Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev wants suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Michla22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm , I'm not sure how to update the cable without Osiris. Next time I run into Rich i'll ask if you haven't gotten it figured out by then.

ok , i think i got it - go to their site and download the Osiris standard installer here :
http://uprev.com/support.php

Then install the program ( shouldn't need a license at this point).
Now go to the program folder Uprev then look for a cable manager exe - run that.
Then follow these instructions i found elsewhere:

1. Hook your cable up to your lap top via the USB port.
2. Access the Cable Manager Folder from the Osiris program.
3. Once the Cable Manager loads you should see a screen with the cable's information including, serial number, firmware version, Vender ID, etc...
4. Now click the Update Firmware button on the lower left hand corner under tools.
5. Another screen should pop up that shows UpRev Interface Firmware V162.Chipher or the latest version you see on your computer. Click on it then hit open.
6. Give it a minute to load. Once that's finished, you should see "Done!" in the message field on the previous Cable Management Tool screen you opened. You shouldn't need any kind of additional license from UpRev.

Hope that works.

Last edited by Michla22; 09-09-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:16 AM
bardabe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Launch controlllllll
Old 09-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Michla22

Originally Posted by bardabe
Launch controlllllll
Just floor it an and pop the clutch
Old 09-10-2010, 12:33 AM
bardabe

Originally Posted by Michla22
Just floor it an and pop the clutch
at 8K lol seems a lil high no?
Old 09-10-2010, 02:40 AM
Michla22

Originally Posted by bardabe
at 8K lol seems a lil high no?
haha - actually i'm hoping to get some solid rear diff bushings soon to help out with some nasty wheel hop here and there.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:33 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Can they add the option to do the ECU Resetting Procedures, Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning Operation Procedure and Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning) to Osiris (just like the Consult III)
Old 09-10-2010, 08:12 AM
biggersNISMO

Originally Posted by midz350
Can they add the option to do the ECU Resetting Procedures, Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning Operation Procedure and Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning) to Osiris (just like the Consult III)
Old 09-10-2010, 06:20 PM
06CPV35

Hmmm , I'm not sure how to update the cable without Osiris. Next time I run into Rich i'll ask if you haven't gotten it figured out by then.

<
<
<
<
<
<

Hope that works.
In a semi-direct way without having to download Osiris.....it worked. There's a UprevUpDater.exe that I launched/tried again from prior attempts. It did some kind of quick auto update with deleting old files/adding new. Think both those procedures were the ticket. After I re-booted CPU, I'm connected to my ECU again.

A kazillion thanks
Old 09-14-2010, 06:40 AM
06blueZ

so does anybody know why Uprev was banned? I have been trying to contact them with a few specific questions and have not received a response, been about a week.

sooo.. I guess I will ask it here. I have a 2006 revup, and ever since new I have notices some slight knocking. I always use 93 octane, tried different brands of gas, it is always there... the only mod I have is an mrev2, and it knocked before and after this. I may do a few more bolt ons in the future...

Will the Osiris Standard tunes correct this slight knock?

also I am a little discouraged about them not replying to me, has anyone else had communication issues with them?

Last edited by 06blueZ; 09-14-2010 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:41 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

* I'd like to see the average correction % in addition to just the A/F in the tuning cells in Cipher (or ROM editor once it does live tuning properly).

* No more trace line... just hilite the cells that were hit. The darker the cell, the more hits...ect. Hovering over the cell should show as much information as possible averaged like A/F, correction, and timing. We shouldn't have to have to trace timing and A/F separately and have data roll off after only 60 seconds!

* As of now even the timing trace doesn't show average values when you hover over the trace. All we can do is watch the timing value in realtime and hope for the best?

* Aftermarket wideband integration -- this isn't hard at all, guys... jeffsoftware's $30 UTI does it.

* Logging and tuning at the same time..is this too much to ask?

* Quit losing all my settings every time I run the updater

* Quit closing/throwing away my ROM without saving anything when I try to flash with the A/C on (yes, really!!! LOL) or accidentally click the "X" box in the ROM window.

* Auto logging with more than just a speed trigger... how about load, TPS, MAF voltage instead? Makes a lot more sense for boost tuning.

* User configurable alarms/alerts and more flexibility on the gauge displays for us CarPC folks

* Quit making me have to find the log folder every time I open a log

* Quit making me have to manually set up and scale the graphs and order and settings every time I view a log

* Auto connect to ECU in cipher / rom editor.

* Ability to see what MAP you're on without changing it and thus losing any live tuning you've done on it

* Temperature corrections (more than just cranking/startup)

* 2D graphing -- why 3D with only 2D data? Also there are some instabilities with the graphing, I've had rom editor lock up many, many times when viewing data as a graph

* Axis values on the 3D graphs

* Smoothing instead of straight line, linear interpolation

* Knock count

* Better/more documentation

That's all for now...

Last edited by djamps; 09-14-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:52 AM
06blueZ

Originally Posted by 06blueZ
so does anybody know why Uprev was banned? I have been trying to contact them with a few specific questions and have not received a response, been about a week.

sooo.. I guess I will ask it here. I have a 2006 revup, and ever since new I have notices some slight knocking. I always use 93 octane, tried different brands of gas, it is always there... the only mod I have is an mrev2, and it knocked before and after this. I may do a few more bolt ons in the future...

also I am a little discouraged about them not replying to me, has anyone else had communication issues with them?

Also, does anyone know if I can use the map switching feature on my base model if I add the cruise control buttons? I already added the radio controls, but did not add the cruise controls because they would be useless for me... but maybe they will work for map switching?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:04 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Also, does anyone know if I can use the map switching feature on my base model if I add the cruise control buttons? I already added the radio controls, but did not add the cruise controls because they would be useless for me... but maybe they will work for map switching?
Your ECU part # is most likely different than that of a model that has CC.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:04 AM
djamps

No map switching without the cruise buttons. Also no map switching period on '02, '03, and early '04 ECUs.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:08 AM
djamps

I'm sure they got banned for not paying IB to be a sponsor.

Email him, jared@uprev.com

You can pull 1-2 degrees of timing with Cipher (as can the dealer). That should cure the knock.

Last edited by djamps; 09-14-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Michla22

Originally Posted by djamps
I'm sure they got banned for not paying IB to be a sponsor.
Correct they did.

However I have an 03 and I can switch through my 5 maps.....
Old 09-14-2010, 10:45 AM
djamps

Correct they did.

However I have an 03 and I can switch through my 5 maps.....
Sorry, I was thinking G's. I'm pretty sure some early Z's have similar limitation.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:26 PM
weslutes

I have an early 03 G and can switch through all maps
Old 09-15-2011, 09:40 PM
LB350z07

map switching with base model z!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:01 AM
karletto66

I would like a simply thing : that UPREV replies to mail in "normal" times...

Usually a lot of days waiting...
To make a "conversetion" about tuning it's 3 weeks and more and we are not again at the end...
Old 10-08-2011, 10:17 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djamps

* Quit closing/throwing away my ROM without saving anything when I try to flash with the A/C on (yes, really!!! LOL) or accidentally click the "X" box in the ROM window.

* Auto logging with more than just a speed trigger... how about load, TPS, MAF voltage instead? Makes a lot more sense for boost tuning.

* User configurable alarms/alerts and more flexibility on the gauge displays for us CarPC folks

* 2D graphing -- why 3D with only 2D data? Also there are some instabilities with the graphing, I've had rom editor lock up many, many times when viewing data as a graph
1. Seems like a trivial addition. A simple confirmation dialog box would suffice.

2. TPS would be great, gets to be cumbersome sifting through data logs.

3. Ability to drag and drop displays. Hate having AFR 1 on top left and AFR 2 on bottom right, not that this happens, but having them be split by another display is annoying. Or having MAF 1 to the left of MAF 2, but having AFR reversed, etc...

4. 3D graph crashing is a non-trivial issue. I've now managed to replicate the crash each and every time by loading either the intake or exhaust cam timing table in 3D graphing. Any user manipulation of the graph leads to a crash. Not sure if its just my system and configuration that's causing it, but it's a consistent one. I've had it crash 2 or 3 times by manipulation of other 3D graphs, but rare enough to be flukes.

My additions:

* Get rid of Hex in RTT.

* Timing in degrees maybe.

*More intuitive labels for tables i.e. no more 'data byte'

Quick Reply: Uprev wants suggestions.