MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires-60/)
-   -   Took off the stickers on my TE-37's (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/14487-took-off-the-stickers-on-my-te-37s.html)

z461 12-21-2002 03:38 AM

Took off the stickers on my TE-37's

Man.. it was a pain in the ass to do. Here we go, still waiting on those center caps from Volk...:icon4:
Lighting is too dim this time, due to the bad weather, and the car and wheels are dirty from the rain.. but it's all good.

http://www.naturalclear.com/350Z/te37ns1.jpg
http://www.naturalclear.com/350Z/te37ns3.jpg
http://www.naturalclear.com/350Z/te37ns2.jpg

ChinaClipper 12-21-2002 05:47 AM

Beautiful looking rims dude!

Allright z461! Now, don't keep us in suspense any longer - how did you remove the stickers? Solvent? Goo-gone? Easy-off oven cleaner? (j/k!):p

You are a brave person to reside in urban LA without wheel locks also! :D

Traffic 12-21-2002 05:50 AM

With the center caps, it would look almost OEM, like the optional 19"s for the M3. Trust me, that's a good thing:)

By the way, how's the gap between fender and tire look? In your first pics, it didn't look bad at all, just fine to me. What would you say?

synergytheory 12-21-2002 10:00 AM

man I love those gunmetal TE37s on the CS :D just beautiful, aggresive looking. An extra 100 horses and thats my perfect car.

Mr Fairlady 12-21-2002 11:34 AM

Pretty Brave

wow,...I couldn't imagine doing that to my old Bronze TE-37's,..because you can NEVER get those stickers again,Not bashin either!;)

As far as removing them goes,..give it a few mths and a few washes(if you wash your wheels HARD) they will rub off in time,.all my friends w/ Te's they have rubbed off,..but my old ones never did!

what are the spec's of the wheels--Size/off-set/size of tires front & rear--and if you could Price??

LOOKS DAMN GOOD THOUGH!

spf4000 12-21-2002 11:43 AM

That looks absolutely stunning! Great job z461! Now go get five sets of wheel locks to protect your investment!

z461 12-21-2002 02:50 PM

Umm..there are wheel locks on the wheels already. I may invest in a set of Volk wheel locks though... I took it off using a plastic spatula and a hairdryer. First I used my nails until they started seperating from my fingers and bleeding :mad: .

Daytona - The wheel gap is about 1.5 fingers in the rear and almost 2 fingers in front. It LOOKS like it's lowered, kinda funny.. I have eibach springs on order, but not sure if i'm going to put them on. I'm really happy the Z doesn't look raised after putting on +1 size wheels.

z461 12-21-2002 02:50 PM

Re: Pretty Brave

Originally posted by Mr Fairlady
wow,...I couldn't imagine doing that to my old Bronze TE-37's,..because you can NEVER get those stickers again,Not bashin either!;)

As far as removing them goes,..give it a few mths and a few washes(if you wash your wheels HARD) they will rub off in time,.all my friends w/ Te's they have rubbed off,..but my old ones never did!

what are the spec's of the wheels--Size/off-set/size of tires front & rear--and if you could Price??

LOOKS DAMN GOOD THOUGH!

Have you tried calling Mackin Industries directly? I believe they can get you a set...

Mr Fairlady 12-21-2002 04:16 PM

Yes,..Mackin will not send you a set,..once they are off,.they are off!!
My friend has a set of VOlk(TRD wheels) on his Celica and they came off and they can't send more cuz of conterfit---but still they look good w/ the stickers off,..but I had to Floss em,.I was the first in my town w/ em on my RSX-S so,..I left em on!

but Looks good!!!

z461 12-21-2002 04:21 PM

Originally posted by Mr Fairlady
Yes,..Mackin will not send you a set,..once they are off,.they are off!!
My friend has a set of VOlk(TRD wheels) on his Celica and they came off and they can't send more cuz of conterfit---but still they look good w/ the stickers off,..but I had to Floss em,.I was the first in my town w/ em on my RSX-S so,..I left em on!

but Looks good!!!

Hmm.. If you wanna set.. I can probably get them :D

fairladyZ in Japan 12-21-2002 10:08 PM

Simply stunning !!!

Very, very nice job ! Those TE-37's in 19 inch configuration are beautiful.

I love the NISMO wheels... but I am beginning to have second doubts. Hmmm... I am going to instal the S-tune (or R if it comes out)... and will have to talk with the NISMO guys on 19 inch -vs- 18 inch wheels with suspension setup.

What type of wheel caps are being offered .. flat to the wheel ?

z461 12-22-2002 01:18 AM

Re: Simply stunning !!!

Originally posted by fairladyZ in Japan
Very, very nice job ! Those TE-37's in 19 inch configuration are beautiful.

I love the NISMO wheels... but I am beginning to have second doubts. Hmmm... I am going to instal the S-tune (or R if it comes out)... and will have to talk with the NISMO guys on 19 inch -vs- 18 inch wheels with suspension setup.

What type of wheel caps are being offered .. flat to the wheel ?

Flat to the wheel and also those huge caps that look like little cups. I think I may get one of the flat-to-the wheel ones.

fairladyZ in Japan 12-22-2002 05:43 AM

I am really looking forward to your driving impressions.. after adding the new wheels and tires... -vs- stock.

Also.. impressions of your other mods...

thanks...

19 inch silver TE-37's ... hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... optional aero with Nismo tune... the sugar-plums keep dancing ...

z461 12-22-2002 01:24 PM

Originally posted by fairladyZ in Japan
I am really looking forward to your driving impressions.. after adding the new wheels and tires... -vs- stock.

Also.. impressions of your other mods...

thanks...

19 inch silver TE-37's ... hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... optional aero with Nismo tune... the sugar-plums keep dancing ...

Driving impression is that the car feels pretty much about the same except that I have more traction and there is a little less body roll. Before when you pushed the car there would be more and more body roll. However, with the wider wheels/tires now when you push it there is only a slight hint of body roll, and then a limit is reached. Turn in response is better too... No extra bump steer and the tires don't follow grooves in the highway..