Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

G35 ECU swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 08:41 AM
JPotta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35 ECU swap

I'm sure this title got your attention because this sounds like the dumbest thing that there would be no reason for ever. That being said I bought my friends ecu from his 03 g35 sedan and had it programmed at a dealer in my 05 350z. I wanted his ecu because it already has uprev software and was dyno tuned for all the same mods i had. The uprev features function properly and I'm able to switch tunes via the cruise control. When driving the car with a snap on scan tool connected, the first full throttle pull in any gear will pull hard and the TPS shows about 4.8v once I lift off the accelerator and then depress it again it will only go back up to about 2v and feels like about half throttle.
My question is, did the dealership fail to learn the TPS properly or are there different sensors between the two vehicles and the ecu is seeing incorrect data?
Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

Old 04-19-2017, 09:12 AM
jdm-v35

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

It would have been easier to just have the tune pulled off that ecu and then have it put onto yours. the G35 and Z ecu's are different somehow, and if you have an 05 revup then it will not run right, as the 03 is a nonrevup engine.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:23 AM
JPotta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry mistake on my part mine is an 04 non revup. Is it possible to pull that tune and put it on my ECU with getting another licence?