Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

BigBlue's '07 HR

Old 07-02-2017, 05:19 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

This forum is just dead... thanks to FB, everyone has migrated over there.

I haven't used phototbucket in years. I use image host sites like tinypic and imageshack then upload the photo you want on that site. It'll generate an IMG link for you to copy and post on forums etc.
The following users liked this post:
BigBlue (07-02-2017)
Old 07-02-2017, 09:09 AM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by stogey420time
This forum is just dead... thanks to FB, everyone has migrated over there.

I haven't used phototbucket in years. I use image host sites like tinypic and imageshack then upload the photo you want on that site. It'll generate an IMG link for you to copy and post on forums etc.
Thanks for the info., I'll check into those host sites; just want to be able to post pics now and then.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:52 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Thanks for the info., I'll check into those host sites; just want to be able to post pics now and then.
Blue, photobucket is a joke. Ties up your computer, does horrid photo work if/when you opt to try it, and in general is the worst pic hosting site out there. I won't get into my other suspicions about them; but suffice to say, my thoughts are not good ones. (If anyone wants to know, pm)

I've used imgur for hosting a few pics that get sent via PM or other sites requiring 3rd party web hosted pics only.

On that note, I've never had any problems uploading pics direct from my own computer into my posts (and I post a lot of pics) just using the "insert image" button on the tool bar. Always good to just make sure pics are formatted/sized properly first.
BigBlue (07-03-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 10:40 AM
BigBlue

Default Test pic from my laptop:

My Son just proposed to his girlfriend in Central Park at the John Lennon memorial area. Someday I just may turn into a grandpa hehe! *I turn 63 on July 27th so everybody mark that down! Thanks Mic for the pic posting advice!

Last edited by BigBlue; 07-03-2017 at 10:54 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BigBlue:
KingBaby (07-10-2017), MicVelo (07-18-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 10:50 AM
BigBlue

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Blue, photobucket is a joke. Ties up your computer, does horrid photo work if/when you opt to try it, and in general is the worst pic hosting site out there. I won't get into my other suspicions about them; but suffice to say, my thoughts are not good ones. (If anyone wants to know, pm)

I've used imgur for hosting a few pics that get sent via PM or other sites requiring 3rd party web hosted pics only.

On that note, I've never had any problems uploading pics direct from my own computer into my posts (and I post a lot of pics) just using the "insert image" button on the tool bar. Always good to just make sure pics are formatted/sized properly first.
Thanks Mic for the good advice! For some reason I thought that I couldn't post pics directly from my computer, etc. I posted the above pic as a test to see if it worked and wallaahh!

Question: ALL of my pics (except the new one above of my son) on this site are on photobucket. I'd like to get away/cancel that site, but if I did that I'd lose all of my pics on this pretty big thread am I correct? *I do know that whenever I have deleted one on PB, it cancels it out on my thread on this site.

Things were fine with Photobucket for years, but a couple yrs. ago it started seeming strange; couldn't access my account settings to change password, etc. and a few months ago I was on it and my computer basically crashed; I was able to get it going after quite some work and it had all of this weird Asian looking data, so I won't be using it anymore.

Last edited by BigBlue; 07-03-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:52 AM
BigBlue

Default New Rear Differential Bushing

Yesterday I had a new rear diff. bushing installed. The oem bushing was oozing black oil; had been noted after the car got bumped into, but took some time between ins. company and shop that determined that because my brakes were on when the rear bumper got hit a couple months ago that it could have torqued/ruptured the oem bushing.

Her ins. completely covered this bushing replacement; I chose the Whiteline kit that has the main bushing, plus the 4 flat ones that install when putting the diff. back in place. I had read a lot about different kits and this one looks good spec. wise; none of that oem oil filled crap!

Last edited by BigBlue; 07-08-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:09 PM
BigBlue

Took a few pics today, partly cloudy day so car color changes around some; check out the reflection of clouds on roof, not bad for 10 yr. old paint. I had posted these in the "speed clay" thread; recently used the Mother's speed clay (not clay at all, but worked great), good wax/buff so here "He" is (mine's a guy not a chick hehe):

Last edited by BigBlue; 07-09-2017 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:08 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Took a few pics today, partly cloudy day so car color changes around some; check out the reflection of clouds on roof, not bad for 10 yr. old paint. I had posted these in the "speed clay" thread; recently used the Mother's speed clay (not clay at all, but worked great), good wax/buff so here "He" is (mine's a guy not a chick hehe):

Yer hired, Blue. I'll ping you when I get home. Bring yer clay bar thingey, my cars'll be pretty grungy after sitting out for three weeks.

"Blue's Polish n' Spit Shine" gets my positive Yelp review.

Oh, and yeah, mine are gender neutral....... "It..."

Last edited by MicVelo; 07-09-2017 at 04:09 PM.
BigBlue (07-09-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 05:41 PM
BigBlue

Thanks a lot Mic! I'm not sure I can handle another full detail job anytime soon hehe! You hire me and I may have to hire somebody to do the deed on your cars!

*Also, gender neutral is just fine in my book.

Last edited by BigBlue; 07-09-2017 at 05:43 PM.
KingBaby (07-10-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 08:39 PM
BigBlue

Looks like most of my pics disappeared from what has become a pretty big thread; Photobucket is getting revenge I guess, so I've lost most of 4 yrs. of pics on this site. *I've noticed on some other threads have same little notice for some guys that used PB too; pics are gone.

I may just completely cancel any connection to that site (a lot of pictures on it) because that site has acted strange for some time now and I think that it is corrupt; better just try to sever all ties with PB and douche out my computer from any remnants of it.

Kind of sucks for me to lose most all of those pics; I'll just have to keep it alive starting with my more recent pics not from the PB site. Thanks for all of the support on this thread anyway!!
Old 07-17-2017, 03:12 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Looks like most of my pics disappeared from what has become a pretty big thread; Photobucket is getting revenge I guess, so I've lost most of 4 yrs. of pics on this site. *I've noticed on some other threads have same little notice for some guys that used PB too; pics are gone.

I may just completely cancel any connection to that site (a lot of pictures on it) because that site has acted strange for some time now and I think that it is corrupt; better just try to sever all ties with PB and douche out my computer from any remnants of it.

Kind of sucks for me to lose most all of those pics; I'll just have to keep it alive starting with my more recent pics not from the PB site. Thanks for all of the support on this thread anyway!!
you can download them, although you have to go to each on individually, click on the gear looking thing and then choose download. just did this to all of mine and deleted the account
The following 2 users liked this post by travlee:
BigBlue (07-17-2017), MicVelo (07-17-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 08:23 AM
BigBlue

Thanks travlee! Yeah, it looks like I was able to create an album and download it. It showed up on my computer (pictures); only a few of them are named, but if I click on them they show up so that's great! I'll have to go through and sort them out and try to "rename" them, etc. for future use. Maybe I can piece some of them back into my HR thread.

*I also went to settings and clicked delete account, I think it takes a few days, but I want to stay far away from that site.

Last edited by BigBlue; 07-17-2017 at 08:25 AM.
MicVelo (07-17-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 10:16 AM
BigBlue

I was able to save all of my photobucket pics to a zip folder on my laptop which I'm glad for.

I don't think that I can go back on this thread starting pg. #1 and insert the missing pics, or can I? It looks like only on new posts can one post an older pics. If there is a way to do this on old posts please lay it on me.

Question: If I can't re-post old pics on this thread then would it be ok to just do a post of select pics beginning at this point? I don't want to "OD" the thread with a sudden burst of pics, so go ahead and chime in what you think I should do, or not do. Not a big deal, but me and a lot of others on this thread have a ton of text with very few pics to go with it. Thanks!

Last edited by BigBlue; 12-10-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:20 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

i dont see why you couldnt edit them.
BigBlue (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 11:42 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by travlee
i dont see why you couldnt edit them.
^^^ Yep. You can edit each post with the new pics from your computer. It'd be a massive undertaking though as there's currently no batch way of doing a "replace all" because it won't know where you want the image placed so... it's pic by pic.

With a thread this large (which I love, BTW), unless you have many hours/days to do this, you could go ahead and do a NEW photo chronology with a few pics a day and reference the original post for the story. A kludge for sure but possibly better than going one by one.

If you do this, PUT A REDIRECT on the original post in the thread or individual ones to the "new photo galleries".

Hassle? You bet. But this is a casual/informal site. Can you imagine anyone with a professional website that relied on Scumbucket for their image hosting? No choice but to pay them or re-vamp entire catalogs of portfolio images. GRRRRRRRR.....

I'd start such a new photo thread with "Because of those scumbuckets at PHOTOBUCKET, I HAVE to re-post all of my pictures... "
BigBlue (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 02:03 PM
BigBlue

Originally Posted by MicVelo
^^^ Yep. You can edit each post with the new pics from your computer. It'd be a massive undertaking though as there's currently no batch way of doing a "replace all" because it won't know where you want the image placed so... it's pic by pic.

With a thread this large (which I love, BTW), unless you have many hours/days to do this, you could go ahead and do a NEW photo chronology with a few pics a day and reference the original post for the story. A kludge for sure but possibly better than going one by one.

If you do this, PUT A REDIRECT on the original post in the thread or individual ones to the "new photo galleries".

Hassle? You bet. But this is a casual/informal site. Can you imagine anyone with a professional website that relied on Scumbucket for their image hosting? No choice but to pay them or re-vamp entire catalogs of portfolio images. GRRRRRRRR.....

I'd start such a new photo thread with "Because of those scumbuckets at PHOTOBUCKET, I HAVE to re-post all of my pictures... "

Thanks for the two replys! Ok, I tried several times to "edit" like on pg. 1 to paste a copied pic; would not show up, just link info. I did it from my pictures and also media player on the computer and wouldn't work; tried a test on facebook and it works. On this site however, if I do a "new post" the pic/s show up (I just tried a test).

**So since I'm pretty "slow" (the 70's were bitchin'!!) should I just start deleting the dumb photobucket symbols that once were pics (to clean up this thread); leave the text on the pages and go to pg. 1 and "edit" add a note that most of the pics are on this current page and future or something like that? I could add a list of the best pics a few at a time, etc.

Last edited by BigBlue; 07-18-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:31 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

PB sucks now. It's full of viruses and ads, so I avoid it like the plague.
BigBlue (01-14-2024)
Old 07-19-2017, 02:23 PM
BigBlue

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
PB sucks now. It's full of viruses and ads, so I avoid it like the plague.
Yeah I deleted my account and won't go near it again. I may have to do some scanning and anti virus/malware on the computer (have Norton) and try to make sure that any hidden Trojan horse items are removed, etc.

Thanks so much for your help in finding my build thread! I appreciate it!
SmoothZ (07-19-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 06:11 PM
BigBlue

Default Some of the pics that had been lost

** Since I lost most of these pics from this original thread I'll post some pics of mods that were done on the car since 2009 in some posts here and there:

Central 20 3.9 fd gears + all new bearings:

Last edited by BigBlue; 11-02-2017 at 05:45 PM.
BluestreamDE (12-05-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 06:17 PM
BigBlue

Bride "Vorga" seats/hyper low rails (I ordered direct from Nengun in Japan):

MCR aero hood (ordered through Bulletproof direct from Japan), Shine spec A front bumper cover, side skirts:

MCR hood with Stillen V3 supercharger kit:

Amuse type 2 wing:

Last edited by BigBlue; 10-07-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BigBlue's '07 HR