Notices
Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

2014 USGP F1 -Info on best views costing less than Premium seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 05:53 PM
ZZILLA-TX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 USGP F1 -Info on best views costing less than Premium seats

I'm Dan Prall, member of the Z Club of Texas in Dallas, working with Anthony Rizzo at Circuit of the Americas [COTA] to get a block of seats for the 2014 F1 USGP at COTA over Halloween weekend for Z Club members and GT-R owners, similar to what Chris Coronado did back last March for the GrandAm... but the $69 GrandAm seats we had then cost $2000 for the USGP weekend, and the view wasn't as good as I had with my $499 seats.

Last year when the seats went on sale on 23 March, it was a mad scramble to find seats I liked at Turn 12, because there was no picking seats, just random picks. One chance in about 7000. Two seats at random: "Do you want these? No. No." After half-an-hour on about the eighth try, I took them, and they were fantastic seats. Turn 12, Section 12, Row 33 [of 37], Seats 15-16.

I could see about 40% of the track, about 1.4 of 3.34 miles, as you can see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IhB4FTXYS Best watched full-screen.

I don't want to go thru that hassle again this year, thus this project in the spirit of "millions for defense but not one cent for tribute" or something like that. I make no money from this. All payments go directly to COTA, but I'll coordinate the list and notifications. Based on the number showing interest, a block of seats will be set. The seats will go on sale to the group before general sales begin, during a certain period. Any unsold seats will go back in the mix for general sales.

All Turn 12 seats in 2013 were $499 each and went on sale 23 March. For 2014, prices and sale dates may change. The USGP will be two weeks earlier this year 31 Oct-2 Nov], so tickets may go on sale in February. It costs nothing to get on the list. No cost until you buy tickets thru COTA.

If you're considering this, please send me your contact information to me at 2014GP@diverdan.name, and include this info:
1] 2014USGP on the subject line.
2] Preferred Email address.
3] Name on a credit/debit card you would use to pay COTA [for list matching only; don't say you're Al Bundy and then use a card as John A. Bundy later].
4] Number of seats you'd want.
5] How serious are you, scale of 1-5?

The last is for credibility purposes with COTA. If I give them a list of 200 and they sell 10, Z Club credibility is in the toilet for the future, even tho I'm not an official Z Club rep, which is why I ask for interest ranking......500 "ones" may get 10 seats held....

I'll have more info for anyone who replies about details like parking, best sunblock, stadium seats, and more, but that's for later.

Please don't wait until the last minute to respond. Best by end of January. I'm just one old guy at 73 trying to arrange fun for all you youngsters. And ME, of course.

Dan Prall
Josef D. Prall
2014GP@diverdan.name
Carrollton, TX
Current GT-R owner since 29 Aug 08; had '72 240Z since 26 Jan 72 with 233k miles. Sold to a Cowtown Z Club member for a dollar for rebuilding after I got the GT-R.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:04 PM
ZZILLA-TX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Information for all. For any questions, email me at 2014USGP at diverdan dot name and put 2014Seats in the subject line.

Anthony Rizzo at COTA had new info recently. Ticket prices are the same as last year, and will go on sale the first week of March. I'll call him and email him my list on Wednesday 26 February and get the word out all who have shown interest. You'll have a couple of days to order your tickets if you want them.

I also plan to finalize the list Tuesday evening the 25th, so please send your info requested in the original a few days before then.

As to parking, for older fans I suggest Lot F at COTA, three days for $200. For younger, you can take a much longer time in busses and dropoff at more distant places. As always, contact me for more info if you haven't been to an F1 weekend.

Turn 12 seats remain $499 each, but Mr. Rizzo suggested that if people didn't want these [in my opinion] best seats, we could also get a group area at Turn 9 for $299 each. All the bleacher seats except Turn 12 are $299, and I think turn 9 is the best of the cheaper seats, and all upper bleachers are much better than General Admission.

Turn 1 and 15 permanent seats start at $1000 for the lowest-down, and rise to $1500 and $2000 at the top. Turn 12 seats are $499 and all other grandstand seats are $299. Pit lane and main grandstand seats? If you wanted those, you'd be driving Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Bugattis, not Nissans... and in my opinion, you wouldn't see as much as you would from Turn 12.

I figure everyone should take any seat in the block, and we can rearrange among ourselves. Our seats would start in Sec 12 at rows 35 and 36 of 37, seats 1-5/6 in each row for the eleven tickets [maybe] so far. I'll arrange the block size with Mr Rizzo on the 26th, then you can order in that block. Fine details and ordering info to follow later. If any are intrested in Turn 9, I'll work out a plan then, but I'll need info from you at least a week before.

I have several photos that don't work at the sizes allow in the forum, of Turn 9 panorama views and others to help you decide. If you want them, email me at 2014USGP at diverdan dot name and put 2014Seats in the subject line. Not large files, but the panorama is 1584 pixels wide at 72 dpi.

By the way, my guest will be a guy I met at the first F1 at COTA in 2012 who knows as much about the technical details of F1 as all of you together know about Z's. I learned a lot from him in 2013 at the race.

In addition to the YouTube video I posted in the head of the thread, you can see some great views on the track on 2013 F1 weekend at
http://360photopro.com/circuit-of-th.../f1-race-2013/
You can drag them around, up and down. Have fun.

I have lots more info for anyone who gets on the no-obligation list, but this is not the time or place for it. Some of it I'll post here later, and it's mostly about what to take, where to park, non-greasy SPF 50 sunblock, wher to stay, and other survival advice.

So if you might like to see the 2014 USGP at COTA Halloween weekend in the company of other Z and GT-R owners, from the best seats for the price, you have a couple of weeks to decide. I hope to see a lot of you then.