Notices
Videos View/post video clips of the Z/G35 here.

Ford Focus RS - Stock exhaust gun shots / pops/ bangs

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 10:11 PM
adut015

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ford Focus RS - Stock exhaust gun shots / pops/ bangs

Here's some Focus RS stock exhaust sounds. I can't get over those pops! Hope you enjoy the video.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:29 AM
yosip1115

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I can get over them pretty quick. Mimicking an inefficiency isn't very cool.

If you're running so much boost that there is excess fuel when you let off the gas and it backfires that's cool, but to do it for no reason doesn't make much sense to me. Just seems like marketing crap to sell more cars to younger people who think it's cool
Old 12-05-2017, 01:18 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by yosip1115
Just seems like marketing crap to sell more cars to younger people who think it's cool
monkey see monkey do ... Ken Block & his RS gymkhana

but hats off to ford for realizing what the younger generation is after and creating a product that they CANT NOT buy ... talk about marketing

how else would you sell a $40k 2.3liter ecobox car to a generation* adverse to working/saving/investing? Who want it all right now, right here, who want to be a youtube star like Kenny??

* there are some legit millennials out there ... I'm not trashing them all!!

end rant

OP - is this your car?

Last edited by bealljk; 12-05-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:53 PM
yosip1115

All I see is monkey doo doo!

I am a legit millennial. Working full time since 19, investing in roth ira since 19, graduated at 22, continuing career in engineering now at 23 at soon to be third corporation I've been employed at as I move up in ranks.

Doesn't bother me, I have a resume to protect me, while the majority of us are still living off mommys money.

Sad part is this will be some of their first loan purchases when they build their credit lol. I've already seen a few friends lose their brand new cars to the bank after quitting their jobs. Wtffffff guys
Old 12-05-2017, 02:40 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

All I see is monkey doo doo!

I am a legit millennial. Working full time since 19, investing in roth ira since 19, graduated at 22, continuing career in engineering now at 23 at soon to be third corporation I've been employed at as I move up in ranks.

Doesn't bother me, I have a resume to protect me, while the majority of us are still living off mommys money.

Sad part is this will be some of their first loan purchases when they build their credit lol. I've already seen a few friends lose their brand new cars to the bank after quitting their jobs. Wtffffff guys
you're the asterick ... I sorta laugh at the reputation that millenials bring bc that means no one is nipping at my heels for my job (sorta a bad thing when you think about it). But yes, I don't worry about job security because job security is a function of how well I do my job. I'll always be employed.

what type of engineering?

it's counter-cultural but I fully enjoy my 'no-credit' / zero credit score as I don't borrow money and therefore I'm not going to play the bank's credit game(theres a thread on this somewhere).

g'd'it ... I hijacked yet another thread!
Old 12-05-2017, 03:48 PM
yosip1115

Originally Posted by bealljk
you're the asterick ... I sorta laugh at the reputation that millenials bring bc that means no one is nipping at my heels for my job (sorta a bad thing when you think about it). But yes, I don't worry about job security because job security is a function of how well I do my job. I'll always be employed.

what type of engineering?

it's counter-cultural but I fully enjoy my 'no-credit' / zero credit score as I don't borrow money and therefore I'm not going to play the bank's credit game(theres a thread on this somewhere).

g'd'it ... I hijacked yet another thread!
it's not 350z related anyway...

Do yourself a favor and get a credit card, one with cash rewards. Use it like a debit card, pay it off every month. It will pay you money while building your credit for a loan on a house, new machine, whatever you need to make more money (mine is 1-3% cash back).

I've been focused mainly on process engineering, which entails an extremely wide variety of roles... Design for manufacturing, statistical process control, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, precision metrology, machine design in solidworks, tool design, process automation, plc programming, closed loop system design, hydraulic and pneumatic system design, motion controller programming, cad-cam cnc machining, 3D printing, adhesive dispensing, and much more depending on the product being made or assembled.

It all stemmed off of mechanical engineering though. You can really go anywhere if you go to a good school for that because you cover a lot of ground in school. It's up to you whether you party and hang with people or spend time in the labs/machine shops like I did. I've managed to squeeze a few good long ish relationships in too which is always good.

I'm looking for jobs in process automation, production (production line engineer, manufacturing engineer), etc. It's always a mouthful if someone asks me what I do, because I do like 50 different things.

Just a freakin nerd man, what's your field of work?

Last edited by yosip1115; 12-05-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:07 PM
craig12895

Received 160 Likes on 129 Posts

Actually a guy in my grad school just recently bought one of these. I see how the pops could be cool, but my lawd it would get old very quick. They just do not stop going.

Aside from that I think the car is designed decently. Im impressed by the technology but it also saddens me because Ive been with my buddy in the RS and you dont really have to drive it, it has so much technology to make up for mistakes that you really dont get much driver improvement. So its a great car for someone wanting to make quick lap times, but it's of no interest to me at all.

EDIT: This is also coming from a millennial.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:56 PM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

Lol OP you get no likes.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:57 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Do yourself a favor and get a credit card, one with cash rewards.
nah ... not the time or place but the last thing I'll say on the topic is I know a handful of wealthy people and never has one told me that the secret to their success in building wealth was credit card miles/cash back/usage rewards. I dont worship my credit score, Im not worried about borrowing money on a house bc I have owned a property (and sold it a few months ago), never late on a payment in 8years, have paid all my utilties/rent/etc on time - Im sure I can get manually underwritten. PM as I dont want to hi-jack the hi-jacked thread...to each their own!

what's your field of work?
Keep it simple...civil - mostly transportation & roadways, but I'm pretty good with the major utilities. Will be taking the PE in 2018 ... only like 10 years late!!!

Originally Posted by craig12895
Aside from that I think the car is designed decently. Im impressed by the technology
I'm secretly impressed simply too ... the 350hp/350ft*lbs from a charged 2.3liter...it's dyno'ing around 300whp ... too bad it's 3400lbs or that thing would fly!!!!

Last edited by bealljk; 12-05-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:48 AM
adut015

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

monkey see monkey do ... Ken Block & his RS gymkhana

but hats off to ford for realizing what the younger generation is after and creating a product that they CANT NOT buy ... talk about marketing

how else would you sell a $40k 2.3liter ecobox car to a generation* adverse to working/saving/investing? Who want it all right now, right here, who want to be a youtube star like Kenny??

* there are some legit millennials out there ... I'm not trashing them all!!

end rant

OP - is this your car?
Damn, this got controversial real quick. It's just a car exhaust video. The fake pops made me smile so I enjoyed them. You can just put the car in normal mode and get rid of them altogether if that floats your boat.

No, this is my mate's car. I own a Z, an S2000 and have just bought a Hyper blue STI. Will be saying goodbye to my Z after 6 years of ownership.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:48 AM
craig12895

Received 160 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm secretly impressed simply too ... the 350hp/350ft*lbs from a charged 2.3liter...it's dyno'ing around 300whp ... too bad it's 3400lbs or that thing would fly!!!!
I convinced my friend to go to a dyno day a couple weeks ago. His mod list included a catback. On a mustang dyno he put down 320whp, 370ft-lbs.

But from what I can tell, much of the car is maxed out from the factory. That and head gaskets are going out left and right...
Old 12-06-2017, 06:32 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by adut015
Damn, this got controversial real quick.
nah - were all friends! Congrats on the sti

Originally Posted by craig12895
I convinced my friend to go to a dyno day a couple weeks ago. His mod list included a catback. On a mustang dyno he put down 320whp, 370ft-lbs.

But from what I can tell, much of the car is maxed out from the factory. That and head gaskets are going out left and right...
370ft*lbs is pretty damn good! Doesn't surprise me (about the HGs)...I think car manufactures will be FI'ing all their cars to account for CAFE regulation ... which means the aftermarket is gonna have to work a little harder!