Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

G35 tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 03:45 AM
savarenova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35 tune

Hello everyone! Im Sava. I have a question: Can i tune my rom with Romraider? (Uprev is too expensive for me)
I'm new one to the nissan. Already downloaded my rom with nisprog. Romraider has few tables. Maybe someone already did this kinda stuff. (Sorry for my bad enlgish, Im from Kazakhstan. No, we are not terrorists). Can I gain some power by adjusting only "Maf + Af target + Ingintion" tables? Or I need more tables to go hard >_< ? Especially i want to know what to do with Maf calibration.
G35 coupe 2004.5 (5AT)
PS: I've read whole "Wanted Tuning DIY" topic. Mailed to Balaguru, but unfortunately he didnt respond. Maybe other gurus will chime in?
Old 10-24-2017, 06:10 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

You can not get more power with out a dyno.

Maf tuning, AFR target, fuel schedule maps are just to calibrate safe fuel ranges and keeping AFR's.

Power comes from ignition timing. But with out a dyno you can not see where you lose or gain power. It sucks I know.

Note this tho, I'm still new my self, but that's what I know.

Best you can do is do a "street tune" and tune while you drive. But it's all a shot in the dark or a random guess. Because with out the dyno you don't get a calculated number to represent the gains.

And the power you will gain you will not feel with your butt. If you had a turbo kit that doubled or tripled your HP yea you could probably feel it. But just tuning you're stock car isn't going to do enough to bother trying to "feel" the power gains.

Last edited by CK_32; 10-24-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:09 PM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by CK_32
Note this tho, I'm still new my self,
You are new to this. Best not comment then
Old 10-24-2017, 05:37 PM
CK_32

New doesn't mean doesn't know anything. I can comment due to the fact I've been ***** deep in tuning tutorials for the last 4 months. I've also built and been working on engines and cars (professionally might I add) close to 15 years. just because I'm not the worlds best tuner and or fairly new doesn't mean I shouldn't offer little advice I may be semi familiar with.

I mean at least I gave some advice and offered some help. More than you can say right now. If I'm incorrect please explain how and then explain why and the proper process.

Unless you don't know, then you probably shouldn't comment

Last edited by CK_32; 10-24-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:49 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

If UpRev is too expensive then tuning is too expensive. Best bang for the buck is a spacer and let the ECU adjust on its own to find best power. Tuning with a ROM editor is too painful to think about. If you're tuning NA, best AFR is 12.6 on our platform. If you're tuning for FI, target 11 to 11.5 depending on temps and octane. Timing will vary depending on octane and knock protection but that is best adjusted for power on the dyno as pointed out above. You want minimum best timing that gives maximal power at any given load. For low octane or high compression situations, you may achieve knock before you reach MBT so beware.

EDIT: learn more about setting timing for power here: http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article...Right&A=109132

Last edited by rcdash; 10-24-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:10 PM
savarenova

Anyway, thanks for replies. AFAIK this is not only USA forum. You have to know that people are also live outside the USA and not all of them have wages to through like 500 dollars to tune. Im just in search of less cost, more alternative DIY ways. After I read Tuning topic, I've found that this is not just a matter of calibration of one AFR table. You also have to calibrate MAF and fuel things. I just want to make car more elastic all over the RPM.

So I get in the ECU of my car and downloaded my ROM by using nisprog. And these tables are available (see clipart). I just want to know from pros what can I do with this tables to achieve more elasticity over the revolutions. Guys from postsoviet countries are telling me that they can tune this car etc, but after reading of topics I'm more doubt about it. btw i live in Central Asia. Any advices?

Old 10-24-2017, 08:20 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Power comes from ignition timing. But with out a dyno you can not see where you lose or gain power. It sucks I know.
This...

Originally Posted by savarenova
not all of them have wages to through like 500 dollars to tune.
I wish I only had $500 usd in tuning!!

alternative DIY ways.
Uprev...

save up for it...do it nice or do it twice...

If you screw something up using a hacked solution you'll need a new engine...which is more than $500usd
The following users liked this post:
seymore4 (10-25-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 08:39 PM
savarenova

Price of uprev is normal for rich countries like USA. I understand it. This price is bigger than my salary for a month. Sorry, I respect uprev developers, but this topic is about alternative ways (nonuprev). Ways to improve a lil bit.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:10 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Price of uprev is normal for rich countries like USA. I understand it. This price is bigger than my salary for a month. Sorry, I respect uprev developers, but this topic is about alternative ways (nonuprev). Ways to improve a lil bit.
Everyone is on a budget ... but if you don't have the tools you cant do the work - good luck!
Atreyu'z 350 (10-26-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 12:33 PM
Blizzard25

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You can not get more power with out a dyno.

Maf tuning, AFR target, fuel schedule maps are just to calibrate safe fuel ranges and keeping AFR's.

Note this tho, I'm still new my self, but that's what I know.

Best you can do is do a "street tune" and tune while you drive. But it's all a shot in the dark or a random guess. Because with out the dyno you don't get a calculated number to represent the gains.

And the power you will gain you will not feel with your butt. If you had a turbo kit that doubled or tripled your HP yea you could probably feel it. But just tuning you're stock car isn't going to do enough to bother trying to "feel" the power gains.
Most of this post is incorrect. Please don't give advice in areas you don't understand
seymore4 (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 01:49 PM
CK_32

Another one lol

Please elaborate. If I'm incorrect explain why and how. Don't come in passing judgement yet offer 0 information or help.

Just telling me I'm wrong helps no one here, or in the future.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:42 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

I don't know what's wrong with CKs post and why everyone is jumping his ****?

I don't see anything wrong with what he posted?
Power gains do come from running a optimal air fuel ratio, sure ... ignition timing is where power is optimized and engines either live or die by.

In the real world (and NOT behind a keyboard) at the car meets, the tuner shops, and people that stop you to talk about your car I don't worry about people that tell me they are beginner tuners...I worry about people that tell me they can tune anything...trust is a funny thing

but do enlighten me - what's wrong with CK's statements/post?

Last edited by bealljk; 10-25-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Atreyu'z 350 (10-26-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 06:43 PM
CK_32

It's funny they have time do like each other's posts, yet can't answer why I'm "wrong".

I'd also really like to know how else you find the OTT (optimal torque timing) and BTT value (Best Toque Timing) if they don't use and play with the ignition timing to find it. Especially with out a dyno.

Last edited by CK_32; 10-25-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:15 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

I'd also really like to know how else you find the OTT (optimal torque timing) and BTT value (Best Toque Timing) if they don't use and play with the ignition timing to find it. Especially with out a dyno.
I know it by MBT (max brake torque) but yea - AFR is very forgiving while ignition timing isnt ... anyone that tells you they tune timing without a dyno is foolish.

when people tell me they road-tune ignition timing, I smile and nod my head...

I just wanna know what they thought was so wrong bc you're statements were SOOOOO vanilla ... it's not like they were so far in left field...

Looks like Blizzard is up in fort collins ... maybe I'll come across him and pick his brain on tuning...looks like all his post are related to Uprev - I bet he's pretty knowledgable on it...

Last edited by bealljk; 10-25-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:19 PM
savarenova

You have to understand that talk is only about this cars (350z, g35). Most of people in post soviet countries are able to tune their cars even without any dyno or something else on the road( maybe this is called street dyno). Im talking of russian automobiles ))) Dyno is a priviledge only for huge FI projects here from <800hp like m bmws and AMG mercs, but I go NA. And Im also asking you not to go off topic please.
I've seen CKs post that he fkd up something. Maybe because of this ppl are shtin on him )))
Also, I've seen tables of UPREV for tune of 350z: Found some official video in the web, some guy is explaining on tables, analyzed this video compared to my maps and found it possible to make things come true and I am able to tell that Im missing only few inconspicuous tables like torque management and something else (anyway i dont want to touch AT work). Also im not able to turn off DTCs. (That maybe some trouble).
I want to know if these second o2 sensors are participating in engine work?
Because after i decated my exhaust I've seen no difference in acceleration except louder sound, what will happen if these dtcs will be in the ECU? and is there any different way to turn them off?
I need to make my AFR target table first. Then i need to calibrate MAF by collecting of logs and bring infor thru djamps maf excel file. if im not mistaken.
I dont understand regarding Fuel compensation(if to rise all cells up to 100). How I will be able to see real Fuel compensation numbers happening in car(do i need to collect compensation log or can i leave this cells 100)?
I've got TECU3 and NDS2 soft to log. I dont have Wideband sensor except my OEM.
I've found Innovates afr to voltage chart to make comparisons of my voltages to afr.
Also i've seen balaguru's experiments with Timing Main table. Where he made 50 - 54 degrees changes. And if i understood he said that it added some elasticity to engine work? Who can explain this like for dummies? )))

Last edited by savarenova; 10-25-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:33 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Most of people in post soviet countries are able to tune their cars even without any dyno or something else on the road( maybe this is called street dyno).
I'm not discrediting you or insulting you that you live in a place that has minimal dyno access ... it's the had you were dealt ... I'm 5' 4" and bald and it sucks...but I make the best out of it.

Rolling road ... you can tune your car by road tuning / street tuning but it will not be optimal and you are risking your engine.

You can find dyno time, it might be at 3am and cost you a lot of money but you can find it. I agree with you - dyno time anywhere is a privilege.

I've seen CKs post that he fkd up something. Maybe because of this ppl are shtin on him
could be, but at least he's got the ***** to go and do it and post about his failure rather than throwing his keys to a tuner/shop...

Also, I've seen tables of UPREV for tune of 350z:
tunes are specific to your engine, your location, your fuel...dont assume a 350z/G35 tune in america is going to work optimally on your engine.

I dont feel like responding to the rest of your post and I doubt I'll have any impact on you ... if you want my opinion with the intention of using it, feel free to PM me directly...I hope your car & engine tuning works out how you want it to...

Last edited by bealljk; 10-25-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:39 PM
savarenova

Also if you are able to look into ROMs I can send you my ROM for analysis )))
Old 10-25-2017, 08:45 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Also if you are able to look into ROMs I can send you my ROM for analysis )))
I'm not...I run a haltech (back to my statement about having the right tool to do the job)
Old 10-25-2017, 08:51 PM
savarenova

Rolling road ... you can tune your car by road tuning / street tuning but it will not be optimal and you are risking your engine.
Im aware of possible damages, im not afraid of them. Just doing this for experiments. Not for best power for the buck.

You can find dyno time, it might be at 3am and cost you a lot of money but you can find it.
You dont understand bro, there is no dyno at all. Only in Capital, which is located from me in 4000 kilometers. It's not worth at all.

Hes got the ***** to go and do it and post about his failure - I want to do it also, but without failure )))

Tunes are specific to your engine, your location, your fuel...dont assume a 350z/G35 tune in america is going to work optimally on your engine.
Dont get it. I' dont want ot copy/paste data from someone. But make it by slow steps. And also i dont think that gasoline is way different. Usually its just the matter of callories and knock stability which is protected by Hi det table if im not wrong. Also read somewhere here that its hard to make VQ35 go detoning.

Im here to ask ppl on how to use different tools and tables. Not for worries and so. Im a big guy now. Thanks for respond.
Tools are good, but this is the case when you dont have the right tool.

Last edited by savarenova; 10-25-2017 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:26 PM
savarenova

https://www.youtube.com/user/gpectw - plz give your comments regardging this tunes?