MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Tuning (https://my350z.com/forum/tuning-448/)
-   -   Amuse Throttle response? (https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/225958-amuse-throttle-response.html)

Z33 Track Pack 10-24-2006 06:58 PM

Amuse Throttle response?

This might be a long shot. But does anyone know how to tune your car so that the "drive by wire" can be significantly faster response? Like the Amuse tuning ECU as well as their tuning on the throttle body as well??? I hope you guys can understand this. Cause I just can't really find a better word for this. :confused:

Wired 24/7 10-24-2006 11:59 PM

Wow.

I've never heard of a single complaint about throttle response on the Z.

Can you post up what kind of mods, wheels, tuning, etc you're running?

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, whether throttle by wire response time can be decreased.

Z33 Track Pack 10-25-2006 11:48 AM

My car is fairly stock. The only mod I have is the Replacement K&N filter as well as HKS Ti-Dual exhaust. And I am running 19" Volks. I have Prelude VTEC as well as S2000 are my other cars. Both of which are fairly stock. But I have notice that the 350Z throttle response seems to be quite slow when compare with the others. I am not planning to go for FI. Hence, I am not willing to spend a lot in the engine department. I am looking for upgrading the ECU as well as the Throttle response as I orginally posted.

Motormouth 10-25-2006 11:52 AM

??? really? you might have something wrong. throttle response on the Z is pretty instantaneous... are you in the right gear? :D

Z33 Track Pack 10-25-2006 07:09 PM

OMG... haha... Am I in the right gear?? LOL...Man, This is hopeless isn't it.. I am only getting useless comments from kids here.. Nevermind.. I will find my answer elsewhere.:icon18:

plumpzz 10-25-2006 07:17 PM

Its slower in the lower RPMs and much faster in the upper RPMs. Thats part of the computer. You can try a big bore TB, but that won't really help much. You're forgetting that your hondas have smaller lighter engines which are the biggest factor in 'throttle response' which really is a feel not something that can be measured.

Hammond 10-25-2006 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Z33 Track Pack
OMG... haha... Am I in the right gear?? LOL...Man, This is hopeless isn't it.. I am only getting useless comments from kids here.. Nevermind.. I will find my answer elsewhere.:icon18:

Thats a pretty ignorant statement.. I dont think anyone can help you with this:icon22:

Wired 24/7 10-25-2006 07:54 PM

your throttle response is slow because you lack tuning, your performance mods don't add up to much hp at the wheels, and speaking of wheels, yours are pretty heavy. I have 19" volks too and believe me, the acceleration versus stock is less (proven at the 1/4 mile strip)

Your slow throttle response has nothing to do with the TB

Do you think when you step on the throttle, the throttle plate opens all slow? No. It opens within about 20ms.

So please stop trying to fix what isn't broken, then calling the rest of us "kids"

undrgnd 10-26-2006 12:19 PM

Lighten up Francis! Get a light flywheel/clutch assembly, maybe a pulley set, open up the breathing a little bit more, get a tune, and make sure you're in the right gear up in the power band.

chimmike 10-26-2006 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by undrgnd
Lighten up Francis! Get a light flywheel/clutch assembly, maybe a pulley set, open up the breathing a little bit more, get a tune, and make sure you're in the right gear up in the power band.

+1. you're obviously new at this, so you're looking in the wrong place for better throttle response. Our stock flywheel is heavy. You're also turning a strong, heavy crank with 6 con-rods and 6 pistons, plus a heavy crank pulley, going through a beefy tranny and rear end. It's not made to be high/fast revving, it's a torque machine (something you may not have experience with owning hondas.)

Motormouth 10-26-2006 02:33 PM

thanks, bye.

plumpzz 10-26-2006 06:56 PM

In all honesty though, there was a video on this forum of a guy reving hsi tilton flywheel clutch. Rev'd up like a enzo. **** was QUICK. If thats what "throttle" response is to you, thats what you need.
Otherwise, im not too sure what you want. My sisters RSX has ****ty "throttle response" if thats what youre talking about, on a lighter, smaller, less torquy motor (with less moment on the crank shaft).

carluch 10-30-2006 02:12 PM

as i understand it, the ecu doesnt control the throttle in a 1:1 ratio. under 50% throttle input, the ecu open the throttle equally. meaning at 25% throttle input, the throttle plate isnt necessarily open 25%. from what ive read, over 50% throttle input, the throttle control is 1:1 (aside from when engine temps are higher, limiting it to 80%)obviously, this is a simplified explaination as to how the ecu controls the throttle, but the point still remains...
maybe this is what the question is regarding(throttle plate response), rather than what physical parts everyone is suggesting that will improve engine response...

to answer the original question, i believe technosquare does an ecu reflash that addresses this. according to them, they are the only oem ecu tuner stateside that does.

s13SRmadness 10-31-2006 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by carluch
as i understand it, the ecu doesnt control the throttle in a 1:1 ratio. under 50% throttle input, the ecu open the throttle equally. meaning at 25% throttle input, the throttle plate isnt necessarily open 25%. from what ive read, over 50% throttle input, the throttle control is 1:1 (aside from when engine temps are higher, limiting it to 80%)obviously, this is a simplified explaination as to how the ecu controls the throttle, but the point still remains...
maybe this is what the question is regarding(throttle plate response), rather than what physical parts everyone is suggesting that will improve engine response...

to answer the original question, i believe technosquare does an ecu reflash that addresses this. according to them, they are the only oem ecu tuner stateside that does.

funny that this nobody grasps the issue and all the other members, including moderators, basically suggest the thread starter is a moron who needs to buy tons of parts or, even more annoying, that there is no problem at all.
look to the japs. they always manage to take care of these issues that americans arent willing to admit even exist.

EM-EFER 10-31-2006 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by carluch

AAM as well.

Wired 24/7 10-31-2006 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by s13SRmadness
funny that this nobody grasps the issue and all the other members, including moderators, basically suggest the thread starter is a moron who needs to buy tons of parts or, even more annoying, that there is no problem at all.
look to the japs. they always manage to take care of these issues that americans arent willing to admit even exist.

The throttle opens up 100% when the pedal is to the floor. (I believe Sharif has confirmed this...)

There has been some controversy about this when driving under certain circumstances. But for all intents and purposes, the throttle plate does open all the way.

I believe the reason some people think the throttle plate doesn't open all the way is that the maximum signal that you can get out of the throttle position sensor is about 4.19V, which if you divide by 5V, equals about 84%. That doesn't mean the throttle only opens 84%.

What is the purpose of having a perfectly linear relationship between pedal position and throttle plate opening? There is none. If you want more power, you press the pedal down more. If you want less, you press it down less.

The system works fine, with very high response rate.

At least we're not driving luxury cars where the throttle plate opening is ramped more slowly to prevent jerking of the car :rolleyes:

By the way, "jap" is a racial slur, asshat.

Wired 24/7 10-31-2006 09:39 AM

Any source for this information?
Thanks.

I am aware that the Technosquare reflash is supposed to address the throttle plate issue but as I mentioned in the previous post, Sharif has confirmed that the throttle plate opens up all the way. Maybe earlier revisions of the ECU had this problem.

chimmike 10-31-2006 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by s13SRmadness

whatever the reason is that you don't post much, please, don't start posting more :rolleyes:

carluch 10-31-2006 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
The throttle opens up 100% when the pedal is to the floor. (I believe Sharif has confirmed this...)

There has been some controversy about this when driving under certain circumstances. But for all intents and purposes, the throttle plate does open all the way.

I believe the reason some people think the throttle plate doesn't open all the way is that the maximum signal that you can get out of the throttle position sensor is about 4.19V, which if you divide by 5V, equals about 84%. That doesn't mean the throttle only opens 84%.

i dont think the issue was so much about the total amount the throttle plate opens. i only mentioned it to elaborate the fact that the ecu has control over the throttle plate, moreso than the operator...

What is the purpose of having a perfectly linear relationship between pedal position and throttle plate opening? There is none. If you want more power, you press the pedal down more. If you want less, you press it down less.

the purpose is to gain feeling than the original poster, and others may feel is lacking. because you are fine with the oem control, doesnt mean that it isnt an issue for others. to not recognize this is ignorant and narrow-minded...

The system works fine, with very high response rate.

again, i dont thin the issue is response in terms of how quickly the throttle plate opens after the throttle pedal is depressed. this is nearly instantaneous, i think we all can agree. the issue, which you may still be unclear with, is the relationship between the amount the throttle pedal is depressed with the amount the throttle plate is open... not so much a rate in consideration of time, but a rate of the pedal vs. the plate.... sorry if i am not clear, i dont know how to explain it more plainly.

At least we're not driving luxury cars where the throttle plate opening is ramped more slowly to prevent jerking of the car :rolleyes:

while you may find comfort comparing your sports car to a luxury car, i think it is more appropriate to compare apples to apples. i certainly wouldnt compare the performance of my running shoes to my dress shoes, for example...

By the way, "jap" is a racial slur, asshat.

whether he used "jap" in an attempt to be offensive or not, you, have just illustrated, through your name calling, that either you lack the maturity or intelligence to hold a reasonable conversation. or to make any worthwhile addition to this thread...

s13SRmadness 10-31-2006 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by chimmike
whatever the reason is that you don't post much, please, don't start posting more :rolleyes:

why would you say that?
if you guys noticed i was complimenting the jap tuners. i use the word like other people may refer to americans as "yankees" i do not mean it offensively at all. we're way past ww2, get over it. i use the term all the time on a board that is comprised of half japs and no one has a problem with it.
sharif had better be right- otherwise you guys were all helping spread misinformation which is exactly what you want to avoid on car forums.

i dont think the issue was so much about the total amount the throttle plate opens. i only mentioned it to elaborate the fact that the ecu has control over the throttle plate, moreso than the operator...
this is the main issue that everyone doesnt have a problem with. and why would you when most of the people on this forum are just car show losers and hard-parkers.
you dont need full throttle control to get to the next loser hooters meet, do you?