection like Jay Leno's.....and his bike collection also.

I would see him from time to time in LA & at the Rock Store in Malibu. He would have some great rides.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:04 PM
JLS2GOZ

Uh, anyone worried about my plate in my post.... see the news ? OK inmates might be helping NTTA with processing tolls with your licence plate numbers. ¦<
Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 PM
JLS2GOZ

Originally Posted by fithamoto
I know right Jody ????? I only see Hot Milf's in those around Flower Mound.

I would love to have a collection like Jay Leno's.....and his bike collection also.

I would see him from time to time in LA & at the Rock Store in Malibu. He would have some great rides.
Chris I'm one the few females that would be sooo happy with a bunch of cars, and the house...meh , if its big enough to change my mind , I'm good ! Love me some , no.... a lot of cars !!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:40 PM
ppat1989
Professional

I'd get my house with a lot of land and have my own track built!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:24 PM
blue20051

fith-Yea i got a PM from him. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:31 PM
JLS2GOZ

I'd get my house with a lot of land and have my own track built!!!
+1 on that Pat. I'd also have horses on my land. We both hit big, I can have my horses and come to u house to play sidewaz ! Awesome !
Old 02-16-2011, 08:35 PM
JLS2GOZ

Maybe we should all go in on the lottery ! Hear the news now. " Group of car enthusiasts go in together on lottery and WINZ ! " HA HA
Old 02-16-2011, 08:44 PM
ppat1989
Professional

+1 on that Pat. I'd also have horses on my land. We both hit big, I can have my horses and come to u house to play sidewaz ! Awesome !
I already have horses so I'm covered there lol. I have cows too... My family owns 80 acres in yantis tx about 10 miles south of sulphur springs.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:54 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Awesome for you Pat !

Post up some pics when you get them installed....I'm glad you will have some rubber between your rims & the road for a while.

Just don't waste the tread by Burning out too much....that is what AutoX is for !
the manager at discount was trying to tell me that I couldn't put those wheels on my car cuz they wouldn't fit then tried to argue with me like I didn't know anything when I told him they would. Hell Jake has them on his car the only difference is mine are 17" and his are 18" and I just don't see how that would really affect anything. I called Jason and talked with him about it just to be safe though and he was like dude just buy the wheels cuz they will definately fit. I just don't understand how, according to discount, the weapons in 17X9 in +17 offsets will fit fine but the battles in 17X9.5 in +15 offset won't. There's not much of a difference there. Whatever, worst comes to worst, I'll sell the wheels and just buy weapons. I would think I can get at least $500 for a brand new set of battles so I wouldn't be out much cash but I'm not too worried about that because I trust jason's word when it comes to anything pertaining to the z.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:57 PM
JLS2GOZ

I already have horses so I'm covered there lol. I have cows too... My family owns 80 acres in yantis tx about 10 miles south of sulphur springs.
Oh dog.... that is a dream for me. Grew up.around horses every Summer at my cousins. She boarded them and one of her boarders would go on vacation and he would leave his horse in my care for 4 weeks. It was so awesome.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:00 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Comparing the 9" wide wheel with +17 offset and the 9.5" wide wheel with +15, the latter will extend out an extra 8mm. They have computers that have the stock wheel size and offset and it probably tells them that only XXX in this/that direction will fit, which is a generic answer that will be safe to tell the general public.

Tire Rack does worse ****. If you tell them what car you have and order 2 different pairs of tires, they won't even sell them to you because it's "unsafe," no matter how much you argue or whether you're spending your money or not. While technically, they're correct that different brands use different compounds so the handling will be affected, that's almost negligible for most people and in most settings. They keep all that **** recorded on their computers, too. Tried to order with a different rep and found out the hard way. I had to order from a different number without telling them what car they were going on to get the tires I wanted. If you don't tell them what car the tires will go on, they assume the 2 pairs will be for different cars or something.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:07 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Comparing the 9" wide wheel with +17 offset and the 9.5" wide wheel with +15, the latter will extend out an extra 8mm. They have computers that have the stock wheel size and offset and it probably tells them that only XXX in this/that direction will fit, which is a generic answer that will be safe to tell the general public.

Tire Rack does worse ****. If you tell them what car you have and order 2 different pairs of tires, they won't even sell them to you because it's "unsafe," no matter how much you argue or whether you're spending your money or not. While technically, they're correct that different brands use different compounds so the handling will be affected, that's almost negligible for most people and in most settings. They keep all that **** recorded on their computers, too. Tried to order with a different rep and found out the hard way. I had to order from a different number without telling them what car they were going on to get the tires I wanted. If you don't tell them what car the tires will go on, they assume the 2 pairs will be for different cars or something.
Well I guess I can see it from Teiresias point of view. They are large company with many customers and I guess they are just looking at the liability aspect of it. Which I personally think it is the customers responsibility to know what they are buying and using and not the suppliers. They aren't even a manufacturer, only a supplier so I don't really see the liability for them but whatever. You can never be too safe in the sue happy world that we live in these days. Btw, I went ahead and ordered the nitto nt05's. I'll try them out and let you know how they work out since you seem to have quite a bit of experience with nitto and you've never really been satisfied with them. From what I've read, the nt05 is essentially a more performance oriented version of the nt555.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:18 PM
ppat1989
Professional

According to Nitto, the nt05 has 38% more cornering force and 34% more lateral stiffness than the nt555. So we shall see. Of course the compound is a 200 treadwear rating compared to the nt555's 300 treadwear rating.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:31 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

According to Nitto, the nt05 has 38% more cornering force and 34% more lateral stiffness than the nt555. So we shall see. Of course the compound is a 200 treadwear rating compared to the nt555's 300 treadwear rating.

Bridgestone RE-11's
Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by ImportedPerformance
Bridgestone RE-11's
Price to performance ratio lol. The nt05's are like $163 for 275/40-17. I paid $145. My room mates buddy is an assistant manager for discount so he helps out a little where he can. I saved like $90 on the four wheels and two tires.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:20 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokersMagee

What.
The.
Hell.

/end rant
I don't know how much you owe, but this could be a good thing. That scenario usually means that you make good money throughout the year.

I know that all the years I was single and claiming "0" with a moderate income I would get around 1,500 or so back. Then I let a tax person prepare my return and it quadrupled.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge