Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 05:14 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ppat1989
Mother fawker!!! Somebody just side swiped my car and drove off!!! Thank god this place has cameras I have it all on video and the dude actually drove down to his storage unit and I went down there and found his @$$ and got his insurance.
WTF ??? Stupid A$$....how bad is the damage ? You still gonna be able to drive this weekend ?

Originally Posted by ImportedPerformance
Soooo I think I am going to get a PS3 for the shop. What do yal think?
How much HP will it add ?
Old 03-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

in the immortal words of the great rick james

ITS A CELEBRATION BITCHES!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:07 PM
JLS2GOZ

Mother fawker!!! Somebody just side swiped my car and drove off!!! Thank god this place has cameras I have it all on video and the dude actually drove down to his storage unit and I went down there and found his @$$ and got his insurance.
Damn. It's PATS day, gets swiped ! That dude should be relieved that he only got called out and take a hit on insurence..... Pat so sorry. Glad you had the right mind to do what you did and not draw and drop !
Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by fithamoto
WTF ??? Stupid A$$....how bad is the damage ? You still gonna be able to drive this weekend ?
It's not that bad at all. Mostly just paint. I'll still be out there on Sunday.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:53 PM
BearJew

Back from spring break and the car's all fixed and running well! No more overheating and the headunit just got back from Kenwood (so glad I had that two year warranty). Gonna put my popcharger in soon and then I'm going to find a place to get my plenum spacer installed since I don't think I can do that one myself.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:01 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

You can do both yourself if you know how to read and follow directions. They're real easy to do.

The only thing you'd probably need to buy is a torque wrench for when torquing down the plenum bolts to spec. You should get two (1 for in-lbs and 1 for ft-lbs) and these will help you out in the future (ex. wheel changes), so they're good investments.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:48 PM
BearJew

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
You can do both yourself if you know how to read and follow directions. They're real easy to do.

The only thing you'd probably need to buy is a torque wrench for when torquing down the plenum bolts to spec. You should get two (1 for in-lbs and 1 for ft-lbs) and these will help you out in the future (ex. wheel changes), so they're good investments.
Yeah I saw a few DIY guides for the spacer so I guess I could try it out this weekend if I have time. Hopefully I have some torque wrenches already around here but if not I might as well pick some up hah. And thanks!

Also, what do you think of a wheel swap if my friend and I trade - I have the 2004 touring wheels and he's got the 08 g35's.

(These http://www.allcarcentral.com/Infinit...7_OEE_0119.jpg )

If I do that I'd plan on getting 20mm spacers in the front and 25mm in the back. What should they get to put my wheels on their g35?
Old 03-18-2011, 05:11 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

^^dude if you need help with plenum - let me know - I have an inch lb torque wrench..

I wouldnt swap with no sedan g35 holmes - you will have WORSE offsets than you already do. you can do 20 front / 25 back NOW with what you got and I would wait for something else. G35 sedan wheels are full of SUCK..if he had G35 COUPE 19s or 18s I would do that.. but stay AWAY from sedan wheels..

Just my honest opinion pimp..
Old 03-18-2011, 08:23 AM
ColecatZ

^^^ I have yet to install my spacer, lamesauce I know...

on a side note, my OBDII bluetooth adapter is awesome paired with my Xoom. Makes me almost wish **** would break so I can play.... LOL
Old 03-18-2011, 09:05 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

^ Damn, I've been wondering about that. They have apps on android that lets you connect to it, but the damn adapter or cable or whatever it is is too expensive for me.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:06 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

speaking of...how much was that bad boy ColeCatz?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:32 AM
ColecatZ

The adapters on ebay are like 30 bucks, the app is free if you just want to pull codes. The paid version of the app is $4.85 and gives you the ability to clear CEL's and estimate horpespower, torque and quarter mile in addition to all the data it reads. Also has the ability to datalog and GPS track mapping.

Personally, I bought the $99 PLX bluetooth adapter only because it has a power button incase I wanted to leave it plugged in and I trusted it more. So, it's either $30 or $104... not bad IMO.

Nissan wants $320 to diagnose and replace a cam position sensor... I pulled the code and bought the sensor for $60 so it's already paid for itself and I can take it from car to car... WINNING.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:38 AM
ColecatZ

^ The app I mentioned is called Torque. It's pretty slick.

I know there are others too, VoyagerDash, OBDroid, alOBD are a few, but Torque seems the most polished and you can customise the workspace by dragging guages and graphs around, similar to the way widgets work on other droid devices.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:42 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

^^^SO BALLER! fk man thats syck.. hell even an standard OBDII tool is minimum 60 bucks (thats for a ghetto one too that you buy at vatozone or oreilly)

Awesome man..very cool..
Old 03-18-2011, 09:59 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by ColecatZ
The adapters on ebay are like 30 bucks, the app is free if you just want to pull codes. The paid version of the app is $4.85 and gives you the ability to clear CEL's and estimate horpespower, torque and quarter mile in addition to all the data it reads. Also has the ability to datalog and GPS track mapping.

Personally, I bought the $99 PLX bluetooth adapter only because it has a power button incase I wanted to leave it plugged in and I trusted it more. So, it's either $30 or $104... not bad IMO.

Nissan wants $320 to diagnose and replace a cam position sensor... I pulled the code and bought the sensor for $60 so it's already paid for itself and I can take it from car to car... WINNING.
Yeah, I also checked ebay and amazon to see if their prices were cheaper, but didn't want to spend $30 for something I can do for free (er, at least on Zs and Gs). I can pull codes all day, just as fast as you can probably pull codes using the app. I can also clear with 10 extra seconds.

I was only going to get the adapter if it was cheap enough, but maybe I'm too cheap to buy one. Either way, I decided I'd rather spend my money elsewhere (and actually began dumping my money into other mods.. ) and haven't thought about it in a while until you mentioned it today. It definitely has the cool factor and the convenience, though.

BTW, if you're rooted, you can get most of the apps for free, including Torque.

Speaking of rooting Android phones, anybody else into this kind of stuff? I love doing things like this and OC'ing my phone, benchmarking, etc.
^ The app I mentioned is called Torque. It's pretty slick.

I know there are others too, VoyagerDash, OBDroid, alOBD are a few, but Torque seems the most polished and you can customise the workspace by dragging guages and graphs around, similar to the way widgets work on other droid devices.
My personal choice would be Torque then OBDroid, but that's just me.
Torque is definitely the highest rated and was the one I was looking at.
Originally Posted by AcidJake75
^^^SO BALLER! fk man thats syck.. hell even an standard OBDII tool is minimum 60 bucks (thats for a ghetto one too that you buy at vatozone or oreilly)

Awesome man..very cool..
Check eBay and Amazon. They have it for like 20-30 bucks.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:07 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

ya online you will find cheaper...but most people who dont have one - go straight to the store to buy one cause they dont want to wait for shipping to pull the code or freak out when the CEL comes on.

btw - Im still learning my phone..shiets fancy..Im sure I have not even touched its abilities and what it can do.. Droid X here..
Old 03-18-2011, 10:18 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
ya online you will find cheaper...but most people who dont have one - go straight to the store to buy one cause they dont want to wait for shipping to pull the code or freak out when the CEL comes on.

btw - Im still learning my phone..shiets fancy..Im sure I have not even touched its abilities and what it can do.. Droid X here..
X's been out for quite some time now and there are lots of things you can do to customize. Start looking into this when you find some time. It's a LOT to read and there's too many confusing (and many times, redundant) information out there, but with some patience and with basic understanding of computer language/programming, you can root it easy!

I treat my phone like my car. I benchmarked to see how well performed as-is from factory, then rooted and benched, then ROM'd and benched. I like seeing increases in performance, as minute as they may be. My Quadrant score is ridiculous when OC'd. A good buddy of mine got the X about a month or two ago and I was pretty impressed by it. I would've gotten the X had I changed over to Verizon.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 AM
ColecatZ

I've got the Moto Droid 1 and Moto Xoom tablet...

The phone is my business use phone so no rooting it. I'm waiting a bit on the tablet. I work for Verizon Wireless (at the HQ, so no I can't get you a free phone) so they might have an issue if I rooted a device they pay for, LOL!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

I've got the Moto Droid 1 and Moto Xoom tablet...

The phone is my business use phone so no rooting it. I'm waiting a bit on the tablet. I work for Verizon Wireless (at the HQ, so no I can't get you a free phone) so they might have an issue if I rooted a device they pay for, LOL!
Well, I was going to say that as a customer it is your right to do whatever you please with the phone that you purchased, but since you get yours for work for free.. With that being said, there are ways to unroot your phone.

Trust me, rooting will open so many doors for you and even free apps, if you so choose. Not only can you increase the performance of your phone (ex. OC or different methods of accessing/storing data), you can also UC/UV to save battery, infinitely customize, learn more about your phone (if you're into that), etc.

It's kind of like jailbreaking the iOS, except infinitely better and without the hassle of firmware and baseband BS. F*ck Apple and their monopoly.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:06 PM
DMAC2

That's insane. People have some nerve!!!!

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge