MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires-60/)
-   -   Nismo Wheel with Nut (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/14769-nismo-wheel-with-nut.html)

EnthuZ 12-25-2002 03:03 PM

Nismo Wheel with BIG Nut

1 Attachment(s)
When will this be available? Price? Diameters? Widths? Offsets? Colors? Who will offer?

Me Want BIG time:icon04: :icon4: :icon04: :icon4: :cool: :D

Monkey Man 12-25-2002 05:01 PM

The Nismo wheels are available, they just have to be imported from Japan. Most dealers, such as myself, can get them.

Sanderman 12-25-2002 09:24 PM

Anybody have any opther pics or links where I can see them is silver or polished finishes? Any stats on weights in 18 X 8.5 and 18 X 9.5 sizes?

Joe

NissaNZ 12-25-2002 10:44 PM

OMG that is the most gorgeous wheel I have ever seen!!!! How much are 18's? :eek: :eek:

TCL 12-26-2002 03:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Sanderman
Anybody have any opther pics or links where I can see them is silver or polished finishes? Any stats on weights in 18 X 8.5 and 18 X 9.5 sizes?

This is the only good picture I found. I'm seriously considering these wheels. One stat I saw had the sizes you mentioned weighing just slightly more than the narrower Rays on the Track model. Undecided as to whether the silver or white would look better on a Daytona Blue.

Sanderman 12-26-2002 01:09 PM

Hmmm, those are a bit different. The thing I really like about the black is the flush center cap that eliminates that "circular hole in the middle of the wheel" look finished off with that large nut. The silver and white look like they dont have those parts. I wonder if this is a different version of the wheel or if you can get the version of the wheel shown in black finished in silver instead...

Joe

Sanderman 12-26-2002 01:15 PM

Hmmm, those are a bit different. The thing I really like about the black is the flush center cap that eliminates that "circular hole in the middle of the wheel" look finished off with that large nut. The silver and white look like they dont have those parts. I wonder if this is a different version of the wheel or if you can get the version of the wheel shown in black finished in silver instead...

Joe

TCL 12-26-2002 03:31 PM

Originally posted by Sanderman

Joe

I think there are two types of center caps. ksj just posted this translation from the NISMO site:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...p=ja_en&tt=url

NissaNZ 12-26-2002 07:59 PM

Hey guys do those really come in black or is that bronze in the first picture posted? Also is the model number LM-GT4 and how much each for the 18's?

TCL 12-27-2002 02:02 AM

Originally posted by NissaNZ
Hey guys do those really come in black or is that bronze in the first picture posted? Also is the model number LM-GT4 and how much each for the 18's?
The info I've seen shows bronze, white, and silver as the available colors for the sizes that fit the Z. Maybe that black wheel is available on a different size. ksj reported paying $2400 delivered for a set of 4.

The model designation is LM GT4.

fairladyZ in Japan 12-28-2002 03:17 AM

There is a limited NISMO edition... in black... for the Z spec wheel.

TCL 12-28-2002 05:41 AM

Originally posted by fairladyZ in Japan
There is a limited NISMO edition... in black... for the Z spec wheel.
fairladyZ, your sig indicates that you plan to load up with NISMO modifications. Which wheel do you plan to go with?

fairladyZ in Japan 12-28-2002 06:17 AM

TCL.... long time... hope all is well....

I am definetely going to get the NISMO S-tune suspension to include the front & rear stablizer bars.

There will most likely be a "R" tune later on for track-type driving... and maybe even a "Z" tune which is for race only. This is the same progression that is available for the GTR and Silvia.

That being said... I will not take possession of my new Z until early March... and plan to run it almost stock for a few months to get the "feel". Then, after that, balls-to-the-wall with mods.

I will be talking to my Nissan friend and the NISMO guys in January and February regarding running 18" NISMO rims -vs- the 19" inch rims a la TE-37 which I love. I don't know how the S-tune or even R-tune will run with 19". In any event.. depending on their input -- I will go with whatever improves the driving -- as opposed to looks.

I love the 19" inch look of the TE-37... but will wait to see if that setup is compatible with the NISMO suspension tuning.

Also... I saw your post together with somebody else who will obtain very shortly the S-tune. Where is that post ?

TCL 12-28-2002 09:51 AM

Also... I saw your post together with somebody else who will obtain very shortly the S-tune. Where is that post ?

Yes, it's been a while.

Here's the post you asked about:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=14821

He may be the first person in the US to put the S-tune suspension on a 350Z. I'm anxious to hear whether it really is an acceptable set up for the street. One test drive report from Japan implied that it might even be better over the bumps than the stock suspension.

If you come across any additional info on the suspension from your NISMO contacts in Japan, please post what you find.

Regarding the GT4s, I'm considering them for two reasons. The engineer's report in the latest Sport Z indicated that they will be recommending those wheels with the S-tune suspension combined with 245 front and 275 rear tires. Second, I've always been a great fan of cleanly designed 5 spoke wheels (e.g. certain wheels from Campagnolo, Compomotive).

fairladyZ in Japan 12-28-2002 11:32 PM

TCL... Yes, I will let you know anything I hear about the S-tune and the LMGT4 wheels. I have a hunch that they (Nissan and NISMO) will recommend the standard setup of 18 inch wheels with the S-tune.

Thanks for reminding me about Sport-Z... still have not received the latest edition and will drop Art a line.

Happy New Year.. and enjoy that Z of yours. To a great 2003 for all of us !

TCL 12-29-2002 03:28 AM

Thanks for reminding me about Sport-Z... still have not received the latest edition and will drop Art a line. ...

I probably received the issue a little early since I sprang for the first class postage option.

zPilott 12-29-2002 10:34 AM

http://www.japanparts.com/NissanPart...Z33/Wheels.htm

lists some info with their prices. (the caps cost extra)

They just have the bronze silver and white listed.

Maximam 12-29-2002 11:51 AM

Re: Nismo Wheel with BIG Nut

Originally posted by EnthuZ
When will this be available? Price? Diameters? Widths? Offsets? Colors? Who will offer?

Me Want BIG time:icon04: :icon4: :icon04: :icon4: :cool: :D

Ya those are nice!! I want them in 8.5 for the Maxima!

valuetl 12-29-2002 05:20 PM

The Black NISMO LM-GT4 wheels in question are limited production wheels made for the GTR. Size 18 x 9.5 +12 Offsets. There are only going to be 200 wheels made in that size.

ksj 12-29-2002 08:33 PM

I'm the lucky soul who expects the S-Tune suspension and the LM-GT4's early next week. Valuetl (Mike) is who I them ordered from.

Once I get it all installed I'll post pics and let everyone know how it feels on the street. I just sent Stop-tech and a couple of other aftermarket brake co's a mail to find out if they're set-up would fit.

I suspect all of them would fit fine since the stock Brembo's were what they were trying to clear with stock wheels. I figured I should get the brakes installed with the suspension since it should save me some labor cost.

Anyway, I'm obviously looking forward to getting everything so I can get started. Now if I could just decide between the Toyo's and the SO-3's...

Kevin