Notices
Videos View/post video clips of the Z/G35 here.

Anyone watch Utube vids on 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:39 PM
DraGonAlchemist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone watch Utube vids on 350z?

Is it me or does it seem like all them vids DeFame the Z name?. . less it's a Twin Turbo?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Get_Zwole

yeah i agree people dont realize how quick or capable the car is in corners etc. until the ride in it. Ive changed about 8 peoples minds about the z. They always think its a cool lookin car but thats it. Then i take a couple twisties in the mid 60's or 70's and see them over there holding onto that door handle for dear life. Then we come to a stop and they always say damn thats a powerful v6 lol.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:36 PM
CRAYY Z

yeah, they see most of those videos of them losing to 500whp sti's and automatically assume Z's are slow...
Old 01-08-2008, 04:26 AM
DraGonAlchemist

exactly. .and the z's always got a damn passenger increasing the weight. .
Old 01-08-2008, 05:11 AM
Banned

we just need to stop caring about what other people say about our z. i mean ask them if they could afford one. and say,,,,,,until you can afford one......(and actually drive one) shut the F up........
Old 01-08-2008, 05:17 AM
DanielW
Banned

most of the videos of youtube are of highway drag races. And most of the people that take those videos have fast straight line cars. The Z just isn't made for strait line racing so it usually loses unless it has some type of power adder (turbo, S/C, nitrous)
Old 01-08-2008, 05:22 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree. Other cars feel like it's a "big" win when racing a 350z so they always post up their win video. That's all you see. If you guys ever read the comments, they always say things like "waste of a mid $30k car" and "i rather get a _____ and put less than 2k in parts and blow the doors off of a 350z". I guess they expected a lot from a car that is in the price range of a lot of faster cars.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:15 AM
macs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are just imature kids who do that. I rather spend the money on classy looking car that has power and handles like it's on rails. I loved my 350z. I had it after I had a fully modded 430 hp EVO 8.Only had Exhaust, intake and pleanum spacer, and 19" wheels on the 350Z and would rather have it back than the EVO. Just a much classier car IMO.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Donsred350Z

What I see is the opposite in a recent Car & Driver Utube the Z, Audi TT, special Mustang GT 315hp & RX-8 were compared.

As the story goes the 07 Z, was almost as fast as the Mustang's 5.1 time 0-60 with the Z coming at 5.2, its skid pad 0.93g matched the TTs, It had the fastest track time, with the TT coming in 2nd, the Mustang was given prop for its launch and burn outs, but came in last because it fading brakes, steering and suspension didn't match the other 3. The Audi TT was given prop for its interior, overall quailty but slow 0-60 time 6.0 just better then 8's 6.5. The Z was crippled by its plastic interior reminding them that it was the cheapest car tested, it also was given a reverse slap in the face, that it was a drivers car, had the best overall Track performance and was labeled the Japanese Corvette a fine drivers car that lacked (interior I'm figuring since it was admitted to being the best track car there, brakes, steering, time) refinements? The Car that C&D choose to win this duel was the RX-8. Winning bc of its only win in the cone AutoX event 69.8 mph they didn't give the others time through the cones.
They mentioned it easy access to the rear seats, handling and oldest design. They didn't talk much about the Rx-8 mostly the Z, Mustang & TT. How in the hell did the Rx-8 win? If it lost all but one of the track events to the Z. The Audi TT was the most refined the review stated, so how did the Rx-8 win when the Youtube report actually stated other wise.

This reminded me of this race up this twisiting mountain road between a Z & Rx-8 the Z won all the races even when they swichted drivers. But they asked drivers and they like the Rx-8 IF it had some extras, but the Z was fine as it was. It's a drivers car.

It's almost like who are you going to believe Me or your lying Eyes. Damn it the Z won why ask anybody.

1.) Rx-8 $34k, 2.) Audi $38k, 3.) 07 350Z $29k & 4.) $38k Special Mustang was the final tally. It ended saying that a standard GT Mustang $26k would have perfromed the same.

Last edited by Donsred350Z; 01-08-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:38 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by Donsred350Z
What I see is the opposite in a recent Car & Driver Utube the Z, Audi TT, special Mustang GT 315hp & RX-8 were compared.

As the story goes the 07 Z, was almost as fast as the Mustang's 5.1 time 0-60 with the Z coming at 5.2, its skid pad 0.93g matched the TTs, It had the fastest track time, with the TT coming in 2nd, the Mustang was given prop for its launch and burn outs, but came in last because it fading brakes, steering and suspension didn't match the other 3. The Audi TT was given prop for its interior, overall quailty but slow 0-60 time 6.0 just better then 8's 6.5. The Z was crippled by its plastic interior reminding them that it was the cheapest car tested, it also was given a reverse slap in the face, that it was a drivers car, had the best overall Track performance and was labeled the Japanese Corvette a fine drivers car that lacked (interior I'm figuring since it was admitted to being the best track car there, brakes, steering, time) refinements? The Car that C&D choose to win this duel was the RX-8. Winning bc of its only win in the cone AutoX event 69.8 mph they didn't give the others time through the cones.
They mentioned it easy access to the rear seats, handling and oldest design. They didn't talk much about the Rx-8 mostly the Z, Mustang & TT. How in the hell did the Rx-8 win? If it lost all but one of the track events to the Z. The Audi TT was the most refined the review stated, so how did the Rx-8 win when the Youtube report actually stated other wise.

This reminded me of this race up this twisiting mountain road between a Z & Rx-8 the Z won all the races even when they swichted drivers. But they asked drivers and they like the Rx-8 IF it had some extras, but the Z was fine as it was. It's a drivers car.

It's almost like who are you going to believe Me or your lying Eyes. Damn it the Z won why ask anybody.

1.) Rx-8 $34k, 2.) Audi $38k, 3.) 07 350Z $29k & 4.) $38k Special Mustang was the final tally. It ended saying that a standard GT Mustang $26k would have perfromed the same.
My GF had a new rx-8.. . i'll give it that the car was hot to look at and drove nice but inside you ROAST due to the heat of the engine and tranny coming in, and the car was slow as hell. .i mean SLOW!!!. .i allways complained to her about it until one day she surprised me and traded it in for an 05 Sube Sti. .now that car i loved. .But like us all nothing compares to the Z. .it handles exceptional and in a TRUE race thats where it counts. .ANYONE can go fast. .but racing to me is not going in a straight line. .it's skills in being able to whip it into corner's and yada yada. ..
Old 01-08-2008, 07:44 AM
hwood

You'd hate too if you drove a neon.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:19 AM
my05350z

i bought my Z knowing quite well it wasnt the fastest thing for the money. I specifically wanted the characteristics of a rwd car, with 2 doors. I looked at the 05-06 gto and the 03-04 m3
Old 01-08-2008, 08:54 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by hwood
You'd hate too if you drove a neon.
Hells yeah!! hahahahaha... see the one with the kid and his GF taken the vid where he's yelling coOoome on Pull Pull. .n the gf's like. .You lost man face it! hahahahah. .what a slap in the face. .350 blew his doors off. .

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 01-08-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
cpost

At the end of the day we have a Z, and they have a civic or neon.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:27 AM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
My GF had a new rx-8.. . i'll give it that the car was hot to look at and drove nice but inside you ROAST due to the heat of the engine and tranny coming in, and the car was slow as hell. .i mean SLOW!!!. .i allways complained to her about it until one day she surprised me and traded it in for an 05 Sube Sti. .now that car i loved. .But like us all nothing compares to the Z. .it handles exceptional and in a TRUE race thats where it counts. .ANYONE can go fast. .but racing to me is not going in a straight line. .it's skills in being able to whip it into corner's and yada yada. ..
ROAST? Her car must have been malfunctioning or something. I drove my brother's RX8 for 2 years and the car ran like a champ. I never felt that heat you are talking about. The car does lack in power, but overall it is a good grocery-getter.

Honestly, my brother receives more compliments about his car then mine ever could imagine. Every chick digs his car. But IMO, the Z looks way cleaner, it doesn't look all robo-cop.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:52 AM
stanleylee

rx8 has less power compair to our car , but i dont think it is slow if u drive it in right rpm
Old 01-08-2008, 11:29 AM
liven Z life

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by stanleylee
rx8 has less power compair to our car , but i dont think it is slow if u drive it in right rpm

no its slow lol. when i had my gt tiburon it was like an even race with simple bolt ons like intake and exhaust.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:10 PM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
ROAST? Her car must have been malfunctioning or something. I drove my brother's RX8 for 2 years and the car ran like a champ. I never felt that heat you are talking about. The car does lack in power, but overall it is a good grocery-getter.

Honestly, my brother receives more compliments about his car then mine ever could imagine. Every chick digs his car. But IMO, the Z looks way cleaner, it doesn't look all robo-cop.
was his car automatic????? or stick?. .my x's Rx-8 was auto that could be the difference. . .with hot fluid transferring around. .
Old 01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Get_Zwole

i didnt buy the z for speed either i bought it for looks, track, and rear wheel drive sports car that i dont have to carry 5 people around in like my truck. I havent regretted one thing about it and prob never will . I agree at the end of the day faster or not they are still driving civics and neons etc.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:28 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stanleylee
i think you are getting mixed up with throttle response at a high rpm.
That doesn't mean the car is quick. They are pretty slow. I would of seriously considered one if it was quick though. It's an overall ok car that can be bought cheap nowadays.

Quick Reply: Anyone watch Utube vids on 350z?