MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Tuning (https://my350z.com/forum/tuning-448/)
-   -   lost UpRev Cipher and Osiris (https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/618024-lost-uprev-cipher-and-osiris.html)

micho196 12-07-2017 10:53 AM

lost UpRev Cipher and Osiris

Hi all,

I didn't use my UpRev RomEditor for a long time, almost 1 year and I realized that after software and firmware update I lost Cipher and Osiris. Have only RomEditor working. I care about Cipher because it's useful during log analyzing and have possibility to read and clear DTS's. Tried to reinstall Uprev Suite but still dont have Cipher. During software update I can't see that Cipher.exe is downloading...

I wanna ask if anyone of you have the same issue with Cipher and Osiris?

CK_32 12-07-2017 11:01 AM

It's all one unit program now.

I just started using UpRev and looked for months for cypher and the different extras. Before I found out it was all put into the one program.

Cypher is now one of your Osiris tabs. I honestly think the new program set up is cleaner looking. But more difficult to use.

micho196 12-07-2017 11:37 AM

Sounds reasonable but I lost Osiris as well so can't choose tabs. Have only RomEditor. Maybe I can't see something. Could you please post screenshot where you have Cipher features? For example you can turn off ignition coil or release fuel pump pressure...

dkmura 12-07-2017 01:10 PM

If you already paid for an UpRev license, why not just call them and get help in downloading their programs?

CK_32 12-07-2017 01:52 PM

Yea the romeditor is all they use now.

I think their FAQ has all the download links for Back to stock and RomEditor which hosts all the Osiris tabs and the new hidden cypher.

micho196 12-07-2017 11:09 PM

OK I'll check that. Thanks a lot

micho196 12-11-2017 04:12 AM

I tried to find hidden cipher features but the only thing I found is clearing and retrieving DTC faultcodes. I can't see how to turn off ignition coil, how to operate window motor or release fuel pressure and so on...Can someone confirm that it's normal?

tcode 12-11-2017 11:38 PM

Sub'd

seymore4 12-12-2017 04:26 PM

The BCM functions that we used to have in Cipher are gone (for now). I have been told they are looking for ways to incorporate it into rom editor in the future, but nothing official.

MatthewBouchard 12-12-2017 05:24 PM

I still use the older version that has them separate. I disliked the Rom Editor and found it confusing.

sergofast 03-14-2018 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by MatthewBouchard (Post 10930925)
I still use the older version that has them separate. I disliked the Rom Editor and found it confusing.

Can you send a copy of this file? I have an older cipher cable that I havent updated and dont want to lose cipher by updating the firmware/program.

seymore4 03-14-2018 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by sergofast (Post 10944936)
Can you send a copy of this file? I have an older cipher cable that I havent updated and dont want to lose cipher by updating the firmware/program.

Good luck with that... I would strongly recommend sticking with the most recent version of the software.

sergofast 03-14-2018 08:45 PM

[QUOTE=seymore4;10944941]Good luck with that... I would strongly recommend sticking with the most recent version of the software.[/QU

Thanks for the heads up...but I have my reasons. Unfortunately the loss in functionality is due to a few dishonest technical people hacking the software. Hense the reason why you can no longer flash back to stock with Tuner without sending a screenshot with time stamps to uprev directly to recover the license. SMH....

Blizzard25 03-15-2018 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=sergofast;10944942]

Originally Posted by seymore4 (Post 10944941)
Good luck with that... I would strongly recommend sticking with the most recent version of the software.[/QU

Thanks for the heads up...but I have my reasons. Unfortunately the loss in functionality is due to a few dishonest technical people hacking the software. Hense the reason why you can no longer flash back to stock with Tuner without sending a screenshot with time stamps to uprev directly to recover the license. SMH....

The loss in functionality had nothing to do with people hacking the software, it had everything to do with the fact they just wanted to move to a single software suite because people were getting confused.

MatthewBouchard 03-15-2018 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by sergofast (Post 10944936)

I'm sure I can, if you still want it, pm me your email and ill send it when im back in town next week.

Tritan 05-29-2018 05:06 PM

So Matt sent the Cipher files because I also had the update that moved everything to ROM Editor and killed Cipher and its awesome dashboards... I couldn't get it to connect to the cable tonight. I called Uprev and they told me its no longer supported, no plans to add dashboards to ROM editor.