Notices
West Canada British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Mantitoba, etc.

New vendor in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default New vendor in Canada

Hey guys, just wanted to mention that I am now a vendor here on my350.com. Looking at having a turbo kit group buy in the near future.

Sasha
Old 01-18-2010, 06:21 PM
SwivelMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good guy, does great work. Congrats, Sasha!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

I would like to get my hands on a High Rev (07-08) car as well and build a single turbo kit for that. Nobody out there has a single turbo for those years yet. So if there are any volunteers...
Old 01-20-2010, 01:36 PM
gerrychuck

Mid-mount turbo kits, huh? Very interesting! Do you guys have a website? I'd like more info if possible. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gerrychuck
Mid-mount turbo kits, huh? Very interesting! Do you guys have a website? I'd like more info if possible. Thanks!

I will be working on a website in the near future, but for now have a look at the build:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...rbo-build.html

There are a ton of pictures, and it's a lengthy rad but should answer any questions that you may have. If it doesn't just ask away.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:50 AM
gerrychuck

Wow; I managed to make it through both build threads, and I think what you're doing is very exciting. I like the ease of installation, the accessibility of the system, and I love that you're 400 miles away (I'm in Moose Jaw) and that you're using Osiris, which I already have. I think I'd just need to upgrade from Standard to Tuner. Any progress with Uprev regarding a base tune to include with your kit?

Couple of other questions; how much of the stock exhaust are you replacing? It appears you're replacing everything back to and including the y-pipe; is that accurate? I have a Motordyne exhaust, and I'm trying to figure out if their cat/resonator could be put in, but it occupies the space where the y-pipe collector normally is, so I don't think it would fit between the turbo and the midpipe.

My son is an apprentice mechanic with plans to move into tuning and high-performance work as he builds his business; he thinks I should be buying the kit for him to install purely as an educational exercise I guess it would be the selfless thing for me to do...

Anyway, great work. I am interested, and will probably be at Stratotech some time this season for a Time Attack or 2; any chance of seeing you and your car out at any of those events?

Last edited by gerrychuck; 01-22-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gerrychuck
Wow; I managed to make it through both build threads, and I think what you're doing is very exciting. I like the ease of installation, the accessibility of the system, and I love that you're 400 miles away (I'm in Moose Jaw) and that you're using Osiris, which I already have. I think I'd just need to upgrade from Standard to Tuner. Any progress with Uprev regarding a base tune to include with your kit?

Couple of other questions; how much of the stock exhaust are you replacing? It appears you're replacing everything back to and including the y-pipe; is that accurate? I have a Motordyne exhaust, and I'm trying to figure out if their cat/resonator could be put in, but it occupies the space where the y-pipe collector normally is, so I don't think it would fit between the turbo and the midpipe.

My son is an apprentice mechanic with plans to move into tuning and high-performance work as he builds his business; he thinks I should be buying the kit for him to install purely as an educational exercise I guess it would be the selfless thing for me to do...

Anyway, great work. I am interested, and will probably be at Stratotech some time this season for a Time Attack or 2; any chance of seeing you and your car out at any of those events?
Thanks, I put a lot of thought in to this kit and it has worked out very well. You are bang on as far as ease of installation goes and any maintenance that is unlikely, but you never know.

The kit requires one to remove the catalytic and the OEM Y-pipe, the turbo down pipe bolts to the same spot the Y pipe bolts to for the rest of the way. I am running a Megan racing 3" knock off. I paid $250 for the exhaust with shipping, and really like it. Boost comes on at 2850rpm and I get full boost by 3150rpm (8psi). I did a quick search on the Motordyne exhaust, and it looks like the kit would bolt right up to that. So I think you are set there.

On the Uprev side, I have not talked to them yet about a base map. It has been a very busy week at home and work. I have a guy that brought his G35 over for a week for me to test fit the kit on. So that it priority this weekend.

I also agree with you, you need to be selfless, your son needs the experience...

I have not been out to Stratotech yet, but may try it this year…see how things go. I would like to upgrade my brakes and cooling before going for it...but that is a few $$$ that I don't have at this time. Most of my money now is going towards purchasing turbos, wastegates, BOV's, scavenge pumps, intercooler...and other kit components. If this business takes off a bit, that may change. Either way, if you are interested you are more than welcome to take my car for a spin to see how the turbo kit feels.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 PM
gerrychuck

That's a very generous offer, and I might just take you up on it!